Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Avalon features first in the world wireless charging via Qi wireless

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-12, 09:08 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
. Seems like the US design team are more forward thinking than the Japan-based designers in Toyota/Lexus
The last generation 2005 Avalon introduced the. 3.5 GR engine, (not a Lexus intro) and a few other first time Toyota/Lexus features. So its only fitting that the Avalon introduces something new.
Old 12-20-12, 09:10 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Avalon is still "the flagship sedan" for Toyota.

I'm pretty sure Lexus will get to reiteration of the technology; perhaps something even better...
Old 12-20-12, 09:14 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Those close up pictures of the avalon looks great-very upscale

Wait, is that a digital version of an analog clock???
Old 12-20-12, 10:32 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
The Avalon is still "the flagship sedan" for Toyota.

I'm pretty sure Lexus will get to reiteration of the technology; perhaps something even better...
What? An ES is going to get figure. 8 headlamps?
Old 12-20-12, 01:26 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Do they export the Avalon to countries outside of United States and Canada? I know they export to the Middle East.

How about other places?
You answered your own question.
Old 12-20-12, 01:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The last generation 2005 Avalon introduced the. 3.5 GR engine, (not a Lexus intro) and a few other first time Toyota/Lexus features. So its only fitting that the Avalon introduces something new.
I must commend you on how hard you work here to insult Lexus in any kind of way.

And the Avalon didn't have direct injection.

There isn't some manual that says "all new tech has to introduced at the top". In many/maybe most cases, yes. In a lot of cases it does not hold true and a less expensive car debuts something before its more expensive brethren.

Lexus introduces tons of firsts, the GS introduced between 5-10 in class or in the world for example and you rarely hear people talk about them. God forbid an Avalon has a tech first, or a GS doesn't have fog lamps and the world is ending posts come.

Old 12-20-12, 02:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I must commend you on how hard you work here to insult Lexus in any kind of way.

And the Avalon didn't have direct injection.

There isn't some manual that says "all new tech has to introduced at the top". In many/maybe most cases, yes. In a lot of cases it does not hold true and a less expensive car debuts something before its more expensive brethren.

Lexus introduces tons of firsts, the GS introduced between 5-10 in class or in the world for example and you rarely hear people talk about them. God forbid an Avalon has a tech first, or a GS doesn't have fog lamps and the world is ending posts come.
I am sorry, I was not trying to insult at all. It just seems that some on this board don't want to admit that Toyota can introduce tech on a Toyota car.

My apologies.
Old 12-20-12, 03:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I do agree with this however when it comes to more costlier parts, the rule of thumb in the past was that they would debut on a Lexus first, and then trickle down to Toyota models. I assume it was easier in the past to pass on the cost to the Lexus buyer than the Toyota buyer.

But more recently, it appears that almost every product needs some sort of selling feature just to get the press talking. Do you agree?
Old 12-20-12, 06:05 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
You can get receiver and install it in the phone by yourself without getting the sleeve, but it's not worth it IMO. Better get WP8 or new JellyBeans/Key Lime Pie for this feature.
I understand that, but am surprised that they didn't demonstrate with a native Qi device like Lumia 920 or Nexus 4 instead...weird.