Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Urban SUV concept leaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-15, 06:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Honda Reveals More Details About Geneva-Bound HR-V Crossover

We're going to get our first glimpse of the EU-Spec Honda HR-V crossover at next month's Geneva Motor Show, with UK sales to start this summer.

We already knew what the HR-V looked like after we covered it before and during the LA Auto Show last year, but now Honda has went all out and told us everything we need to know about the EU version. In terms of looks, the car remains pretty much unchanged, having the same solid stance with a dynamic and sporty profile that we tend to like.

As the HR-V will be taking on the likes of Nissan's Juke, Opel Mokka and even the Renault Captur, Honda is stating that their car is the only one offering class-leading interior space with the versatility of an MPV.

The all-new HR-V features a lower profile fuel tank mounted under the front seats in order to free up the underfloor space beneath the rear seats, enabling the use of their 60:40 split Magic Seats - which can adopt several configurations.

The HR-V also offers class leading leg, shoulder and headroom, both in the front as well as the rear, plus 453 liters in the boot with the rear seats in use, and 1026 liters with the seats folded away.

Inside, Honda has used high quality soft-touch surfaces along with brushed chrome highlights providing what they claim will be a more premium ambiance. We're certainly impressed with the way the center console looks.

The all-new HR-V also comes equipped with a 7" Honda Connect touchscreen - which you get as standard on the Sport and Executive versions, or a smaller 5" screen for the entry level models. The OS runs Android 4.0.4 and employs the intuitive 'pinch, swipe and tap' of your everyday smartphone.

Using Honda Connect you also get easy access to internet-based services, including web browsing, real-time traffic, news and weather, social media and internet music stations. This is actually pretty good for this segment.

The HR-V also comes with plenty of safety features such as Intelligent Speed Assist, City Brake Active Assist, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Traffic Sign Recognition System and High-beam Support System. This is somewhat similar to what you'd get in the larger, more popular Nissan Qashqai.

Performance wise, the HR-V will be available in the UK with front-wheel drive only as well as with a choice of efficient 130 PS 1.5 liter i-VTEC petrol and 120 PS 1.6 i-DTEC diesel engines. You can configure both versions with either a six-speed manual or a CVT automatic (with paddle-shift on some versions).

Both engines are part of Honda's Earth Dreams Technology series (we know, silly name) and both are Euro 6 compliant.

We think this looks like a pretty solid buy for people who are looking into the small crossover segment. It has the looks, the tech as well as the practicality.

Pricing is expected to be announced in Geneva.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/hon...ut-geneva.html

Old 02-18-15, 08:40 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

congrats to Honda on superb design of European HR-V... it looks great and premium, both inside and out.
Finally great design from Honda.

I hope it manages to increase their European sales... they have fallen behind Mitsubishi in Europe last month. Honda is selling cars at premium prices in Europe, hence the sales... their Civic and CRV are good cars, but priced 15% more than competition. Hopefully HR-V is not priced too crazy.
Old 02-18-15, 08:59 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm really liking the HVAC controls. It looks clean. It's a refreshing look compared to the traditional 30+ buttons on typical Hondas.
Old 02-18-15, 09:56 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Some nice looking finishes near the shifter
Old 02-18-15, 10:41 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Some nice looking finishes near the shifter
it is better than some Acura's... which is great.. look at the boot or top of the dash, or doors in high res pics... 70% of the door gets covered by leather. Boot sides are covered by fabric.
Also new infotainment system looks good, like carplay.

Now look at new Hyundai Tucson. It is actually one class higher vehicle that looks one class below.

Now it all depends on the pricing. French small/B SUV's start at €20k max (you can find base for €15k), so lets hope this is not €30k when equipped with diesel. I have a feeling that top end version with LED headlights and diesel will be priced just a notch less than CRV.. lets hope it does not happen.

Old 02-18-15, 11:29 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can the passenger vent be any longer? that's a lot of air. lol
Old 02-18-15, 11:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

has winner written all over it.
Old 02-18-15, 11:41 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like this car but those taillights are terrible...
Old 02-18-15, 12:03 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
if the wheels make production, burn it on site.

I dunno, underway they look like little spinning legs and feet . . .

Old 02-18-15, 01:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TLe2006
can the passenger vent be any longer? that's a lot of air. lol
this is new Honda design item which i dont get really... who wants all that air blowing into them? I always make it blow away from me, which might be hard to do when vents are that long.
Old 02-18-15, 01:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Honda trademarks 'CDX' nameplate

Honda has filed a trademark to protect the name “CDX.”

Filed on February 11 with the US Patent and trademark office, the trademark covers “automobiles and their structural parts.” The most likely candidate to adopt the CDX nameplate is a small Acura crossover, as it would follow the naming structure of the larger RDX and MDX.

It was recently revealed that Acura is studying the feasibility of selling a small Honda HR-V (pictured above) based crossover and it seems like the brand has already chosen a name for the small vehicle. Bringing a new crossover into the lineup makes sense for the brand, which sold nearly double the amount of crossover than cars last year.

If built, the Acura CDX would compete directly with the Buick Encore which has posted impressive sales numbers since its launch.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...nameplate.html
Old 02-18-15, 01:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
if the wheels make production, burn it on site.
You want to burn the GTI, too?.....it's a very well-respected pocket-rocket, with more or less the same wheels.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-18-15 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-19-15, 04:29 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

VW recently started the long dash vent (new Passat), now it looks like Honda is going with it. It remains to be seen whether it blows air out like all the other vents or is just a fresh air vent. I believe I read, at least with VW, it doesn't put out the same volume as the other vents. Regardless, it looks tacky. Mechanical appliance items should be visually downplayed and not exaggerated. This is the same reason I dislike round, retro vents on Audi and Mercedes... they stand out too much.
Overall, the interior on this SUV looks fantastic. It's modern, clean, and stylish. Everything appears to be in the right spot and easy to navigate. I applaud Honda for their effort here and hope to see some of these styling trends trickle into other models. The console between the front seats look especially nice, like something out of much more expensive vehicles. It's like Honda "woke up" here.
Old 02-19-15, 08:48 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
I'm really liking the HVAC controls. It looks clean. It's a refreshing look compared to the traditional 30+ buttons on typical Hondas.
If that is a touchscreen then I am not a fan, looks nice but I can't stand touchscreens in cars. Give me simple nice quality buttons and switches.
Old 02-20-15, 01:55 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I wonder if we are actually going to get that chrome tailpipe tip. Honda and Acura have been very stingy with that lately, save for maybe the Accord.

Quick Reply: Honda Urban SUV concept leaks