Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Ford Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-13, 10:21 PM
05EX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think and I hope that we all will be surprised with what Ford brings to the table with the next gen Mustang esp now that that they have seemed to embrace a Global philosophy. I came close to trading in my GTO or My Charger Daytona on a new Mustang with Recaros and the track pack in green. But I held back and said wait. I have high hopes and may still keep the two that i have and pick up the new model in the ecoboost version and boost the hell out of it and be happy I cant wait for a year or so after they drop and the tuners get there hands on it.
Old 06-13-13, 12:00 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 05EX
I think and I hope that we all will be surprised with what Ford brings to the table with the next gen Mustang esp now that that they have seemed to embrace a Global philosophy. I came close to trading in my GTO or My Charger Daytona on a new Mustang with Recaros and the track pack in green. But I held back and said wait. I have high hopes and may still keep the two that i have and pick up the new model in the ecoboost version and boost the hell out of it and be happy I cant wait for a year or so after they drop and the tuners get there hands on it.
Are they going to do a turbo 4 or put in the twin turbo v6 from the F150, Taurus, Flex . . .

I know you can haul a@@ with the ecoboost v6, some guys are running 12 second et's in 5000lb Ford Flex wagons and pickup trucks. Still, I'd much rather have the v8 in a Mustang. The sound is a big part of the Mustang experience, that 5.0 V8 makes one heck of a noise.
Old 06-13-13, 06:14 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Are they going to do a turbo 4 or put in the twin turbo v6 from the F150, Taurus, Flex . . .

I know you can haul a@@ with the ecoboost v6, some guys are running 12 second et's in 5000lb Ford Flex wagons and pickup trucks. Still, I'd much rather have the v8 in a Mustang. The sound is a big part of the Mustang experience, that 5.0 V8 makes one heck of a noise.
Honestly, domestic cars are looking better, and more reliable now, especially corvette and stangs. I rally really do consider either those two, but still looking forward to the imports.

Imports better bring good hybrid techs with them, or else i am buying domestic next. The thing with domestic = cheap after markets
Old 06-13-13, 10:10 AM
05EX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Aron9000

Turbo 4 with 350hp is what is being said
Old 06-26-13, 12:39 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Hear the 2015 Mustang GT V8 roar for the first time

VIDEO:
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/26/h...he-first-time/
Old 06-26-13, 02:35 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

sounded good... hope they change the exhaust tips..
Old 06-28-13, 05:44 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

is this really how the next mustang will look ? wow it looks amazing. if this truly is how the next stang will look and in the 25 to 35k range then many car companies better start to worry. I don't see how anyone will want to buy a audi S5 coupe in 60k range when this mustang beast is growling at 30k.

domestic cars are truly starting to look amazing.

Originally Posted by bagwell

Under the hood, the 2015 Ford Mustang will come with a base model V6 engine while a 2.3-liter, EcoBoost four-cylinder will be available as a step up with around 350 hp. On the high end, the 2015 Mustang will be powered by a 5.0-liter Coyote V8 and will be making around 450 hp, similar to the current Boss 302 offering. And the 2015 Ford Mustang will be sporting an independent rear.

As for rumors, the Ford Mustang SVT model might drop its Shelby name and its forced induction. That could mean a naturally-aspirated V8 and Ford reviving the Cobra moniker.

Expect a glimpse of the 2015 Ford Mustang before the end of this year.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ampaign=weekly
Old 06-28-13, 06:16 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Tantrix
is this really how the next mustang will look ? wow it looks amazing. if this truly is how the next stang will look and in the 25 to 35k range then many car companies better start to worry. I don't see how anyone will want to buy a audi S5 coupe in 60k range when this mustang beast is growling at 30k.

domestic cars are truly starting to look amazing.
Judging by the spy photos, probably not as close to that rendering, but that would be sweet
Old 07-18-13, 01:22 PM
Hoovey689

Default First 1K next-gen Mustangs to carry 2014 1/2 model year?

First 1K next-gen Mustangs to carry 2014 1/2 model year?

A new report from Mustangs Daily, citing insider sources at Ford, tells us that the Blue Oval will produce 1,000 next-generation Mustangs with the model year designation of 2014 ½, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the storied marque. The commemorative half-year designation is a rumor that's been swirling in Mustang forums for quite some time now, and seems more plausible than ever with this most recent report. Certainly it's not far-fetched to believe that Ford will want to make a big deal of the golden anniversary for its most-loved model.

The story (compiled by Drew Phillips, who runs the aforementioned Mustang site when he's not directing the photography on these pages) goes on to say that the limited-run cars will be the first built on the new Mustang platform internally known as S550 (and spied testing in the attached gallery). Each car is said to carry a "special" VIN and build number, though no performance upgrades versus the 2015 cars to follow are in the works. A collector's dream then, rather than a weekend racer's.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/18/f...-2-model-year/
Old 07-18-13, 03:06 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very excited for the next-gen mustang!
Old 07-18-13, 03:43 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Have so much hope for this new thing. Praying it's not retro and takes the modern path up in the world.
Old 08-02-13, 07:27 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Spied: Is That a 2.0-liter Turbo Hiss We Hear on this 2015 Ford Mustang?

If you’re still not comfortable with the idea of a four-pot turbocharged Ford Mustang, then you better head over to one of our previous posts, all of which degenerated into lots of for and against arguments that unfolded in the comments sections. We won’t be covering that here.

What we will be covering, though, is this short video that to our knowledge, is one of, if not the first video that could be showing us an EcoBoost-powered ‘Stang. It looks no different, under the thick camouflage, from the V8 model we posted a video of a while back, but it sure sounds differently (two videos, actually).

In fact, if anything, it has more clearly audible turbo hiss than some other cars equipped with the same basic engine, including the wicked Focus ST. This may be due to the fact that its power output is around 300 hp, and it’s therefore sucking more air, but we cannot say for sure.

Keep in mind that this will not be the base model, as that spot is still reserved for the new V6 model, which is by no means an undesirable model, especially given its very attractive bang for buck factor.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/08/spi...o-hiss-we.html
Old 08-02-13, 10:29 AM
Hoovey689

^^ probably the 2.3L Turbo I4 that was rumored for the European Market

Probably expect V6 and V8 Stateside at least for now
Old 08-15-13, 11:54 PM
Hoovey689

Default Next Ford Mustang to drop 400 pounds?

Next Ford Mustang to drop 400 pounds

The Ford Mustang is already the lightest of the current crop of muscle cars, at around 3,600 pounds for a GT coupe with the six-speed manual transmission. That's almost 260 pounds less than a Chevrolet Camaro SS and about 450 pounds less than a Dodge Challenger R/T, which means the Mustang has a pretty big advantage when it comes to handling, braking, accelerating and economy. More good news: The next Mustang will be even lighter.

According to a report from Edmunds, the sixth-generation Mustang, which is set to debut at the 2014 North American International Auto Show, will shed an additional 400 pounds of body fat. That 11-percent weight reduction will be thanks to lightweight materials, with a particular focus on using stronger, but less material in construction. Aluminum will feature heavily, but Edmunds' inside source warns that there is "nothing terribly exotic" coming to the original pony car.

The other big news is that the new Mustang will be smaller overall. It's going to be 15-inches shorter than the 188.5-inch Mustang on sale today, while it'll also be 6.5 inches narrower. Shorter overhangs, both in the front and rear, are also good signs for those that want an agile Mustang.

Of course, these improvements aren't going to come cheap. Depending on what sort of equipment is selected, the max price is going to jump about 10 percent according to Edmunds. Still, a bit of extra cash for a lot less weight is a deal we're happy to live with.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/15/n...op-400-pounds/
Old 08-16-13, 06:24 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

This won't be the first time Ford's built a "lightweight" Mustang:

Quick Reply: 2015 Ford Mustang