Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sewell Lexus Starting VIP Club!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-13, 07:03 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sewell Lexus Starting VIP Club!?!

Talked to a representative from Sewell Lexus the other day and they said they are exploring the idea of staring a VIP type discount in addition to our Club Lexus discount for their high dollar volume regular customers. For any one who doesn't already use Sewell for their OEM parts they are a GREAT dealer and will treat your order with the same attention whether you place a $2 order or $10,000. Great customer service, communication and with all of my orders they have NEVER given me the wrong part or left me up in the air on the status of an order. Chime in if you have any comments on the possibility of such a discount.

Last edited by dogwisper; 02-13-13 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 02-14-13, 08:57 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If they can beat Pembroke and Champion I'd be all about it - but right now it's one of those 2 companies that gets my orders if I specifically need a Lexus part (as opposed to Toyota).
Old 02-14-13, 10:36 AM
dogwisper
Driver

Johnny, Sewell is one of our sponsors in addition to Carson Toyota/Trademotion. First example I could think of is a Starter a very common part we need. Part #281005002084. Pembroke price $172.90 Sewell Club Lexus price $168.74. Make sure you sign into their sight and you need your Club Lexus user name and you will see retail and Club Lexus price. They both have very competitive prices but the service and the fact that you will actually get the right part, their communication and professionalism count for something too. Some of the online parts dealers let you order a part that is out of stock permanently and pay for it etc. until they tell you they can't get it. Another part we need often is the front lower control arm. At Carson Toyota you can get the Supra lower control arm which is a direct replacement for $264!!! You can't beat that anywhere. In many cases these two dealers charge 50% off the retail price you would pay at the local dealership so that just means we buy twice as many parts! Check them out.
Old 02-14-13, 11:22 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

parts.com at their regular price beats sewell (i dont have any affiliation with parts.com but i have always recommended them over others) and packages are drop shipped from dealers anyway.

^ part # 281005002084 from parts is $159.07 - not a huge difference, but when you throw tax into the mix for texans it is a nice chunk of change saved.
Old 02-14-13, 12:49 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Perfect example Kohinoor. I recently purchased part # 55445-24020-A2 an ivory ignition trim rim from parts.com because they beat Sewell by a few dollars on the part. Parts.com substituted part # 555445-24020-CO which is a black ignition trim ring for my ivory SC400 interior. I am now stuck with the part which I can return less the non-refundable postage they charged me and my return postage(also non-refundable) for full return of the "few dollars cheaper" part cost. Postage would cost me more then the part though. You can also try to order part # 82219-5001 which is a knock sensor harness from other sights. It is an obsolete part (no longer produced, unavailable nationwide from stock). Amazingly they'll "have it in stock" and will charge you part and postage cost and several days later will email and refund you. Want new OEM floor mats for your ivory SC400? Quick Google search with part #002002493015 and there is a parts dealer out there that will show them in stock even though it's another obsolete item. You get my point. Sewell updates there stock and wouldn't make that insane substitiution and when I went back to them to try to get the trim ring they immediately emailed me to let me know it might take a while but they would find it for me. 1 week later it was at my door from Sewell. This was obviously an inexpensive part but they gave excellent service for literally a few dollars more. I also have no affiliation with any parts dealer including Sewell. That's what I like about this sight is putting a spotlight on the good and bad parts dealers for everyone to see.