Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series "Track Pack"

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-12, 11:13 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I wonder about the ride quality and how it would be as a day to day car.

Or would its ride be too stiff such that it would be good for track days only
Old 10-26-12, 11:33 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Horrific car and I would never touch one. I don't see any swagger or passion here at all, just a plebeian soulless teutonic Mercedes stripped of any and all refinement for parts that have no real world value and a price tag to match.

This is a car you drive once or twice for fun and to show off. As an ownership proposition it is not attractive. It doesn't even look that great to my eyes.
To each his own...
Old 10-26-12, 11:58 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Horrific car and I would never touch one. I don't see any swagger or passion here at all, just a plebeian soulless teutonic Mercedes stripped of any and all refinement for parts that have no real world value and a price tag to match.

This is a car you drive once or twice for fun and to show off. As an ownership proposition it is not attractive. It doesn't even look that great to my eyes.

Soulless is what I would call it too.
Old 11-09-12, 10:31 AM
LexFather

Very harsh words. You are entitled to them but they could not be so wrong. Such is the internet. I drove it in Vegas and people loved the car. Couldn't stop talking and explaining it.

Originally Posted by natnut
I wonder about the ride quality and how it would be as a day to day car.

Or would its ride be too stiff such that it would be good for track days only
Glad you did bring that up. The ride is VERY harsh. Very harsh, think 2008 IS F but worse. You feel every single crack in the road. The high performance Dunlops contribute to this. Honestly day to day its harsh but this is a car that deleted its back seat so you know where its priorities are.

Old 11-12-12, 08:45 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Swagger? Are you even old enough to drive?
Old 11-13-12, 02:19 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gen2IS26
Haha that was a hilarious comment there

Anyways, to each is his/her own. =)
Old 11-13-12, 09:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

please back on topic
Old 11-13-12, 11:25 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jbjones85
minus the wing awesome car.
a huge

Old 11-13-12, 11:32 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Me gusta for sure!! I took a ride in one around the block at my local cars and coffee. The car is like a flying rock!! (if that makes sense lol) I especially loved the interior!!
Old 11-13-12, 01:27 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by adamls2
Me gusta for sure!! I took a ride in one around the block at my local cars and coffee. The car is like a flying rock!! (if that makes sense lol) I especially loved the interior!!
lol good description

Old 11-14-12, 01:38 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

If we all can be so lucky to even drive or own one. The argument that it isn't a practical daily driver or that its only good for blast to drive a few times and that the shininess would wear off.

If the latter is true, call it a prostitute and I'll rent her over and over since I can't afford to own her. LOL
Old 11-14-12, 03:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I can see why Vossen is pimping this,,, A true beauty...
Old 11-14-12, 04:48 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

wow, don't knock it until you drive one, this car is full of passion and soul. It is FAST in a straight line and turn like a Miata, just got 2nd in Motor Trend's best driver's car contest, not to mention it sounds very exotic. It takes a 458 to trump it in the fun and cool factor.

The aggressive styling might not be for everyone, but it looks very cool for the right audience.
Old 11-14-12, 06:20 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gen2IS26
The word "swagger" was used in the original post I was responding to:

Originally Posted by Blueprint
There are certain cars that are a rare mix or specialness that drip and ooze swagger and passion and this one of of them.
Originally Posted by My response
I don't see any swagger or passion here at all
Please stay in context.

I don't care if it drives fast. There is not a line on that car I find attractive or desirable. You can bet the ride quality will suck, and the performance can only be enjoyed on select road surfaces in select locations. At over $100k you get a C-class with a monster engine, tacky body kit, unsightly wheel wells that look like they were glued on to the body in the aftermarket, and cheesy aero parts (like that wing). I don't see the point.

This car has about as much grace as my neighbours riced out Integra. Sure it has a much bigger engine, but the reaction to both is "meh". Put a big engine in a golf cart and it will go fast too. It takes a lot more to be "special".

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 11-14-12 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-15-12, 05:28 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Soulless is what I would call it too.

I know this post was made forever ago, but soulless? A C63?! You have clearly never driven one. There are few cars today that have more of a personality. The C63 is hysterical to drive.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series "Track Pack"