Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Jaguar XE (priced from $35,895)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-15, 02:40 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Says the XE Is Its Most Configurable Model Ever

Jaguar has released details about the accessories range available for the new XE sedan, which is described as the brand’s most configurable model ever.

The Jaguar XE is available with seven engine derivatives, each allowing three suspension settings and up to 12 wheel options. Add to that the 18 available colors with 24 styling options, more than 40 utility options and a further 17 car care and maintenance items and Jaguar’s claim about the XE starts to make sense.

The XE can be adapted for leisure activities, with accessories including specifically designed roof bars and a folding bike rack. For longer journeys, Jaguar offers an aerodynamically-designed 430-liter Sports Roof Box for carrying clothing and biking accessories. Another useful accessory is the Central Armrest Chiller, which provides cooled stowage for bottled drinks.

For the interior, Jaguar offers practical options to protect belongings, such as the rubberized load floor and Premium Seat Back Stowage for secure storage for documents or tickets. Other accessories include a range of towing systems, a machined aluminum Rechargeable Torch and Dock, a Snow Sock Traction System for use in extreme weather conditions, as well as a range of Child Safety Seats tested specifically for the XE.

Trim accessories for the cabin include Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers and Carbon Fiber Side Power Vents with Gloss Black, produced by Jaguar Special Vehicle Operations. Other features from the styling range include the Luxury Load space Carpet Mat with Jaguar logos, Personalized and Illuminated Sill Tread Plates or the R-Sport-branded Multi-Function Steering Wheel.

All accessories for the Jaguar XE can be ordered with a new car or purchased as an after-sales item and fitted by the dealer.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/jag...figurable.html
Old 03-09-15, 04:09 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar UK Claims Best-in-Class Cost of Ownership for XE

The Jaguar XE has become the self entitled cost-of-ownership king of the premium C-Segment in the UK, thanks to class-leading residual values, Benefit in Kind rates and Vehicles Excise Duty, as well as Jaguar Service Plans.

Jaguar will cover all servicing costs for the XE for five years/50,000 miles and a single payment of £475. There's also a £659 High Mileage Service Plan directed at corporate fleet customers, but which you can get regardless of how you purchased your XE. It will cover your costs for five years/75,000 miles, which Jaguar says, is more than any service plan offered by any of their premium rivals.

Furthermore, Jaguar have also made their Service Plans fully transferable to new owners while covering all repairs and replacement parts that you'd need in order to pass the XE's third, fourth and fifth year MOT (Minister of Transport) tests up to a value of £750. They'll also throw in AdBlue top-ups for the duration of the plan.

"The Jaguar XE's low total cost of ownership is now opening up the brand to new customers and retail order books are filling up quickly" said Andy Goss, Jaguar LR Global Sales Director.

We fully agree that this is indeed an unprecedented philosophy for Jaguar and it will surely attract new and younger buyers, who up until now, were used to crave German efficiency, quality and reliability, despite the fact that they still admired Jaguars for the way they looked and drove.

Check out the table below predicting residual values between Jaguar, BMW, Merc and Audi premium saloons in the UK. It's very interesting.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/jag...s-cost-of.html
Old 03-10-15, 12:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

the more I look the more I dig
Old 03-10-15, 05:23 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

the jaguarusa website says coming in 2016, not 2016 model year coming in 2015.... why did they announce it more than a year in advance? This thing is already a year older off the bat
Old 03-10-15, 06:47 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

There's been much discussion about that on some other forums. pretty silly if you ask me
Old 03-12-15, 10:56 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016Jaguar XE Sportbrake rendered ahead of possible launch later this year

Coupe, cabrio, long wheelbase versions possible

The Jaguar XE Sportbrake has been speculatively rendered prior to a probable official introduction in the second half of the year.

Shortly after the Jaguar XE Sedan came out in October 2014 at the Paris Motor Show we heard the car's program director Nick Miller the company is considering a plethora of derivatives, including a wagon which will likely get the Sportbrake moniker. The longer overhang will likely boost the XE's cargo capacity from the sedan's 455 liters to around 500 liters while the styling will likely have a lot in common with the attached render.

Aside from launching a Sportbrake version, Jaguar is also thinking about turning the XE into a convertible and a coupe while a long wheelbase sedan is also being considered. Jaguar has already downplayed the possibility of coming out with a "four-door coupe", but did say all-wheel drive and V8-powered variants are being analyzed.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11503129...ossible-launch
Old 03-19-15, 02:37 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Scoop: Is Jaguar Testing An XE "E" Diesel-Electric Hybrid?

Click here to view more photos

A camouflage-free Jaguar XE featuring a boot badge with the letter "E" and a light blue circle, grabbed the attention of ours spies today.

Our man with the long lens told us that said car was amongst a test group of of Land Rovers, and camouflaged XF and F-Pace prototypes in Spain.

While the lack of visible exhaust pipes and the "E" badge may have you pondering if it's a pure-electric model, that's not the case, as we ran a license plate check and it came out as being powered by a 2.0-liter diesel engine.

Moreover, if it were indeed an EV or even a Plug-in Hybrid tester, it would surely have had a warning sticker for emergency crews in the case of an accident.

That leaves us with two options: a) it's just a regular Jaguar XE diesel or b) it's a prototype diesel-electric hybrid version of the XE sedan. It's worth noting here that we also ran a few license plate checks on existing Range Rover Sport Hybrid models, and they were all listed as powered by a diesel engine alone, so option b) is still on the table.

A hybrid version of the XE would be a welcome addition to the XE range and could use a similar version of the Range Rover Sport Hybrid's 35kW electric motor-generator in place of the torque converter.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/sco...-e-diesel.html
Old 05-12-15, 06:42 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

British brand's compact sedan impresses in final production specification.
Old 06-24-15, 06:09 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

On this episode of Head 2 Head presented by Tire Rack, Jonny Lieberman heads off to Spain’s Basque Country to enjoy the local wines and pintxos, the latter being the Basque take on tapas. He also embarks to find out if the latest challenger to the BMW 3 Series can dethrone the king of the sport sedan segment. Jaguar’s swing at the 335i is called the XE S. It’s all new, made from mostly aluminum, and powered by the same 340 horsepower supercharged V-6 found in the F-Type. Jaguar tried and failed at taking on the 3 Series with the ill-fated X-Type a generation ago. Did they get it right this time? Or will the German sport sedan supremacy continue on full speed ahead? Watch and find out!
Old 07-19-15, 09:50 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Great win by the Jag

Lieberman: "this is the new standard in the segment"
Old 07-19-15, 07:04 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I was just in Europe, and they were already advertising it on all the electronic billboards going through Rome airport. It is already on sale there, so hopefully they will have the bugs worked out by the time it hits North American shores. From what I've seen, it is on my next car "short list".
Old 07-19-15, 08:11 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I was hoping the LCI 3-series would restore some of my faith in the 3-series, but early reports have indicated this isn't the case. Looks like the Jaguar XE, Lexus IS350, and Cadillac ATS are the dynamic choices in this class. I'm sure the Alfa Romeo Giulia will be in that group as well.

I hope the XE doesn't meet the same slow-selling fate as the Cadillac. It will need good lease deals.
Old 07-20-15, 06:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I was just in Europe, and they were already advertising it on all the electronic billboards going through Rome airport. It is already on sale there, so hopefully they will have the bugs worked out by the time it hits North American shores. From what I've seen, it is on my next car "short list".
Happen to see any in the flesh/on the road while there?

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I was hoping the LCI 3-series would restore some of my faith in the 3-series, but early reports have indicated this isn't the case. Looks like the Jaguar XE, Lexus IS350, and Cadillac ATS are the dynamic choices in this class. I'm sure the Alfa Romeo Giulia will be in that group as well.

I hope the XE doesn't meet the same slow-selling fate as the Cadillac. It will need good lease deals.
That's going to be one fun shootout
Old 09-03-15, 10:15 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Jaguar XE to start at $35,895

AutoBlog Link

As you can see from the headline, the new XE starts at $35,895. That'll score you the base model, the so-called 25t, and its 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. That puts the baby Jag right in the meat of a very competitive segment. It'll be undercut by the Cadillac ATS, BMW 320i, and Acura TLX, but it's a good bit more affordable than the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Infiniti Q50, or Lexus IS. If you like your fuel extra smelly and your torque to be offered by the bucket-full (diesel), be prepared to shell out $37,395. The 340-horsepower, 3.0-liter, supercharged-V6-powered XE 35t will require at least $42,695.
Old 09-03-15, 12:40 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
AutoBlog Link

As you can see from the headline, the new XE starts at $35,895. That'll score you the base model, the so-called 25t, and its 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. That puts the baby Jag right in the meat of a very competitive segment. It'll be undercut by the Cadillac ATS, BMW 320i, and Acura TLX, but it's a good bit more affordable than the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Infiniti Q50, or Lexus IS. If you like your fuel extra smelly and your torque to be offered by the bucket-full (diesel), be prepared to shell out $37,395. The 340-horsepower, 3.0-liter, supercharged-V6-powered XE 35t will require at least $42,695.
Looks looks like a phenomenal deal. This undercuts the 340i by $4,000 on base price, has a better suspension, handling is better even though it weights 100 lbs more, the same transmission but better programming, a better warranty (5/60), and better included maintenance (also 5/60).

This might pressure the 340 / S4 / C450 to drop base price some amount.

Quick Reply: 2016 Jaguar XE (priced from $35,895)