Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bad experience with SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 12:51 PM
GRAYM
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad experience with SiriusXM

OK...I just need to rant about the crappy customer service at XM. we just bought our RX last month. Called them to put it in our name and get the 3 months service free....in addition I had them go ahead and set me up with out subscription so we don't have any service interruption and so I don't have to call those idiots one more time.....well needless to say I am on my 4th call. We have the weather subscription as well and that keeps turning off. Each time I call them back its the same story, well your lexus does not have that option....go figure it did work and it's on the screen. Just how stupid do they think we are. Then I get this escalated to a supervisor....wow second in command idiot. Now it's going to their IT department.....get real what does IT department have to do with this. any other time they just send the signal to the reciever. It worked before. If these guys didn't have the corner on the market I'd be somewhere else fast.

Anyone else with XM or Sirius stories??
Old 03-04-13, 12:57 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I've always canceled my service with them immediately following my free trial. They have a uncanny ability to screw the billing side up like no other. Plus, I think 25/5 months is a good deal with them. But their content keeps getting crappier and crappier. More talking, less music. And the variety they had back 5 years ago is now gone. I get the same poor service from FM for free. Sorry you had a bad experience, and you're right, nowhere else to go. But that's why I love iPods and Bluetooth streaming. Get what I need elsewhere and for cheaper.
Old 03-04-13, 03:22 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I've always canceled my service with them immediately following my free trial. They have a uncanny ability to screw the billing side up like no other. Plus, I think 25/5 months is a good deal with them. But their content keeps getting crappier and crappier. More talking, less music. And the variety they had back 5 years ago is now gone. I get the same poor service from FM for free. Sorry you had a bad experience, and you're right, nowhere else to go. But that's why I love iPods and Bluetooth streaming. Get what I need elsewhere and for cheaper.
They seem very hard to deal with; if you are on facebook I recommmend "liking" them and putting your comments on. Mine was just shut off because I could not come to terms with them other than full price of $178....they said on FB that there are NO promotions for Lexus at the moment!
If you aren't on FB you haven;t missed too much; alot of jealous Toyota owners on there if you mention Lexus...lol
Old 03-04-13, 03:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Funny you mention Weather Service, because I find that the most useless as it only goes by big city regions. The radio stations themselves and the live-time traffic are the ones to get IMO
Old 03-04-13, 04:19 PM
Fly4u
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was an early adopter of Sirius back in 2003 but grew tired of the VJ's on the music channels.
Years later I purchased an XM kit and subscription for my sister. When the original unit died, they seemed unable to integrate the replacement ESN# into her account. Long story short, I had paid for a yearly sub in advance and tried to cancel to no avail. Their cust serv system is horrendous, replete with false promises and the ultimate pass-the-buck mentality. I will never give them a dime for a substandard product and leach-like mentality.

I use downloaded music media, CD's, and the occasional talk-radio station. For traffic and weather, nothing beats my iPhone!
Old 03-04-13, 04:31 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Their customer service is always hit or miss but it isn't that bad now.. EDIT: As long as you don't have to talk to them.. LOL
Old 03-04-13, 04:42 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Their customer service is always hit or miss but it isn't that bad now.. EDIT: As long as you don't have to talk to them.. LOL

I have to call on the 9th to renew but only at the half rate of $100 with taxes and royalties.The first rep usually won't go with that rate.So I say I'd like to cancel.Then I'm transferred to cancellation dept and that rep winds up giving me the half off deal.
I have 3 vehicles with XM and have to play this dog and pony show usually every time in the last 3-4 years.
Though I will say my last rep was ok.
Old 03-04-13, 06:40 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree that customer service is some of, if not the worst, I've ever experienced. As much as customer service is important to me and a key determination of where I spend my money when I have a choice, I hate to publically admit I have a pay-for contract with Sirius-XM myself. I remain amazed that the Sirius-XM business model continues to be successful, especially their modus operandi of having to wait until your term is up and then say you are canceling, before a significantly better rate is offered -- year after year. Their actions don't reward loyal customers. I really believe this company remains in business because they are the only game available if one wants satellite radio service, since the US allowed one time competitors, Sirius and XM, to merge back in 2008. It is beyond me why it was allowed to happen, but that decision eliminated effectively all competition in the satellite radio market. Our consumer options are now to use traditional AM or FM, an iPod or similar player, CD, or some sort of internet-based streaming service and the different sort of costs and challenges each of those imply. Sirius-XM customer service may occasionally say they care (and even pop into threads here on CL like this), but their continual corporate actions, and my personal experience with them, don't line up with a company that really cares and is trying to please their customers for the long haul. As awful as this sounds, even though they would never publicly admit to it, I believe they know they have a monopoly today, and continue to execute the way they do because of it.

Last edited by BertL; 03-04-13 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling/typo
Old 03-04-13, 06:57 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 466 Likes on 293 Posts

Sirius XM customer service is indeed some of the worst in the industry. I ended up canceling service on three of my cars in frustration at their inability to handle a simple payment error on their part.
Old 03-04-13, 09:12 PM
ecr72
Driver

The run around and games you have to play are some of the worst in the subscription business. DirecTV is not much better. That said, I've actually had good luck dealing with their CS reps. Twice I've missed the deadline to cancel and they popped my credit card for the full amount. Both times all it took was one call to get the half off deal and a credit on our card. Our 3 months on the CPO expired and they sent us a 5mo/$25 in the mail so we took them up on that offer. However, I just wish they would offer some decent standard pricing so we don't have to waste everyone's time with these games. I guess there are enough people paying full pop to make it worth it.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-04-13, 09:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have never been blown away by the service. To be honest I pay for it because I hate the idea of having a feature on the car that doesnt work. I probably listen to satellite radio a few times a year but I dont want to be without the option
Old 03-04-13, 09:55 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Funny you mention Weather Service, because I find that the most useless as it only goes by big city regions. The radio stations themselves and the live-time traffic are the ones to get IMO
I agree, the weather feature is not worth any money. Last week I called to have the ending 3-month trial on the Porsche switched to a normal subscription and while doing that, had the weather feature cancelled on the Lexus.

This call, to active the Porsche and cancel weather in the Lexus, took an hour of my time, BTW.

The traffic coverage is not the best either, but I find it useful around the Bay Area. I got stuck in traffic in the central valley a few months ago and the XM traffic did not cover I-5 out there but Google maps did. Traffic was slow enough that I could pull out my iPad and get the traffic map on it and I prop'ed it up on the console under the Nav display.

The trouble with iPad / iPhone for traffic is they're hard to operate in the car if you're alone so I kept the traffic service on both cars.
Old 03-04-13, 10:00 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have never been blown away by the service. To be honest I pay for it because I hate the idea of having a feature on the car that doesnt work. I probably listen to satellite radio a few times a year but I dont want to be without the option
I'm sorta the same way, so I keep the XM and Lexus Inform going and use them occasionally.

I like the classical service and the Real Jazz channel on XM despite the poor sound quality.
Old 03-06-13, 06:55 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

We apologize for your experience with our customer service. Could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can help get your radio on working properly.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by GRAYM
OK...I just need to rant about the crappy customer service at XM. we just bought our RX last month. Called them to put it in our name and get the 3 months service free....in addition I had them go ahead and set me up with out subscription so we don't have any service interruption and so I don't have to call those idiots one more time.....well needless to say I am on my 4th call. We have the weather subscription as well and that keeps turning off. Each time I call them back its the same story, well your lexus does not have that option....go figure it did work and it's on the screen. Just how stupid do they think we are. Then I get this escalated to a supervisor....wow second in command idiot. Now it's going to their IT department.....get real what does IT department have to do with this. any other time they just send the signal to the reciever. It worked before. If these guys didn't have the corner on the market I'd be somewhere else fast.

Anyone else with XM or Sirius stories??
Old 03-06-13, 06:57 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

If you have any questions about promotions, and subscriptions, feel free to send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can discuss this in more detail.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by dctex99
They seem very hard to deal with; if you are on facebook I recommmend "liking" them and putting your comments on. Mine was just shut off because I could not come to terms with them other than full price of $178....they said on FB that there are NO promotions for Lexus at the moment!
If you aren't on FB you haven;t missed too much; alot of jealous Toyota owners on there if you mention Lexus...lol

Quick Reply: Bad experience with SiriusXM