Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 Corolla official pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13, 12:09 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by venom21
Jalopnik wrote a preview review last night before the embargo was lifted and absolutely ripped it to shreds. Yes, it was Jalopnik, but not very promising.
Take it with less than a grain of salt.
Old 08-27-13, 01:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Saw the Toyota Corolla today at the dealer. From what I have seen the car is absolute grand slam out of the park hit. This Corolla will do well.

What I noticed was design is first rate, style is well done, features are impressive.

It has a lot of standard features

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 08-27-13 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-27-13, 01:16 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The Corolla looks good in these pics below in the first OP post.The red Corolla pic'd looks bad..
Interesting LED headlamps are on the Corolla.

This is the ASEAN Corolla, with an entirely different exterior to the North American version.
Old 08-28-13, 08:17 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The newest Corolla is pretty darn good looking for its class.
Old 08-28-13, 09:05 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
The newest Corolla is pretty darn good looking for its class.
One sitting on the corner of Vic Park and Steeles you can go check out. Black, dark windows and wheels. Looks stunning.
Old 08-28-13, 09:48 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
One sitting on the corner of Vic Park and Steeles you can go check out. Black, dark windows and wheels. Looks stunning.
A bit far for me living and working downtown. I'm sure I'll one soon enough, they'll be everywhere soon.
Old 08-28-13, 04:27 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We've gotten three in at work today. This thing looks SHARP in person. Definitely a huge step up from the previous model.
Old 08-28-13, 06:32 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Surprised there's no commercials running yet if they are showing up at dealers already. I'm sure they'll be a big launch campaign.

I'll be heading to my local dealer soon to hopefully see it in person.
Old 08-28-13, 07:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Surprised there's no commercials running yet if they are showing up at dealers already. I'm sure they'll be a big launch campaign.

I'll be heading to my local dealer soon to hopefully see it in person.
Not individually yet. iirc a few days ago a Toyota commercial touting driving aids, had a new Corolla, Camry, and.. one more..
Old 08-28-13, 08:21 PM
JessePS

It is nice to see that Toyota cut the price of the Corolla to compete with the VW Jetta.

For some reason while I was looking at the pictures of the new Corolla, I kept thinking about the Dodge Dart.
Old 09-05-13, 11:47 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Very happy that the ECO model is rated 42 MPG highway.

And Toyota's are always under rated so it should do better real world than the Cruze ECO with the same rating. Plus, the Corolla does it with an auto, while the Cruze ECO is manual only.
I'm surprised nobody is talking about how the Corolla is once again the clear class leader in fuel economy.

While the Cruze ECO gets EPA 42 mpg highway, it only gets 28 mpg city.

The Corolla Eco gets 30 mpg city/42 mpg highway. This is irrefutably class-leading. Better than the Cruze Eco. Better than any Civic model, including the HF. Also better than the Ford Focus or any of the Korean compacts.

The only car in the segment that beats the Corolla Eco in fuel economy is the Cruze diesel, and it only beats it in highway economy. The Corolla Eco beats it in city mpg comfortably. So essentially it comes down to a tie between the Corolla Eco and Cruze diesel. Thing is, that's a diesel engine so technically a different class.

Even the Jetta diesel cannot beat the Corolla Eco, as the Jetta diesel has EPA 30 city/42 highway, identical ratings to the Corolla Eco, despite the diesel engine putting the Jetta diesel in a slightly different category.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 09-05-13 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-05-13, 12:02 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ............

I was told dealers are receiving these already???

Anyone purchased one of these yet??

The Corolla evolved video

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 09-05-13 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-04-13, 02:39 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 2014 Toyota Corolla gets marginal IIHS small overlap crash test score

2014 Toyota Corolla gets marginal IIHS small overlap crash test score

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-...photo-1256910/

Toyota may have performed some major surgery on the 2014 Corolla, but that hasn't helped the Japanese automaker overcome tough new crash test procedures. The Corolla, Toyota's bread-and-butter compact sedan, managed only a Marginal score on the new small overlap crash test, which was just added last year.

Despite the low score, the Corolla performed well in the moderate overlap front, side, rollover and rear testing, which was enough to score it a 2013 Top Safety Pick. In testing in August, six of the Corolla's competitors earned the Top Safety Pick + award, for good or acceptable scores across the board.

According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the Corolla's "Marginal" score was down to an "intruding structure," that could cause injuries to the lower left leg. There was also concern that in a collision, the driver's head would move after hitting the air bag, and collide with the A-pillar or dash.

Old 10-04-13, 05:49 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Toyota certainly needs to catch up on this really tough small overlap test. Toyota did have enough advance warning for this Corolla as the IIHS told automakers 3-4 years ago that it would begin this new test so I'm surprised it only managed a marginal. Fortunately, it wasn't a poor rating.

I wonder how much this test affects peoples purchase decision. The Camry received a similar rating (I believe it was marginal), and continues to be the best seller. The 2014 Corolla was the #1 compact in Sept. before the test was revealed. Not sure if we'll notice much drop off going forward. Probably not.
Old 10-04-13, 06:02 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Toyota certainly needs to catch up on this really tough small overlap test. Toyota did have enough advance warning for this Corolla as the IIHS told automakers 3-4 years ago that it would begin this new test so I'm surprised it only managed a marginal. Fortunately, it wasn't a poor rating.

I wonder how much this test affects peoples purchase decision. The Camry received a similar rating (I believe it was marginal), and continues to be the best seller. The 2014 Corolla was the #1 compact in Sept. before the test was revealed. Not sure if we'll notice much drop off going forward. Probably not.
Yeah glad to finally see a non-Poor small overlap rating from a Toyota, a sign that things are being improved. Toyota did have to spend bigger amounts of incentives than ever before on the Camry relative to those of the competition in order to keep it at the top of the ranks, so I'd say it does have some impact in sales. Hopefully they'll crack down the secret to a Good rating before people's perception really catches on.

Quick Reply: 2014 Corolla official pics!