Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bad experience with SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-13, 06:59 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

We apologize for your experience you have has with us. We are in a continuous efforts to improve our customer service.

SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by Fly4u
I was an early adopter of Sirius back in 2003 but grew tired of the VJ's on the music channels.
Years later I purchased an XM kit and subscription for my sister. When the original unit died, they seemed unable to integrate the replacement ESN# into her account. Long story short, I had paid for a yearly sub in advance and tried to cancel to no avail. Their cust serv system is horrendous, replete with false promises and the ultimate pass-the-buck mentality. I will never give them a dime for a substandard product and leach-like mentality.

I use downloaded music media, CD's, and the occasional talk-radio station. For traffic and weather, nothing beats my iPhone!
Old 03-06-13, 07:36 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

If you have any questions, or concerns, feel free to send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we help.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Their customer service is always hit or miss but it isn't that bad now.. EDIT: As long as you don't have to talk to them.. LOL
Old 03-06-13, 07:39 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi Bert-

We're sorry to hear you've had a poor customer service experience with us, please feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help answer any questions, or concerns you may have.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by BertL
I agree that customer service is some of, if not the worst, I've ever experienced. As much as customer service is important to me and a key determination of where I spend my money when I have a choice, I hate to publically admit I have a pay-for contract with Sirius-XM myself. I remain amazed that the Sirius-XM business model continues to be successful, especially their modus operandi of having to wait until your term is up and then say you are canceling, before a significantly better rate is offered -- year after year. Their actions don't reward loyal customers. I really believe this company remains in business because they are the only game available if one wants satellite radio service, since the US allowed one time competitors, Sirius and XM, to merge back in 2008. It is beyond me why it was allowed to happen, but that decision eliminated effectively all competition in the satellite radio market. Our consumer options are now to use traditional AM or FM, an iPod or similar player, CD, or some sort of internet-based streaming service and the different sort of costs and challenges each of those imply. Sirius-XM customer service may occasionally say they care (and even pop into threads here on CL like this), but their continual corporate actions, and my personal experience with them, don't line up with a company that really cares and is trying to please their customers for the long haul. As awful as this sounds, even though they would never publicly admit to it, I believe they know they have a monopoly today, and continue to execute the way they do because of it.
Old 03-06-13, 07:41 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

We apologize for this experience you have had and the frustration we may have causes, please send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, if you have any questions, or concerns, and we'd be happy to address them.

Originally Posted by swajames
Sirius XM customer service is indeed some of the worst in the industry. I ended up canceling service on three of my cars in frustration at their inability to handle a simple payment error on their part.
Old 03-06-13, 07:42 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SiriusXM
Hi there-

We apologize for this experience you have had and the frustration we may have causes, please send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, if you have any questions, or concerns, and we'd be happy to address them.

Wouldn't it be easier to just post an apology once or use the multi quote feature instead of 6 times and counting....?
Old 03-06-13, 07:43 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your customer service experience better by sending us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have never been blown away by the service. To be honest I pay for it because I hate the idea of having a feature on the car that doesnt work. I probably listen to satellite radio a few times a year but I dont want to be without the option
Old 03-06-13, 07:45 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi Terry-

We apologize for the experience you had while you were making changes to your accounts, feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, and we'd be more than happy to help answer any questions you may have.

Originally Posted by TerrySmith
I agree, the weather feature is not worth any money. Last week I called to have the ending 3-month trial on the Porsche switched to a normal subscription and while doing that, had the weather feature cancelled on the Lexus.

This call, to active the Porsche and cancel weather in the Lexus, took an hour of my time, BTW.

The traffic coverage is not the best either, but I find it useful around the Bay Area. I got stuck in traffic in the central valley a few months ago and the XM traffic did not cover I-5 out there but Google maps did. Traffic was slow enough that I could pull out my iPad and get the traffic map on it and I prop'ed it up on the console under the Nav display.

The trouble with iPad / iPhone for traffic is they're hard to operate in the car if you're alone so I kept the traffic service on both cars.
Old 03-06-13, 07:53 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 800 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Wouldn't it be easier to just post an apology once or use the multi quote feature instead of 6 times and counting....?
I think that the fact that this is a 2 page thread with the 2nd page being all apologies is rather telling
Old 03-06-13, 07:56 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
I think that the fact that this is a 2 page thread with the 2nd page being all apologies is rather telling
Sirius customer service on the phone is bad and here strange...
Old 03-07-13, 12:03 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 441 Likes on 363 Posts

My experience with Sirius XM was alright until they shut off service for the portable receiver I had in my LS. I'm not even sure why it was turned off considering my mom still has Sirius in her car.

I've heard so many horror stories about the customer service though. That and people say the variety of music they play sucks. I just listen to Shade 45, 90's pop, the metal station, and the Korean Pop station so I can't comment on everything.
Old 03-07-13, 06:37 AM
Fly4u
Banned

Originally Posted by Allen K
Yes, and it is coming from the department of redundancy department!
Old 03-07-13, 10:02 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I am about to cancel my Sirius membership, the prices have almost doubled since I got it. I have been a subscriber to Sirius for several years and have seen pricey rates go up and up and started being charged for a service(internet streaming that I hardly use now) I got for free that I was promised would stay free.

The prices were not supposed to go up after the merger due to monopoly regulations yet that is exactly what happened, they found ways like charging for things you got free and now I am paying almost double the rate. I rarely listen to it and only listen to Stern(which is the most expensive rate) and a few channels so I can't justify what i am being charged. No real option to pay a lower rate to listen to fewer channels. I hear from people who are getting extra charges from Sirius and go through hell trying to get those charges taken care of.

When I called to cancel I was transferred to some guy in Nova Scotia offering me some not so great deals/discounts especially considering what I have read others have got/are getting. After sort of agreeing to one(not now) and giving my card info he said I would be automatically charged a higher rate if I did not call by a certain date to renew it. He would not tell me that rate which I have a feeling would be a big markup then what I am currently paying and he would not even tell me exactly what company he was working for, only that he did not work directly for Sirius. Sounded a little shady. I told him to cancel renewing my subscription, I better not get charges from the information I gave him. Why would I let someone have my bank information that won't even tell me what the actual company they work for? I will call Sirius and see if this is even legit and who exactly these people are that I am being transferred to when I cancel my subscription and offering deals to keep me longer.

Sirius needs to seriously work on things to keep me as a customer.

Last edited by UDel; 03-07-13 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-07-13, 10:52 AM
Fly4u
Banned

Based on my horrific experience as previously posted and the avalanche of similar stories, I will not be subscribing when my 90-day trial expires. No doubt there will be a barrage of offers, but no way in hell will they ever have access to my credit or debit cards.
Old 03-07-13, 07:17 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Never had a problem with Sirius or XM but I pay about 100 a year to listen to XM for my 5 minute commute regular radio is horrible and as more and more stations move to satellite you have no choice, maybe may next renewal I will switch over to pandora and what other internet radio is available
Old 03-07-13, 09:08 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 441 Likes on 363 Posts

Is it possible to get a pre-paid Sirius XM giftcard? Kind of like those pre-paid Xbox Live giftcards.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with SiriusXM