Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Ford Mustang

Old 10-18-14, 12:11 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-18-14, 06:19 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I had a chance to attend The Mustang Bucket List Tour event to checkout and test drive the new Mustang.

They had the following cars on display:
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost with Premium Package in Competition Orange, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Ruby Red colors.
2015 Ford Mustang GT with Performance Package in Triple Yellow

Only the EcoBoost were available for a brief test drive.

My thoughts
The test drive was VERY brief, I got to step on the gas hard a few times but was not able to test the car's handling abilities at all.

I always loved the Mustang design since I was very young and have always wanted one. However I prefer the driving dynamics of sport oriented cars rather than muscle cars - not sure if the new Mustang has moved enough to the Sports car territory for my tastes. I do look forward to driving a GT with the Perf Pack.

Positives
- Seats are AWESOME - very comfortable and offer just the right amount of side bolstering.
- Interior quality, fit/finish are all improved
- I really like the Separate custom settings for Suspension and Steering. I played around with them during the drive and you could definitely feel the difference in steering feel.

Negatives
- Seating position is not very good for performance driving imo.
I felt like i was sitting very high and on "top" of the car rather than "in" it.
- The hood bulge design makes the hood seem like its going up and forever when you are in driver's seat. Hard to see over it.
- I didnt get the feeling i was driving a "Sports" type car during the test drive. It felt big to me and not very nimble.
Old 10-18-14, 06:21 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Few videos I made of the event:

Old 10-20-14, 10:48 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 10-20-14, 12:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I had a chance to attend The Mustang Bucket List Tour event to checkout and test drive the new Mustang.

They had the following cars on display:
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost with Premium Package in Competition Orange, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Ruby Red colors.
2015 Ford Mustang GT with Performance Package in Triple Yellow

Only the EcoBoost were available for a brief test drive.

My thoughts
The test drive was VERY brief, I got to step on the gas hard a few times but was not able to test the car's handling abilities at all.

I always loved the Mustang design since I was very young and have always wanted one. However I prefer the driving dynamics of sport oriented cars rather than muscle cars - not sure if the new Mustang has moved enough to the Sports car territory for my tastes. I do look forward to driving a GT with the Perf Pack.

Positives
- Seats are AWESOME - very comfortable and offer just the right amount of side bolstering.
- Interior quality, fit/finish are all improved
- I really like the Separate custom settings for Suspension and Steering. I played around with them during the drive and you could definitely feel the difference in steering feel.

Negatives
- Seating position is not very good for performance driving imo.
I felt like i was sitting very high and on "top" of the car rather than "in" it.
- The hood bulge design makes the hood seem like its going up and forever when you are in driver's seat. Hard to see over it.
- I didnt get the feeling i was driving a "Sports" type car during the test drive. It felt big to me and not very nimble.
Never thought I'd see the day a Muscle car would have an adjustable suspension. Pure awesome
Old 10-21-14, 11:29 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

beautiful car.

I tell ya, the 5.0 makes the nissan GTR look very very very OVER-PRICED.
Old 10-22-14, 08:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I had a chance to attend The Mustang Bucket List Tour event to checkout and test drive the new Mustang. ...
thanks for the great feedback and videos.

that would be an instant turn off for me. that and the over the top (amplified) in cabin engine noise.

Originally Posted by Tantrix
I tell ya, the 5.0 makes the nissan GTR look very very very OVER-PRICED.
because the mustang GT has sophisticated AWD you mean and has already proven itself a spectacular performer on the nurbergring?
Old 10-22-14, 08:27 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 10-22-14, 10:34 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Hennessey's New 2015 Mustang GT Supercharged HPE600 and HPE700 Kits from $15k

Let the 2015 Mustang horsepower wars begin; Hennessey has dropped its new HPE600 and HPE700 Ford pony car packages with 620hp and 717hp respectively.

The tuner is already taking orders for the two models, both of which are built around the 2015 Mustang GT, with production capped at 500 units a pop for the 2015MY.

With the $14,950 HPE600 you get a 2.3-liter supercharger system, new engine management control and other technical upgrades for the 5.0-liter V8, boosting output from 435hp and 400 lb-ft to 620hp @ 6,600 rpm and 595 lb-ft torque @ 4,400 rpm.

Moving up to the $17,950 HPE700, Hennessey gives the V8 a bigger 2.9L supercharger along with a different air induction, fuel injectors and pump, and ECU with the revised engine producing 717hp @ 6,600 rpm and 632 lb-ft torque @ 4,400 rpm.

While no performance numbers were shared for the first package, Hennessey said that the HPE700 runs to 60mph (96km/h) in 3.6 seconds and completes the quarter mile in 11.2 seconds at 131mph (211km/h).

“This thing is uncaged, absolutely nuts,” said Hennessey partner Don Goldman. ”We’re thrilled to offer a 2015 Mustang that will outperform some of the fastest cars currently offered, at a lower price point.”

Both kits adorn the Mustang GT with special badges and serial number plaques, with Hennessey also offering a $7,450 optional Carbon Aero package comprising a front splitter, side sills and rear lip spoiler, and 19- or 20-inch lightweight alloy wheels priced from $6,950.

Hennessey said it's currently working on a high-performance upgrade for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost-powered Mustang that will be released in the near future.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/hen...ustang-gt.html
Old 10-23-14, 11:26 AM
Hoovey689

I'd take a Saleen or Roush before a Hennessey
Old 10-23-14, 11:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I'd take a Saleen or Roush before a Hennessey
Saleen and Roush both charge some pretty good money for their mods. Do you think the extra $$$$$ is worth it?
Old 10-23-14, 02:13 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Saleen and Roush both charge some pretty good money for their mods. Do you think the extra $$$$$ is worth it?
Considering Hennessey's shady reputation, hell yes!
Old 10-31-14, 10:23 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

"Professional drifter and Mustang RTR tuner Vaughn Gittin Jr knows a thing or two about sliding sideways in pony cars. Vaughn was the first American to win an International drifting event, and he did it in a Ford Mustang. Fast forward to 2014 and Vaughn is very excited about the all new 2015 Ford Mustang and treated us to a special walk around. JR dives in to the two biggest changes for the new Mustang, the inclusion of an Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), despite Ford having dialed in the live axle to perfection, as well as the return of the four cylinder turbocharged Mustang. Vaughn also discusses what it is like to run his own tuning house and even goes into detail about what we can expect to see at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas."
Old 10-31-14, 03:35 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Ford Reportedly Softening 2015 Mustang’s Suspension for Europe

Can you imagine European customers asking for a softer suspension on a US model 20 years ago?

Neither can we, but it’s exactly what’s happening with the all-new Ford Mustang ahead of its first European deliveries.

Since European media (particularly from the UK) have criticized the 2015 Mustang’s low speed ride during recent test drives, Ford has promised to look into it and make some changes for European-spec models.

“As soon as we play with the low speed damping we risk harming the car’s handling. Even so, we’re about to begin testing and there are some things we can do,” Ford global engineering chief Raj Nair was quoted as saying by Autocar.

It’s indeed a tricky situation for Ford engineers, as making the Mustang more comfortable risks affecting its handling. The all-new Mustang has been praised for its performance and high speed handling, but its low-speed comfort levels are said to lack the compliance needed for UK roads.

Available in Europe for the first time in the nameplate’s history, the sixth-generation Mustang goes on sale in the first quarter 2015 in continental Europe and in June in the UK.

For European markets, the Mustang will be offered with two engines, the 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder unit producing 329PS (324hp) and 407 Nm (300 lb-ft) of torque, or the 5.0-liter V8 engine delivering more than 426 PS (420hp) and 529 Nm (390 lb-ft) of torque.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/for...-mustangs.html
Old 11-03-14, 04:29 PM
Hoovey689

Default Preparing for the GT350 1/5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Ford Mustang