Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

new Maserati Quattroporte

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-12, 05:05 AM
LexFather

Love curret model. Love this model!!

Old 11-08-12, 09:44 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan of this. At all .

It's like they tried to combine a very aggressive coupe front end with a bland Infiniti M body and rear end to create an incoherent mess.

I was never a huge fan of the previous model, but it definitely looks better than this thing. The previous model looks more unique, and has more elegance, class, and sex appeal than this.
Old 11-08-12, 10:38 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

is it just me or this QP resembles a m37/m56? not in a good way too....
Old 11-09-12, 02:29 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm............this is interesting.

In all the car websites of automobile forums I've visited (i.e. Worldcarfans, CarSpyShots, Bimmerpost, MBWorld, Temple of VTEC, etc etc.), the reaction to this new generation QuattroPorte has been BOTH positive and negative.

I've seen different reactions going as far as saying that "it's more refined than the previous generation" to responses from the opposite end of the spectrum stating that "it's not as aggressive as the previous model" and even more extreme:

"Chrysler has now infected Maserati with this disease from Detroit (aka 'Detroit Disease')" and saying that "the brand has now become Chryslerati and that's not a good thing"

I've never encountered such mixed, divided and divergent opinions regarding an automobile ever.

Still with that said, in my personal opinion, I think this vehicle still looks nice. If I had money, I would highly consider this vehicle =)

P.S.
Originally Posted by Aron9000
I also spot a headlight switch off a Dodge minivan in that interior.
Hmm.....good point

It's NOT JUST THAT though:
The Start Stop Button is also from the Chrysler group. (i.e. anyone who has a 300C or a Town & Country or even the new Dodge Durango can verify this)
Old 11-09-12, 09:31 AM
LexFather

^^ Maserati doesn't care, people on the internet are not buying this. It sure isn't ugly so I am sure the Maser client will be happy to purchase this.

Masers translate great in person as well. Imagine this lowered with larger wheels in a color not beige. Going to be impressive!

Old 11-09-12, 09:42 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blueprint
^^ Maserati doesn't care, people on the internet are not buying this. It sure isn't ugly so I am sure the Maser client will be happy to purchase this.

Masers translate great in person as well. Imagine this lowered with larger wheels in a color not beige. Going to be impressive!
Yeah I guess you're right.

Even amidst the debates and diverging opinions that people out there have on the new model, I still *personally* feel that this new QuattroPorte is definitely something indeed. In short, I too believe that Maserati has not become dull and like a precious jewel, it still sparkles.

As controversial as this new gen model may become, it for me doesn't change the fact that:
Cars made by Maserati = (Italian-built) Metal Sculptures on Wheels
Old 11-09-12, 01:49 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I've always been a maserati person, ever since i saw a 1964 silver one . Even the boxy one in Rocky and the Godfather III Iliked, but maybe i'm just crazy
Old 11-09-12, 02:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

looks like they had the LS crew do this one to. To little change for me and still way to conservative. I would have expected a bit more. My neighbor has one and we took it to a concert a few months back and it was nice , sounded awesome, and looked great with the 22" wheels he had on it, BUT with any new generation or redesign it should look like a new gen or redesign. This looks the same to me
Old 11-09-12, 02:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint

Like the one in the VOSSEN video
Old 11-12-12, 08:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

This car in black is going to ooze class!
Old 12-04-12, 01:15 PM
Hoovey689

Default 2014 Maserati Quattroporte to get twin-turbo V6

2014 Maserati Quattroporte to get twin-turbo V6

As we wait for the Detroit Auto Show to get our up-close and in-depth look at the redesigned 2014 Maserati Quattroporte, some details are just starting to emerge about the car's powertrain, but nothing is official just yet. Autocar has posted a first drive of the new Quattroporte, finally spilling the beans about what motivates this sporty and luxurious sedan.

We already knew that the 2014 Quattroporte will offer two engines – a V6 and V8 – but what we didn't know is that both engines will get a pair of turbochargers and direct injection. Previously, we speculated that the smaller V6 would be supercharged, but this 3.0-liter V6 will get turbos instead helping it produce an estimated 410 horsepower. As for the larger 3.8-liter V8, this engine is said to produce 530 horsepower (confirming our previous report) to go with 479 pound-feet of torque; performance specs for the V8 include a top speed of 191 miles per hour and a 0-60 mph time of well under five seconds.

All cars will have a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive will be optional allowing for all of the engine power sent to the rear wheel during normal driving and a full 50/50 split between front and rear axles when needed. As we suspected, the 2014 Quattroporte has grown in size to better compete with the Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

With the Detroit Auto Show coming up in about a month, stay tuned as we await official details from Maserati.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/04/2...twin-turbo-v6/
Old 12-04-12, 09:39 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm, I don't know about a v6TT in this car. I mean any v6TT is sweet, but I'm not sure how it will play out in this car. Still assuming the "sex" tones v8 will be the popular choice
Old 12-04-12, 10:41 PM
Hoovey689

^^ A study a few years ago said that a Maserati V8 aroused woman most, and for men iirc it was a Lambo V10. This is several years ago of course
Old 12-04-12, 11:10 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
^^ A study a few years ago said that a Maserati V8 aroused woman most, and for men iirc it was a Lambo V10. This is several years ago of course
Hahaha, that's pretty funny! Call me crazy, but I prefer the Ferrari powered Maser tone to the Lambo v12 + I get to hear it almost everyday since my boss drives one. I guess that makes me feminine
Old 01-02-13, 08:09 PM
Hoovey689

Default 2014 Maserati Quattroporte goes on a night run

2014 Maserati Quattroporte goes on a night run

While it was in development, Maserati rolled out its 2014 Quattroporte for a little testing, but rather than slather the big luxury sedan in gobs of camouflage to protect from it prying eyes, engineers used the cover of darkness to conceal the vehicle's design. Then they made a video about their cleverness and posted it on the Internet. The team spent some time whipping around the Balocco Proving Ground with chief test driver Fabrizio Galvan at the controls to evaluate the sedan's new drivetrain, noise levels and handling in the real world.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/02/2...n-a-night-run/

Quick Reply: new Maserati Quattroporte