Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-13, 09:40 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like this better than the convertible concept that was in the movie Transformers.
Old 01-14-13, 10:20 AM
LexFather

I love it inside and out.

Old 01-14-13, 10:49 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I love it inside and out.
The interior is definitely an improvement....BUT....for all of those people saying it looks like an exotic....it's not even close.

We get several Detroit TV stations and watched a few reports of this release on the news last night. There were several camera shots from inside the vehicle that were not glossy, touched up pics like we are seeing here.It looked better, but there were still some areas that appeared to be of lower quality materials.

And to compare it to exotics is laughable. This car will be an incredible performance value, but the tactile sensations will not come close to an exotic due to the materials used.

I'll wait and see how much better the interior is once actual production starts.

I am impressed and look forward to driving one.
Old 01-14-13, 10:53 AM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES

And to compare it to exotics is laughable. This car will be an incredible performance value, but the tactile sensations will not come close to an exotic due to the materials used.
Does it cost like an exotic? There you go. Comparisons are simply for looks, nothing more.
Old 01-14-13, 10:57 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by doublehh03
Does it cost like an exotic? There you go. Comparisons are simply for looks, nothing more.
Not even close. Have you been in a Ferrari or Lambo? Looks are only part of the equation. How the leather feels, the stitching, the comfort/support of the seats, the ergonomics of the layout, etc, etc. are all factors when evaluating interior design.

The Vette is an improvement but to see a glossy marketing photo and to declare it on the level of exotics is pure comedy.
Old 01-14-13, 11:23 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Not even close. Have you been in a Ferrari or Lambo? Looks are only part of the equation. How the leather feels, the stitching, the comfort/support of the seats, the ergonomics of the layout, etc, etc. are all factors when evaluating interior design.

The Vette is an improvement but to see a glossy marketing photo and to declare it on the level of exotics is pure comedy.
Haven't been in a Ferrari or Lambo, but one of my best friends owns an Audi R8 that I've driven many times. The interior is as you described, the seats were ultra comfortable and supportive. Its hard to say whether this Corvette matches up just from the pics, but its definitely much better than the old model. With that said, I've never heard him talk or even think about purchasing an Corvette. He owns an Aston Martin in addition to his R8.
Old 01-14-13, 12:03 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the first car I've lusted for since the MKIV Supra. This thing screams WANT WANT WANT! Get rid of my car for downpayment for a new Z06??? Can't wait to see this thing. What a stunner!
Old 01-14-13, 06:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

exhaust sound... niiiice...

Old 01-14-13, 06:53 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

This new Corvette looks like everything a true sports car should be. I hope they ditched the leaf spring suspension and plastic body panels from the C6.

Lots of Americans under the age of 50 may be scratching their heads, wondering why General Motors Co. has bothered to create the seventh generation of its iconic Corvette sports car.

In 2012 GM's (GM) Chevrolet division sold exactly 14,132 Corvettes. That equates to about 1.7% of all the Chevrolet cars sold in the U.S. for the year, 0.5% of GM's cars and trucks sold in the U.S. and less than 0.3% of the 4.95 million GM vehicles sold worldwide
http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co.../?iid=HP_River

Of course America needs a new Corvette! The Corvette is a technological marvel that symbolizes the scientific and engineering capabilities of GM and America as a whole. Face it. The Chevy Malibu will always loose to Toyota Camry and Honda Accord but nothing is quite like a Corvette.
Old 01-14-13, 06:58 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

From the pics - not a big fan of exterior or interior........the specs on this car are crazy though.

Viper looks million times better inside and out imo.
Old 01-14-13, 07:00 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint

Honestly this may possibly be the ugliest looking steering wheel i have seen in any new car let alone a sports car in quite sometime!!!!!
Old 01-14-13, 07:35 PM
CallmeDoc
Driver

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Honestly this may possibly be the ugliest looking steering wheel i have seen in any new car let alone a sports car in quite sometime!!!!!
It's meant to look like a Stingray. Cool in idea at least.

I'll wait for the Z06/ZR1 version in a year or two. But I'll be keeping my C6 Vert' regardless.
Old 01-14-13, 07:38 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

I'm hyped for sure... but I'm going to wait until we get final numbers (especially price, weight, and power output) before I let myself fall in love.
Old 01-14-13, 07:38 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

if you give it a better look, interior is very much typical GM with fresh coat of paint. there are few closeup pics. It is still a very nice car, but it is hard to imagine that people will enjoy interior (as supposed to get used to it), unless they are GM fans.
Old 01-14-13, 07:42 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
if you give it a better look, interior is very much typical GM with fresh coat of paint. there are few closeup pics. It is still a very nice car, but it is hard to imagine that people will enjoy interior (as supposed to get used to it), unless they are GM fans.
For the price point, you have to expect there to be a few sacrifices... You can only get so much car for the money. If it was a Lexus on the inside and a Ferrari on the track, this car would not be ~50-55K.

Anyways, you can't judge that much just from pictures. I agree that some of the materials look like they might feel a bit cheap, but the feature set and the ergonomics look like a major improvement. I could see this being a very livable car, all things considered.

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread