Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

new Maserati Quattroporte

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-13, 10:52 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interior is very Lexus like. Very similar shapes and angles on the dash.
Old 01-02-13, 11:02 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the Quattroporte quite a bit, the current one and this one. My wife thinks they are ugly... haha They make some very nice noise that's for sure!
Old 01-03-13, 08:01 PM
LexFather

Damn more turbos and more 400/500 Hp cars

Old 04-12-13, 12:14 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a different color?

Equipped with 21'' "TITANO" wheels

Old 04-12-13, 12:22 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Very sexy and all, but I can't help but think that I'd rather own a CPO version of the previous model for about half the price of the new one. Seriously I think the previous model is better looking, the interior is nicer, and it just excites the driver like no other big saloon car with its amazing handling and exhaust howl.

Just to prove how lousy Maserati's site and dealer network are, I typed in Maserati to google. It took me to Maserati's main site, where it was VERY HARD to select a country off their menu. When I typed in my zip code to locate the nearest Maserati dealer it sent me to Alpherattea GA, yet there is a Maserati dealer in Franklin TN about 20 miles from me.
Old 04-12-13, 04:50 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Very sexy and all, but I can't help but think that I'd rather own a CPO version of the previous model for about half the price of the new one. Seriously I think the previous model is better looking, the interior is nicer, and it just excites the driver like no other big saloon car with its amazing handling and exhaust howl.

Just to prove how lousy Maserati's site and dealer network are, I typed in Maserati to google. It took me to Maserati's main site, where it was VERY HARD to select a country off their menu. When I typed in my zip code to locate the nearest Maserati dealer it sent me to Alpherattea GA, yet there is a Maserati dealer in Franklin TN about 20 miles from me.
Ah I see I see.

Personally, in an overall sense, I prefer the new one (and not just because of the 'newer is always better' mantra). The exterior seems to be a bit more dynamic with the 21 inch "Titano" wheels.

That and the interior looks to be light-years better than the previous model.

Still, I do admit that there is a trade-off with regards to performance figures (i.e. more HP and torque PLUS better 8-speed ZF auto) as against engine exhaust sound. There is always a concern that engine and exhaust sound of the new turbo V6 and twin turbo V8 engines may not be as good as the 4.2 liter and 4.7 liter naturally-aspirated engines of the old model.
Old 04-12-13, 05:40 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

The rear looks too generic for a Maserati, but I am not a fan of the current one either ......
Old 04-12-13, 09:51 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
The rear looks too generic for a Maserati, but I am not a fan of the current one either ......
Ah I see.

Still, I'm kinda puzzled why some people think the Ghilbi is better-designed over the new QuattroPorte?

The Ghilbi is after-all a sort of 'scaled-down' version of the QP (aka a mini-QuattroPorte) so it shouldn't be better NOR worse than the new QP.

Same thing, relatively similar design but different size/dimensions
Old 04-12-13, 02:13 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I'd like to see it in black
Old 04-12-13, 10:47 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I'd like to see it in black
Me too.........and if I were to own one (if ever), I'd like mine in BLACK with Nero black interior with the 21 inch Titano wheels
Old 04-13-13, 12:38 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

The Ghilbi is amazing (no doubt) BUT if I want more 'car' and cost is no concern to me, then I will choose the new Quattroporte over the Ghilbi.

More legroom, more powerful engine, etc. Basically, you get more 'car'

It's like upgrading from "BUSINESS CLASS" -> "FIRST CLASS"

Just my opinion
Old 04-14-13, 12:32 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aron9000
Just to prove how lousy Maserati's site and dealer network are, I typed in Maserati to google. It took me to Maserati's main site, where it was VERY HARD to select a country off their menu. When I typed in my zip code to locate the nearest Maserati dealer it sent me to Alpherattea GA, yet there is a Maserati dealer in Franklin TN about 20 miles from m
The thing that bugs me most about the Maser website is that I cannot "build and price" like I can do on, say, the Lexus website. My curiosity is unsatisfied.

Other than that, Masers have recently been more about class/elegance, whilst their sporty Ferrari brethren are more about, well, sport. So i think this QP isn't too bad.
Old 04-14-13, 01:23 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by trexlexus
The thing that bugs me most about the Maser website is that I cannot "build and price" like I can do on, say, the Lexus website. My curiosity is unsatisfied.

Other than that, Masers have recently been more about class/elegance, whilst their sporty Ferrari brethren are more about, well, sport. So i think this QP isn't too bad.
Lexus website is kind of misleading though cause options are packaged by region. So what you build online you can't really get at the dealer.

BMW and Porsche have great websites as you can customize most everything
Old 04-14-13, 04:53 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gasp... Dangit lol. I had my game plan all set up. And hoovey comes to wreck it.
Old 04-15-13, 12:54 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Ah I see I see.

That and the interior looks to be light-years better than the previous model.
I think you need to see both in person before making such a declaration. Since I so loved the previous Quattroporte, I've read 5 or 6 reviews of the new car. All of the reviews gripe about the interior being a serious downgrade from the previous Quattroporte in terms of fit/finish. The previous car was a lot like a Bentley, in that the wood and leather were all done by hand. Granted the Nav/Radio system sucked, but you did feel like you were in a hand-crafted car.

I've seen pictures, this thing uses the same window switchgear, headlight ****, and nav/infotainment system you find in a VERY nicely equipped $23,000 Dodge Dart. That is utter bull**** IMO and reason enough for me not to buy it.

Quick Reply: new Maserati Quattroporte