Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lamborghini Veneno leaked (3 made @ $4 million)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 09:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I love it but too bad its going to be a unicorn. None of us will ever see one . With a car running that kind of price its probably going to be a HUGE garage queen. Too bad
Old 03-04-13, 10:44 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He pronounced the name wrong. It's said just how it's spelled. Ve-ne-no.
Old 03-05-13, 09:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

With only 3 of them planned, who believes they will actually sell for the official $4 million price?

Old 03-05-13, 10:52 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

they will get flipped for even more
Old 03-05-13, 01:23 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd rock it like no other, amazing machine
Old 03-05-13, 02:38 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
OR Venom = Veneno
You're right........I'm Mexican-American....I should have gotten that right. I stand corrected, lol
Old 03-05-13, 03:26 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised by the mostly positive response in this thread. I thought that design would get a lot of hate.

I'm normally happy with most sports car designs, even when others hate, but this... it's a liiittle over-the-top for my liking. I know that in a $4.6M car, "over-the-top" is pretty much the name of the game, but this just looks like it's trying too hard. How much of that is remotely functional?
Old 03-05-13, 03:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I'm surprised by the mostly positive response in this thread. I thought that design would get a lot of hate.

I'm normally happy with most sports car designs, even when others hate, but this... it's a liiittle over-the-top for my liking. I know that in a $4.6M car, "over-the-top" is pretty much the name of the game, but this just looks like it's trying too hard. How much of that is remotely functional?
by comparison i like the f70 a lot more for sure
Old 03-05-13, 04:25 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did they run out of bulls to name it after? I thought that was the tradition. Not that I'm complaining, it's better than LaFerrari to me.

Definitely something I would expect from Lambo, it's great that they can produce something outrageously looking. I hope they continue to do so. I was hoping for a more siginificant boost in performance like the LaFerrari and P1, but I understand it's built for exclusiveness. Hopefully Lambo produces a 900hp+ hypercar soon.
Old 03-05-13, 04:51 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Individual
Did they run out of bulls to name it after? I thought that was the tradition. Not that I'm complaining, it's better than LaFerrari to me.

Definitely something I would expect from Lambo, it's great that they can produce something outrageously looking. I hope they continue to do so. I was hoping for a more siginificant boost in performance like the LaFerrari and P1, but I understand it's built for exclusiveness. Hopefully Lambo produces a 900hp+ hypercar soon.
hahaha yea supposedly the name comes from a bull that killed a bull rider in 1918. I LOVE this thing. So much useless detail, but detail nonetheless.

Like they gave the designer a pen, piece of paper, an acid stamp and said, "go to work".
Old 03-05-13, 08:33 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Not really feelin' it. It has somewhat of a nice and sleek design but IMO, there's just too many vents, slits and hard angles.
Old 03-06-13, 07:32 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
hahaha yea supposedly the name comes from a bull that killed a bull rider in 1918. I LOVE this thing. So much useless detail, but detail nonetheless.

Like they gave the designer a pen, piece of paper, an acid stamp and said, "go to work".
Oh ok! Thanks for clarifying that, I thought it was just named poison for the heck of it lol. I just read about the bull from another website. Good stuff.

I was thinking, I don't know where any aftermarket kit vendors will start as far as designing a kit for it, there's nothing else they can add heh.
Old 03-08-13, 08:36 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

2 of the 3 are suppose to come to NYC (what was stated on a lambo/ferrari forum) while the last to the Middle East. Info on one of them coming to NYC.

Who buys a $3.9-million car?

Lamborghini's run of the new Veneno is sold out -- though it made only three. And one of them is coming to Long Island.

It was purchased by Antoine Dominic, principal in Lamborghini Long Island, a Jericho dealership.

The latest in the luxury carmaker's tradition of bespoke cars, the Veneno is the fastest, most powerful Lamborghini ever built. At the Geneva Motor Show, where it was unveiled Monday night, Lamborghini chief executive Stephan Winkelmann made sure to rev the engine as he drove the car onto the stage.

Rest assured, the Veneno, which is named for an infamous fighting bull, sounds like a Lamborghini.

But why build a car for just three people?

"It gives you a high degree of freedom in terms of the design, you can test materials and new technologies, it has a halo effect on the other products," said Winkelmann. "Last but not least, you're fulfilling dreams, at least for a few people."

A carmaker like Lamborghini isn't immune from the travails of the economy, but sales of high-end cars, like many luxury products, have been surprisingly resilient. And a one-off like the Veneno creates a lot of buzz -- or a halo -- for the rest of the brand.

Dominic and another of the buyers -- Kris Singh II, a Floridian who is managing director of investment firm Tequesta Investments -- were in Switzerland to get their first look at the car, having signed the contracts long ago. Both have collections of exotic cars and both said they plan to actually use the car.

Powering the Veneno is a 12-cylinder engine and a 7-speed transmission with five different driving modes. Lamborghini says the Veneno can reach speeds of 220 miles per hour and accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds. The body is carbon-fiber to keep the car as light as possible and allow for that quick acceleration. The shape is angular and muscular, and the car nearly kisses the ground it sits so low.

The customers are thrilled -- though they have yet to actually get behind the wheel. "It's rolling artwork, it's like owning the Mona Lisa," said Singh. "I look forward to driving it."

That can be hard since it turns so many heads, said Dominic, who also operates Rolls-Royce and Bentley dealerships at the Jericho location. He said he plans to take it out at 5 a.m. on a Sunday when he finally gets it.
http://www.newsday.com/business/jeri...hini-1.4756728
Old 03-11-13, 07:52 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be one of the first to say that's just hideous!

That doesn't look like a Lamborghini to me, at all.

It looks closer to a clown car . This thing is way, way, way too overstyled.
Old 03-11-13, 09:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

looks like another drug dealer's car for REALLY bad neighborhoods.
optional automatic weapons and smoke canister launchers.

yeah, i really don't think much of lambos...

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Veneno leaked (3 made @ $4 million)