Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-14, 08:30 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new z06 is marketed as "track ready" machine, yet you can get one with out a roof and no roll bar.

How many tracks will let you track a convertible on the w/o an roll bar?
Old 05-01-14, 08:56 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Buy it. You know you want to.

You buy too many cars from Lexus people might start to think you're a dealership.
I almost started a RC F vs Z06 thread.....I love this car so far.

Old 05-02-14, 05:27 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by doge
The new z06 is marketed as "track ready" machine, yet you can get one with out a roof and no roll bar.

How many tracks will let you track a convertible on the w/o an roll bar?
yea this is the dumbest configuration you can get for the Z06. HPDE wont let you on a track without active roll protection. Track ready car you cant take to a track.
Old 05-04-14, 03:25 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Callaway updates tuning kit for Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Power bumped to 620 bhp

Callaway has revised its upgrade program for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.

At the beginning of the year Callaway introduced the SC610 package for the new Corvette and now the kit has been taken one step further by increasing output of the Eaton supercharger-fitted V8 6.2-liter engine to 620 bhp (462 kW) and "at least" 600 lb-ft (812 Nm). Both horsepower and torque figures are not final but will be announced in the weeks to come after testing and validation will be completed.

These power gains were possible by installing a three-element intercooler and tweaking the exhaust system while the engine now protrudes to the hood and according to the tuner this has improved heat transfer.

All these upgrades come with a 3-year / 36,000-mile warranty and are available for 22,995 USD plus the donor car.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11405037...vette-stingray
Old 05-04-14, 04:30 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

^^ good looking Vette, nice power though it's basically a Z06. Nice that Callaway offers 3-Year/36,000 mile warranty.
Old 05-04-14, 07:36 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone seen this thread?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ns-thread.html

70+ pages of issues that a brand new car of any make should never have....hate to be a buzzkill but facts must be stated.

And my opinion? The C7 Z06 looks absolutely killer. Hopefully they iron out the issues with the initial models.
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-20140425_203529.jpg  
Old 05-05-14, 06:16 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

^Thanks for sharing
Old 05-05-14, 06:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2014 Callaway Corvette Makes Debut At National Corvette Museum

The Callaway name is synonymous with special Corvettes, with one only having to look at past creations such as the Callaway C16 Speedster from 2007 for an idea of the types of masterpieces the company can come up with. Callaway has been biding its time ever since the seventh generation of the Corvette made its debut, and now the company has finally presented its first C7-based car, the 2014 Callaway Corvette.

Callaway chose last weekend’s NCM Bash at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky to debut its latest creation. Though we got our first look at the car a couple of months ago, this was the first time it was shown in completed form.

The 2014 Callaway Corvette benefits from Callaway’s third-generation supercharger design, which promises improved airflow and charge air cooling than previous designs. The supercharger features an Eaton Twin Vortices Series (TVS) rotor and an intake manifold whose runner cross-section and length were tuned for a broad torque band. Finally, a new triple-element intercooler configuration provides significantly lower inlet charge air temperatures.

Final numbers are yet to be announced but Callaway says the supercharger should help the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray’s 6.2-liter LT1 V-8 generate approximately 620 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque. That’s almost as much output as the Corvette Z06’s supercharged 6.2-liter LT4 V-8, which Chevy says will deliver at least 625 hp and 635 lb-ft of torque.

But unlike the Z06, which doesn’t go on sale until early next year, the 2014 Callaway Corvette will be available this summer and can be ordered now through authorized dealers. The starting price is $22,995, plus a Corvette Stingray.

Unfortunately, only hardcore Corvette enthusiasts will be able to recognize the Callaway, although for some that may be part of its appeal. Unique elements include the protruding supercharger housing, Callaway's signature double-D exhaust tips, and special badging. Of course, Callaway offers a number of other upgrades for the Corvette Stingray, including a new shooting brake conversion that hopefully we’ll soon see in production form as well.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...orvette-museum
Old 05-05-14, 09:08 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm a member on that forum as well. That thread is no longer moderated well, it was originally created (if you read the 1st post) for strictly owners with issues or lack of understanding the GM reps could help with. Talon90 who created the thread and myself have both resigned as moderators due to disagreements on moderating. That board IMO leans too heavily toward letting anyone post anything (they make money on thread and post counts) rather than keeping the rules. If you were to do a post by post count (with research) since early last Feb on that thread you'd find probably 70+ % of the posts are from lurkers who just want to weigh in, have no problems and/or do not own a C7 so while it sounds staggering with that many pages it's actually very good for a 1st year model run car with all the equipment it has (and all new design) and all the performance offered for its price point.

I was at the bash, below is a 'STAGGERING' image of it's success against it's legitimate competition. Also is a link to some snaps I took during the Bash. https://plus.google.com/photos/11271...48728909128897
Sales chart to date against competition

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Has anyone seen this thread?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ns-thread.html

70+ pages of issues that a brand new car of any make should never have....hate to be a buzzkill but facts must be stated.

And my opinion? The C7 Z06 looks absolutely killer. Hopefully they iron out the issues with the initial models.
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-dsc_0173.jpg  

Last edited by Cruiter; 05-05-14 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-05-14, 09:26 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Jim, thanks, have you had any issues with yours?
Old 05-05-14, 12:17 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Nothing I could call an issue. About three weeks into my ownership, the dealer acquired a flash upgrade to fix the dim DIC (drivers INFO Center), an upgrade for the HVAC, and something else I didn't even know needed an adjustment. Mine was the 1st the dealer handled with the flash. On the last day of the Bash (Saturday) I was at an 0800 owners question and answer seminar with the plant managers, and engineers and exec's from Flint MI. I casually mentioned I'd thought about bringing her in for a drivers door fitment adjustment. The plant manager immediately took me outside to find "Damian" who is in charge of fitment at the plant. I said it wasn't that bad, the car was tight, and the car didn't leak water so I ignored it. He wouldn't have it, got his tools and got to work adjusting the 'striker' on the drivers door. Here's a photo of him at the NCM doing warranty work on my car. Ever hear of another manufacturer doing that ??? I have nothing but awe for their dedication to making sure these cars are 'as right as humanly possible' to be.

I just came back to add a thought. Many of the things people complain about are legitimate, but from what I've seen in the service department where I bought mine the majority of complaints are like mine, just folks trying to think of something when you bring it in for an oil change and all you want to do is wait for it and get back to ripping asphalt. That being said, it is a 1st year production model and has had a few kinks on a very few individual cars. For the vast majority of those such as the ELSD issue early on, it was not a GM design failure or GM quality failure but the failure of a supplier (the ELSD) that sent units not thoroughly checked (prior to shipping to GM) but supposedly ready for the assy line install w/o having to open them up and check them. Those kinds of issues are embarrassing to GM but obviously an early catch and all reasonable efforts made to check all cars from then on for correct parts assy (especially if a sealed up unit like the ELSD). All delivered units were requested to be returned to dealer for a check up.

Also because I have the Z51 option with the high performance exhaust package and am prone to keeping my foot into it (a lot) I'm going to take the precaution of having a catch can mounted by Vengeance Racing (here in Cumming). Not sure what it'll cost but I'll pay it. If I didn't and a seal blew, the warranty would still take care of it, but I'd rather spend a little for prevention. Who wants to look at the empty space in the garage while the sun's shinning and your car's at the dealer having the oil spray removed from every nook & cranny ?
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Jim, thanks, have you had any issues with yours?
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-imag0800.jpg  

Last edited by Cruiter; 05-05-14 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-05-14, 04:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
yea this is the dumbest configuration you can get for the Z06. HPDE wont let you on a track without active roll protection. Track ready car you cant take to a track.
I have heard the same thing but I was at an HPDE event last month that had cars that would kill the new Z06 or at least match it and they were fine with no cage. We have tuned GT3s and worked GTRs on 18s.
Old 05-05-14, 04:23 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Got one of these in at work today. Will post a little write up once I get my turn in it.

3LT with Z51 Package, 7 Speed Manual...
Old 05-05-14, 04:31 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Nice work Callaway.
Old 05-06-14, 10:00 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

USA takes on best of British

When Chevrolet turned up at the gates of Goodwood House with the first 2014 Corvette Stingray to land in the UK, we knew there'd be a ruckus.

Why? Because a pair of the finest front-engined, rear-drive sports machines that England can muster were also lurking in the wings; Aston Martin's thrilling Vantage V12 S, and Jaguar's awesomely potent F-Type V8S.

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread