Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 Corolla official pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-13, 03:45 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
^^^

The red looks good.

The car will always be mediocre at best for the U.S. Mind you, this is an international car sold everywhere in almost every nation on Earth. It can be sparse (as in the U.S. version) or it can be tarted-up a bit with luxury goodies (as in Asia and Europe).

It must appeal to a number of tastes, without being too polar in design, performance, and amenities; all the while being cost efficient.

Toyota knows its target market. If people want something else, they've gotta look at something else...
The red car is also a rendering, not a real shot.

The Corolla never got to where it is today in the world, nor in the US by being "mediocre at best for the US".

Don't confuse gimmickry with excellence; mediocrity with refinement; flashiness with quality.

The Corolla's competitors are very flashy, and full of gimmicks, but they all have varied flaws when it comes to long-term quality and durability, as well as refinement and the little details that add up in daily driving.

The Corolla is where it is today in the world, *and* in the US because it excels in fundamental aspects as well as little details, instead of focusing on gimmicks or flashiness.

Originally Posted by spwolf
those are Auris interior pics... Corolla might have exactly the same... upper one is Japanese cheaper spec, lower one is Euro high spec.

Here is full res:

http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2013-auris/14.htm

I have been in it, and it is all right... few pieces look weird, rest looks great. Improvement overall in every way from old Auris/Corolla. Usually Corolla has nicer interior than Auris though so I am not sure if it will be exactly the same.
I knew something was "off" about those pics, so nothing to see here people, move on. Just some Auris interior pics that someone is pretending are Corolla interior pics.

Even though the Auris is a Corolla variant, the Corolla sedan that the US and international markets will get won't have the exact same interior as the Auris, as you said.
Old 04-10-13, 04:00 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
those are Auris interior pics... Corolla might have exactly the same... upper one is Japanese cheaper spec, lower one is Euro high spec.

I have been in it, and it is all right... few pieces look weird, rest looks great. Improvement overall in every way from old Auris/Corolla. Usually Corolla has nicer interior than Auris though so I am not sure if it will be exactly the same.
Thanks for clarifying. I looked at several sources before posting including spy shots of the Corolla that matched these Auris pics. They all said Corolla. Either way, we'll just have to wait a bit for something more official.
Old 04-10-13, 11:30 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO, literally!

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Damnit.. I hate you

Old 04-10-13, 11:32 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
I actually think it looks even better than the concept. Best looking corolla to date, just hope that interior is up to par with all the amenities offered by the competition.
Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Compare to the Furia concept:

Really?

That concept looks pretty damn slick to my eye. I'll wait to pass judgment on the actual Corolla once I see it from more angles.
Old 04-10-13, 12:23 PM
LexFather

yeah i'll wait too..confused here lol

Old 04-10-13, 12:45 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Thanks for clarifying. I looked at several sources before posting including spy shots of the Corolla that matched these Auris pics. They all said Corolla. Either way, we'll just have to wait a bit for something more official.
well, I dont think it will be bad if they put Auris interior... it is nice... but usually they changed it at least a bit.. Japanese Corolla has different interior than Auris - similar, but with some clues off Rav4 interior as well (and chasis is based on Yaris actually).
Old 04-15-13, 05:58 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll wait for the press release before judging. If it looks anything like a smaller Avalon they will have a successful design.
Old 04-16-13, 11:00 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
T

Don't confuse gimmickry with excellence; mediocrity with refinement; flashiness with quality.

The Corolla's competitors are very flashy, and full of gimmicks, but they all have varied flaws when it comes to long-term quality and durability, as well as refinement and the little details that add up in daily driving.
Hogwash. The infotainment in most current Toyota cars is ancient. Having a decent screen, and proper smartphone integration and audio playback abilities is de rigeur, even in the compact segment. A green backlit LCD display is unacceptable if you desire to attract a customer base that doesn't remember betamax.

If the new Corolla does not step it up in the infotainment and powertrain areas, Consumer Reports will tear it new one like the Civic, and the sheeple will look elsewhere.
Old 04-16-13, 01:48 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by mrraider
Hogwash. The infotainment in most current Toyota cars is ancient. Having a decent screen, and proper smartphone integration and audio playback abilities is de rigeur, even in the compact segment. A green backlit LCD display is unacceptable if you desire to attract a customer base that doesn't remember betamax.

If the new Corolla does not step it up in the infotainment and powertrain areas, Consumer Reports will tear it new one like the Civic, and the sheeple will look elsewhere.
what are you talking about at all? Toyota has Display Audio (+Entune), first manufacturer that offers 6.1" system from almost every equipment level.

Its there in 2013 Corolla, on LE and S, included free of charge.
Old 04-17-13, 11:47 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrraider

Yes, what are you talking about?

The infotainment systems in all of the new or refreshed Toyota models are very modern and state-of-the-art.

Infotainment does not make a car. Did you have a bit too much to drink, or have you been buying in to too much Hyundai marketing fluff?
Old 04-18-13, 09:15 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our more or less base 2012 Prius ("II" model) came with standard touchscreen audio, and 2 separate screens of info (charts & graphs & such LOL).

The new Corolla looks great, especially compared to the last couple generations. The tippy-toes version from the mid-2000s was just goofy as hell. And being one of the last holdouts clinging to a 4-spd auto is just lame.
Old 04-18-13, 09:23 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

It looks OK, which is what the Corolla has done all these years. Look OK, drive OK, get decent fuel economy, last forever, nothing more, nothing less.

I'll bet the US version will lose the mirror signals for cost reasons, and maybe get red rear turn signals also to cut cost. I was just venting in that Audi lighting thread how the US still does not require side turn signal repeaters. Cheap and dangerous, simply horrible. The rest of the world has always required it on the side fender, with the mirrors being an acceptable location.

Foglights, parking sensors and power folding mirrors will probably get the axe too. Infotainment screen will probably only be on the top trim.

The only thing the US model will gain is the ugly front amber reflector, probably housed inside the headlamp assembly.

Last edited by superchan7; 04-18-13 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-22-13, 02:41 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Toyota Hybrid Concept Hints at Possible Corolla Hybrid

At the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show, Toyota revealed its Yundong Shuangqing II concept, a hybrid sedan that could preview a possible Corolla hybrid of the near future.

Back at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, Toyota unveiled the Furia Concept, which previewed the future of the Corolla. Now, the brand has unveiled the Yundong Shuangqing II in China, which appears to be a slightly toned down Furia concept sporting a hybrid powertrain under the hood.

If this is indeed a redesigned Furia, Toyota could be considering a Corolla hybrid, which would directly compete with its Prius family. That may not be a major issue however, as the more traditional sedan styling would target a different consumer group. If it does happen, the Corolla hybrid would probably borrow its hybrid powertrain from the Prius c, which produces 99 hp.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...la-hybrid.html
Old 04-22-13, 02:45 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

That thing is bad a**!! Concepts are always so much cooler. Here's a wild idea, stick close to the concept and you'll get a lot more of a following - automakers..
Old 04-22-13, 02:45 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Toyota Concept May Preview Corolla Hybrid Sedan – 2013 Shanghai

Will Toyota offer the next-generation Corolla as a hybrid? That’s the question we’re asking after taking another look at the Toyota Yundong Shuangqing II, a hybrid sedan concept that appears to be a touched-up version of the Furia concept we saw at the 2013 Detroit auto show.

The Toyota Corolla Furia concept in Detroit was merely a design study — something to get consumers interested in the fact that a new Corolla sedan is on the way. The Yundong Shuangqing II seems to be a more subdued version of that concept, but now with a hybrid powertrain (the “II” in the car’s name refers to the two power sources). Both the Furia and Yundong Shuangqing II concepts have sharply defined sheetmetal to separate the front of the car from the side. The two cars’ profiles look identical, from the upward kink of the rear side window to the character line that strikes through the door handles.

The Shanghai concept adds a chrome trim piece between the tweaked taillights and, since it’s a hybrid, does without the Furia’s exhaust outlets that are integrated into the bumper.

If Toyota ever decides to offer a Corolla hybrid in the U.S. — despite the fact that the Prius C and regular Prius cover the price range from about $20,000 to beyond $30,000, it might use the Prius C’s hybrid powertrain. The Prius C produces 99 hp from its 1.5-liter I-4 and electric motor, and we’ve tested a 2012 model accelerating from 0-60 mph in 10.6 seconds. A Toyota Corolla hybrid could attract customers who don’t like the Prius family’s hatchback body style, but may simply cannibalize Prius sales.

What do you think — Should the next-generation Toyota Corolla offer a hybrid variant in the U.S. or should hybrid buyers just consider the Prius family? Tell us what you think in the comments below.
https://wot.motortrend.com/toyota-co...=social7361274

Quick Reply: 2014 Corolla official pics!