Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Range Rover Sport Girls' Car???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-12, 11:10 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrage
I believe the F Sport trim package was designed to increase male interest in the RX model line.
There's truth behind this... I didn't care for the RX until I saw the commercials for the RX F Sport....
Old 12-14-12, 11:14 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
There's truth behind this... I didn't care for the RX until I saw the commercials for the RX F Sport....
One huge dissapointment on the RX F-Sport other than no HP increase is the lack of a "sport" mode. The Hybrid has one
Old 12-14-12, 03:44 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

RR Sport is less of a girl's car than an RX.

But at 16 years old, I would want neither the RR nor RX. Since you have the choice, pick a fun car and really learn how to drive!
Old 12-14-12, 03:48 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1

But at 16 years old, I would want neither the RR nor RX. Since you have the choice, pick a fun car and really learn how to drive!
Good point, usually a kid want a sports car.............only old folks want a SUV.

To OP, get an AMG C63 Black Series, that's a good kid's car to start out with and matches your GF's ride too.
Old 12-14-12, 04:22 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BNR34
Good point, usually a kid want a sports car.............only old folks want a SUV.

To OP, get an AMG C63 Black Series, that's a good kid's car to start out with and matches your GF's ride too.
More like an FRS. Let him learn how to drive first. He can watch his friends crash their fast, expensive cars.

Last edited by pvmike1; 12-14-12 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-14-12, 04:48 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMG + 16 YO (no matter how responsible) = Asking for trouble

BNR34..I think you're being sarcastic (can never tell), but my equation above still applies.
Old 12-14-12, 05:41 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

C63 Black? no way.

OP, get a SLS AMG Black. can never get a car inferior than that of a gf's. Just doesnt work that way when you are 16.
Old 12-14-12, 05:50 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Outrage
I believe the F Sport trim package was designed to increase male interest in the RX model line.
The F Sport package does give it a more manly look. Nothing is more manly than an Escalade on 24"s though.

Last edited by Kira X; 12-14-12 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-14-12, 08:34 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Diemellz
this day in age, i see more females in SUV then males "RX, GX, LX, GLK, ML, GL, Cayannes, Q7, X3, X5, RR" but i dont think RRS is a female ride, females just love the badge and status of RR
of course more women are seen driving them, the guy is at work making the money to pay it off
Old 12-14-12, 09:17 PM
Squirrelz
Pole Position

More like an FRS. Let him learn how to drive first. He can watch his friends crash their fast, expensive cars.
+1 on this one. FRS would be a great car at 16. Power that you can actually modulate without worrying about ending up in a ditch like his GF's E63.
Old 12-14-12, 09:32 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

this day in age, i see more females in SUV then males "RX, GX, LX, GLK, ML, GL, Cayannes, Q7, X3, X5, RR" but i dont think RRS is a female ride, females just love the badge and status of RR
The LX is the most masculine and sexiest car EVER built.
Old 12-14-12, 09:36 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
RR Sport is not really seen as a girls car. Sure women drive it but its rather tough and masculine. I think it's fantastic.
I think so too...

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
a lot of females and soccer moms around my area have range rover sports..actually to think of it, my friends sister has a black sport and my friends girlfriend has a black RR as well. but think about it, girls usually likes what looks good exterior wise, so it has to be something decent looking for it to be a girls car, lol
LOL, trust me there are way to many trophy wives in my neighborhood that are driving regular RR's and a Escaldes...

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I see lots of females and males driving both the full-size RRs and the sports. They're both awesome. I'd say your RX is definitely feminine just due to the color. Nothing wrong with that though!
I see where your coming from, it was my moms. Hey takes form A to B, some people don't even bicycle to take to work or school...

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
All fine and dandy but who the **** owns an RX and contemplates a RR Sport at 16? And which 16 year old's girlfriend (probably also <16) drives an E63?
Chill man, I earned it by hitting the books hard and getting at 4.5 GPA, and managing one of my dads local offices... No she isn't 16 I like cougars she is 61, sike! she's 17(4 months older than me)...

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
You and your GF must be loaded
I won't comment on my family's financial status, but GF's dad is loaded. He could probably stop making money right now and still carry on a lavish lifestyle for the rest of his life and still have money leftover for his heirs and heiresses to take...

Originally Posted by mmarshall
IMO, you need to find some friends (and a girl-friend) who don't talk a bunch of nonsense....because that is mostly what they are feeding you. With the possible exception of a yellow or pink 1998-2012 Beetle (less-so on the new 2013), there probably is no such thing as a "Girl's Car". My advice is forget about male/female stereotypes, buy and drive what you like, what you or your parents can afford (consider also what insurance will run at your young age), and/or a vehicle that won't cause friction between you and your parents (legally, they are still responsible for you until you are 18).

As far as your girlfriend driving an E63 that new, she must have rich parents. That is a lot of car for a person that young (assuming she's close to your age). And, with almost any AMG Mercedes, if one is not careful with the right foot, their power-level can quickly get one in trouble.
He has been my best friend since kindergarden and I have 4 years invested in my relationship with my GF so its highly unlikely I wouldn't see us breaking up over her calling my choice feminine... Plus she drives in like grandma mode, I had to show her the potential of it...

Thanks man, but I want that extra space for something, you what I mean...

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
16? wow, lucky!!
RRS is nice - i don't consider it 'feminine'. now a vw beetle... um, no.
Thanks man!

There are 16 year old kids that got exotic cars as birthday gift, get over it.

And yes I think Range Rovers in general are girly because chicks dig them. Who cares about their image as long as you like it? I hope you got tons of cash laying around to fix it though.

Post a hot picture of your girlfriend.
Thanks for the support! I don't think she would appreciate me posting pictures of her...

Originally Posted by Kira X
I see mostly men driving Range Rovers. Mist guys around my area put wheels on them too.

It's pretty manly to me. The RX is girly though. I still see a lot of guys driving them.
Yep, I would put some decent looking rims on it like these...

Not these...

True(2 Chainz voice)...

I get to drive it every now and then, plus I wan the extra space know what I mean...

I would actually buy a C350 coupe or something...

Originally Posted by r00kie
AMG + 16 YO (no matter how responsible) = Asking for trouble

BNR34..I think you're being sarcastic (can never tell), but my equation above still applies.
She drive liKE a Grandma, she manages to get 19 MPG combined, rather than the posted 15 for combined driving...

Originally Posted by STIG
C63 Black? no way.

OP, get a SLS AMG Black. can never get a car inferior than that of a gf's. Just doesnt work that way when you are 16.
LOL thats what I thought...

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
of course more women are seen driving them, the guy is at work making the money to pay it off
LOL, the story of my mom and dad...

Last edited by MjThind; 12-15-12 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-14-12, 09:37 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just keep listening to your friends and everyone else around you; they will ALWAYS know what is best... You like what you like, at the end of the day you're the only person that needs to be happy with what you drive.

For those in many states outside of CA, seeing teenagers drive high-end cars like this may seem absurd BUT it's a reality.
Old 12-14-12, 10:40 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least you seem to realize that you should try and earn what you have been blessed with.
Old 12-15-12, 08:16 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirrelz
+1 on this one. FRS would be a great car at 16. Power that you can actually modulate without worrying about ending up in a ditch like his GF's E63.
If the ECU gets cracked, I'll pick one up and turbocharge the $#i+ out of it...

Originally Posted by LovezLexus
The LX is the most masculine and sexiest car EVER built.
LOL, my dads considering trading in for the '13...

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
Just keep listening to your friends and everyone else around you; they will ALWAYS know what is best... You like what you like, at the end of the day you're the only person that needs to be happy with what you drive.

For those in many states outside of CA, seeing teenagers drive high-end cars like this may seem absurd BUT it's a reality.
I know right, only place similar I have seen to Cali is Manhattan...

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
At least you seem to realize that you should try and earn what you have been blessed with.
Yea my dad always told me not to take everything I have for granted...

Quick Reply: Range Rover Sport Girls' Car???