Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 Corolla official pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 10:23 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. Both the Corolla and Mazda3 fail to impress in person.
Old 04-16-14, 01:31 PM
LexFather

Really? I have liked every Mazda 3 back to the Protege!

Old 04-16-14, 01:37 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

While my preference is for the Mazda3, There's not a bad one in the bunch between Corolla, Civic, Elantra, Forte, Focus etc. etc. You could buy any of them and have a nice compact car. All about personal preference.
Old 04-16-14, 01:45 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Really? I have liked every Mazda 3 back to the Protege!
my favorite one has been the 2005 Mazdaspeed3. Current one has some issues when looking at the 3/4 view from the rear. I guess when it has the normal wheels/tires. Once they upgrade, it looks good.

Last edited by chikoo; 04-16-14 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-16-14, 03:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

I like new Mazda3... it is decent car seen live... it is not considerably better looking than Corolla though, just sportier. There are pluses to both, Corolla is better as every day car, Mazda is sportier.
Old 04-21-14, 02:31 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Toyota Presents New Corolla and Levin Compact Sedans in Beijing

When we originally spotted the new Corolla partially covered outside the Beijing Auto Show last week, we were under the impression that Toyota would only offer this version in China, but as it turns out, the Japanese carmaker has plans to sell two Corolla sedans.

The first one is the regular Corolla produced by Toyota's join-venture partner in China, FAW, and which is more or less identical to the European-specification version of the car, while the second one, is the more upscale Levin Corolla that combines a unique face with other cues borrowed from both the Euro and North American models, and will be made in partnership with China's GAC.

Speaking to the press at the Beijing Auto Show, Toyota Executive Vice President Yasumori Ihara confirmed the launch of hybrid editions of both models next year.

"The Corolla and Levin models to be unveiled shortly will, from next year, be available as hybrid models with major hybrid components produced in China" he said

This will be the first-time ever that Toyota will make hybrid cars with hybrid components produced outside Japan.

Ihara also expressed his hope that one day, Toyota will sell 2 million vehicles annually in China
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/toy...and-levin.html
Old 04-21-14, 02:43 PM
LexFather

I've been seeing a ton recently and a lot are the SE models.

Old 04-21-14, 04:14 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I find it quite interesting how China is becoming major market... soon enough, they will give out more R&D money for models in China vs rest of the world, simply because they sell most cars there.... I think VW is moving into that direction for sure.
Old 04-24-14, 10:38 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Liking that orange color. IS needs more exciting colors like this
Old 04-24-14, 12:32 PM
LexFather

Like yellow

Old 04-24-14, 03:29 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish the US could have gotten this version instead.

Old 04-24-14, 04:45 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Liking that orange color. IS needs more exciting colors like this
interestingly enough, Lexus head recently said in a interview that while Lexus wont add as many models as germans, that they might grow by adding more options.

This is probably the same as Toyota as well.

I noticed that Aygo has something like 13 customizable car parts that are installed at port - so they can efficiently customize them without waiting for cars from factory (120 days).

Then I noticed that new Yaris in Japan has 17 exterior colors.

It seems to me that they are adjusting TPS/JIT for this in the future...so who knows, maybe we will get to pick our options and cars more efficiently in the future.

Here in Europe, they let you order the way you want basically, with plenty of packages and options, but at the same time, 4 months for factory order is too long... I dont have such patience to wait for the vehicle for so long.
Old 04-24-14, 05:26 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
interestingly enough, Lexus head recently said in a interview that while Lexus wont add as many models as germans, that they might grow by adding more options.

This is probably the same as Toyota as well.

I noticed that Aygo has something like 13 customizable car parts that are installed at port - so they can efficiently customize them without waiting for cars from factory (120 days).

Then I noticed that new Yaris in Japan has 17 exterior colors.

It seems to me that they are adjusting TPS/JIT for this in the future...so who knows, maybe we will get to pick our options and cars more efficiently in the future.

Here in Europe, they let you order the way you want basically, with plenty of packages and options, but at the same time, 4 months for factory order is too long... I dont have such patience to wait for the vehicle for so long.
Thanks for bringing this up spwolf.

Lexus already has it's core line-up but they are expanding it in a way that adds to the brands competitivness in key segments (ie adding RC, NX, LF-LC etc..) while others bastardize their model lines with goofy Gran Turismo's and odd "utility" vehicles, filling every little niche they can and trademarking every moniker that has to do with their model sequences.

I'll admit if it's little cost to them who already have the platform and car that it's an easy way to make money, but let's be real is it necessary? Back to Lexus, they don't need to trim the fat because there is no excess really, and adding more options only makes them more enticing than they already are
Old 04-24-14, 06:19 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Yeah I like that orange Levin/Corolla front end grill treatment a lot
Old 04-25-14, 01:20 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
I wish the US could have gotten this version instead.

Agree 100%. This model is cleaner, more modern, and more elegant. I'd happily put one in my driveway.

Quick Reply: 2014 Corolla official pics!