Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes Benz releases its first Japanese anime video - for the next-gen A-class

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-12, 12:44 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mercedes Benz releases its first Japanese anime video - for the next-gen A-class

Was just checking out the Mercedes Benz official facebook page a while ago when this was posted:

Wow, so it's a joint production between Mercedes Benz Japan and Production I.G. (one of the top Japanese animation studios....and are best known for hit titles like the "Ghost in the Shell" franchise, the "Evangelion" series, the "Blood" franchise......as well as being responsible for creating the animated segment in the Hollywood film Kill Bill Volume 1)

Apparently, here is how Mercedes Benz describes the story.

In the not so distant future.
To cope with the traffic jams and verticalization due to the Increased population, the city of Tokyo was reconstructed under the theme of "city sharing" in which people share the [urban] space by transforming the roads and city structure by time of the day. A woman named Nico [voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro] is walking in the city.

She is having her long-awaited day off; however, she does not know what to do and who to hang out with. She hopes an exciting thing suddenly happens—

Then, a truck passed right before her eyes. The loud music and flashy decoration of the vehicle reminded Nico the car "it" that everyone's talking about on the Internet. As soon as Nico saw it, she ran after it, then ran into Gatsu [Kenjiro Tsuda] and Makito [Kenichi Suzumura]. Nico get in the latest A-Class and they chase after the truck driving through the city that is changing its form rapidly.

See if they catch up with the legendary truck and reveal the true identity of "it."
And here's some other bits of information which also contains info regarding the production and staff involved.

Mizuho Nishikubo (Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai, Zillion) directed the anime with animator Kazuchika Kise (Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Blood+). Daishiro Tanimura (Kuroko's Basketball, Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san) wrote the script. Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Evangelion, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children) designed the characters, and Kenji Kawai (Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Gantz, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) scored the music.

A trailer for the anime is running as a commercial on television and in theaters along with Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (Evangelion Shin Gekijō-ban Q Quickening). During the Fuji Sprint Cup 2012 race from Friday to Sunday, an SLS AMG GT3 car will be wrapped with the "Next A-Class" art. After the six-minute anime short, I.G and Mercedes-Benz are planning to continue the collaboration in December and beyond.
The 6 minute long video can be found here:

Personally, as an anime fan, I think it's really awesome that Mercedes Benz has done this and since its their first attempt to do something like, I can say that it really is attention grabbing and definitely unique.

Indeed
Really neat and interesting imho =)

Sources:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...h-english-subs
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/NEXTAClass
https://www.facebook.com/MercedesBenz
https://www.facebook.com/mercedesbenz.jp
Old 11-16-12, 01:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

We haven't even got the latest A class in the states and their already on a new one lol. I like it though. AMG guise please
Old 11-16-12, 03:33 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, thanks for posting. I, too, enjoyed it as an anime fan.
Old 11-16-12, 10:22 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm almost 30 and still watch anime, cool lil vid!
Old 11-17-12, 02:00 AM
james067
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool...i love this anime show
Old 11-17-12, 01:21 PM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

you could switch drivers in the new A class
Old 11-19-12, 10:30 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nico
Full name: Kuniko Kai

Anyways
More pictures of Nico-chan =)

ニコ-ちゃん, ホントは大好き ^.^
Nico chan, honto wa dai su ki ^.^
Old 11-20-12, 10:56 AM
Haitwun
Pole Position

A bowl of tonkatsu ramen sounds pretty good right about now
Old 11-21-12, 03:18 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

The new A classes are all over Stuttgart now. They look really good, especially in AMG trim.