Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Satisfaction with dealer service rises, Lexus and GMC are tops

Old 03-15-13, 02:08 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Satisfaction with dealer service rises, Lexus and GMC are tops

Satisfaction with dealer service rises, Lexus and GMC are tops

During the economic downturn, many car dealerships counteracted their slowing income by focusing on things that would set them apart from competition – things like the quality of customer service they provide. When the economy picked up and more sales and service followed, many also first invested those funds back into the business, improving their dealership facilities and service centers.

It looks like those investments are paying off, as J.D. Power and Associates' latest Customer Service Index Study shows that overall consumer satisfaction with dealer service has increased to 797 (on a 1,000-point scale), up from 787 in 2012 and 29 points higher than the score in 2011. The study also finds that people are more satisfied with the service they get at dealerships compared to independent service providers, despite the much higher average out-of-pocket cost per visit ($118 vs. $44).

Note, however, that this study only looks at how people are treated by a dealer's service department during the first three years of ownership (the survey is based on responses from 91,000 owners and lessees of 2008 to 2012 model year vehicles), so we're talking about the experience had when bringing a car in for repair or maintenance work, most likely under warranty. In fact, maintenance work is increasing in share and accounted for 77 percent of service visits (up from 72 percent in 2012 and 63 percent in 2011). This helps explain why customer satisfaction has also risen, since a properly maintained car is one that's less likely to require a dealer visit for an unexpected repair.

Of the automakers, Lexus again ranks highest in customer satisfaction for dealer service for the fifth consecutive year with a CSI score of 862. What might surprise you is that GMC is the highest-scoring mass market brand, with a CSI score of 819.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/14/s...-gmc-are-tops/
Old 03-15-13, 07:50 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

Our local Cadillac dealership has the best customer service I've seen in my area. It's way better than the local Lexus dealership. My mom won't buy a Lexus because Cadillac's service is so much better.

The Chrysler dealership near me is horrible though. They were always trying to screw me over when I would bring my 300 up there. They were extremely rude to my parents as well.
Old 03-15-13, 10:02 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X

The Chrysler dealership near me is horrible though. They were always trying to screw me over when I would bring my 300 up there. They were extremely rude to my parents as well.
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealerships, as a whole, do leave some things to be desired. I haven't been impressed with most of the ones I've seen.
Old 03-15-13, 10:51 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most dealerships which carry GMC also carry Buick. The Buick/GMC dealership service centers I have dealt with have been quite good. They have been better than any of the Nissan dealerships I've used, for instance.