Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Old 01-22-15, 01:58 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gymratter
all i stated that there was a price differences. also i also stated that the Lambo came years after the Audi, so how did the Huracan take the spot light from the R8? maybe you should start making some sense first.

it was the official unveiling video of both cars. when Ford showed off the GT, people where cheering and applauding. rewatch your NSX video. when it drove onto the floor the crowd was dead silence. they only stated to applauded when the speaker announce the name of the Honda official.

right, but none of them are used for everyday supercar track killer
You got it backward. I said Huracan got it light stolen by R8, not the other way around. If you know Lamborghini, They probably mule Huracan Super Trefeo or other variants. Will the new R8 steal Huracan limelight?

NSX will be everyone's dream car all over again, and GT will be forgotten and brought up by domestic or Ford fanatic only just like last generation. You can come back and bump this thread 10 years from now, if Ford GT get more adoring from people than NSX.
Old 01-22-15, 02:30 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

actually your wrong. reports of a new GT has been around for months now. everyone knew it was coming.

are we watching the same video? afterwards yes people stayed to take photos. that is there job... recall when Toyota showed the FTHS concept. it was packed, people were crowed around to take photos. but guess what? they were only doing their jobs. afterward many media source said it was ugly and everyone bashed on it.

during the 2012 unveiling of the NSX concept it was the same reaction from the crowd. no one applauded; the crowd was dead

Rumor not report. Leak only happened about 10 days before Detroit, and show floor leak was less than a week. Anything before that was no more than speculation.
Old 01-22-15, 04:30 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL so much chatter over what other people did at an unveil....

I wonder out of 43 pages how many are people who are actually in a position to buy this car?

The biggest problem I see for Acura is the old NSX was priced beyond the grasp of 90% of consumers when it was $89k, now at $160k+ it will be priced even moreso out of the range of the real car enthusiast. People who really do have the cash for these cars will be really tempted to get a Ferrari or Lambo just because. There will be diehards like myself who would love to have the 1.0 and 2.0 version side by side in the garage but will need to wait till we hear real specs and a chance to at least sit in this beast.

Over on the NSX forum I know maybe a handful of guys who are ready to fork over the money. In reality probably all of them are sold to the elite rich who just want the car for it's "wow" factor since they will be sold at OVER MSRP putting this probably in the price range of 458 territory or at least a Scud.
Old 01-22-15, 05:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

everyone refers the acuras front end as the bird beak.
'Everyone' is overused
Old 01-22-15, 05:43 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
'Everyone' is overused
Someone's on a roll today lol
Old 01-22-15, 06:52 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by s4play
LOL so much chatter over what other people did at an unveil....

I wonder out of 43 pages how many are people who are actually in a position to buy this car?

The biggest problem I see for Acura is the old NSX was priced beyond the grasp of 90% of consumers when it was $89k, now at $160k+ it will be priced even moreso out of the range of the real car enthusiast. People who really do have the cash for these cars will be really tempted to get a Ferrari or Lambo just because. There will be diehards like myself who would love to have the 1.0 and 2.0 version side by side in the garage but will need to wait till we hear real specs and a chance to at least sit in this beast.

Over on the NSX forum I know maybe a handful of guys who are ready to fork over the money. In reality probably all of them are sold to the elite rich who just want the car for it's "wow" factor since they will be sold at OVER MSRP putting this probably in the price range of 458 territory or at least a Scud.
If next Supra turns out to be anything I don't expect it to be, I may pick up a used NSX 2.0. Of course, I would have to sit in one before buying it.
Old 01-23-15, 02:13 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

It is beyond understanding how anyone can call the NSX ugly, overpriced and underperforming. But that is what most think of the LFA anyway.

It is simply sad so called "enthusiasts" can't see beyond a steering wheel and four wheels, a badge and d*ck-contest numbers.
Old 01-23-15, 07:31 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi68
It is beyond understanding how anyone can call the NSX ugly, overpriced and underperforming. But that is what most think of the LFA anyway.

It is simply sad so called "enthusiasts" can't see beyond a steering wheel and four wheels, a badge and d*ck-contest numbers.
There is a difference between car enthusiast that comments on internet and car enthusiast that actually drives different cars and owns a few of them. But then there is a difference between muscle car enthusiast and Ferrari car enthusiast as well. Just like some prefer latest technology over feather weight and vice versa.
Old 01-23-15, 07:57 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vladi
There is a difference between car enthusiast that comments on internet and car enthusiast that actually drives different cars and owns a few of them. But then there is a difference between muscle car enthusiast and Ferrari car enthusiast as well. Just like some prefer latest technology over feather weight and vice versa.
Whatever people prefer, there is no good reason to be close minded if they are real enthusiasts. If a domestic fan can't even respect other makes, do they really expect any respect on their end? I can go to Mustang or Corvette forums all day saying those cars suck, ugly, and money pit, but I don't do so because I have no good reason to.
Old 01-23-15, 08:19 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
Not quite. NSX didn't have its show stolen by Ford GT. It's just like saying Huracan got its show stolen by new R8, which is not true. They are entirely different cars for different people. Did you hear Honda bragging about everyday supercar, killer at the track? I'm sure as h*** Ford GT can't do that.
For staters I was half joking (). I'm not pro NSX or pro GT. I don't plan on getting either one and could care less about the whole NSX vs GT battle. It doesn't matter if a car is in the same class or not; that is not going to stop people from comparing, and maybe even cross shopping between the two. I contribute a lot of news to CL as well as other forums. So naturally I do read a lot of the comments, polls, and feedbacks. So my earlier comment is reflecting a lot of views that I have came across on other blogs, forums, and etc.
Old 01-23-15, 08:29 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
For staters I was half joking (). I'm not pro NSX or pro GT. I don't plan on getting either one and could care less about the whole NSX vs GT battle. It doesn't matter if a car is in the same class or not; that is not going to stop people from comparing, and maybe even cross shopping between the two. I contribute a lot of news to CL as well as other forums. So naturally I do read a lot of the comments, polls, and feedbacks. So my earlier comment is reflecting a lot of views that I have came across on other blogs, forums, and etc.
I love both cars. Knowing what Honda is capable of, I'm really interested in picking up NSX. Maybe a used one a few years down the road. I love GT, it looks beautiful, it has a lot of hp, it should be a very capable car, but I'm not into that hardcore type of cars. I'm under impression that Honda will screw NSX buyers by making a more affordable sport car that can outperform NSX a few years down the road. S2000 runs around circle NSX despite the fact it's a FR.

Last edited by cino; 01-23-15 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-23-15, 08:34 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Knowing what Honda is capable of, I'm really interested in picking up NSX. Maybe a used one a few years down the road. I love GT, it looks beautiful, it has a lot of hp, it should be a very capable car, but I'm not into that hardcore type of cars. I'm under impression that Honda will screw NSX buyers by making a more affordable sport car that can outperform NSX a few years down the road. S2000 runs around circle NSX despite the fact it's a FR.
Nooooo way, I couldn't tell that you are a NSX enthusiast lol

Thats cool man, if you like it that is all it matter. I hope you enjoy it when you get one

For me, NSX or GT? F them both, I'm waiting for a new Supra
Old 01-23-15, 08:45 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UDel
Those pics you posted to me showed even more the FT-1 concept has very little resemblance to the last Supra. I see more Viper, last RX-7, and TVR Sagaris but I still see a nice looking car and hope Toyota builds it but this is the NSX thread.

Don't think the Ford GT took the spot light from the NSX. Both were big deals. The NSX made the huge headlines when the first concept was shown around 2012, 2nd concept was not going to be as big, and the final production version was going to be even less headline making unless something drastically changed because people already knew basically what was coming with the production NSX and what to expect. The Ford GT was more of a surprise, production version is not going to get as big headline/attention either.

Just looking now on CL the NSX thread is 43 pages long so far from the 2012 Auto show for a low volume expensive non Lexus car/brand that has yet to hit the streets or be tested so the interest and spot light was certainly there, NSX comments are 13 pages long since the debut and still at the top of the front page on CL with comments being made recently today. Ford GT is only 8 pages long since debut and is already back to the third page with no comments for 2 days.

Can't wait for the NSX, but just looking forward to the GT from what I have seen and read. The last one fizzled out, had a ton of issues, and was not the legend or success the original GT40 was. The main thing to really look forward to for the GT is if it retains all the styling elements which are kind of overdone and light weight. I think a new GT will likely be priced well over 200K, very low volume, and still won't do anything the NSX can't do or be the reliable, comfortable, highly advanced, daily driver as well as performance car the NSX was engineered to be. We will see.
Thats cool, everyone is entitle to their opinion. Yes, this is the NSX thread. I guess you skipped the part where I said "Back on topic w/ NSX?"

Again, I was half joking (). Wow, talk about getting worked up lol.

CL does not represente views of all the blogs, forums and etc online. I guess I could throw other forums into the mix too. On a local forum look how people voted when asked "NSX or GT?"

GT w/ 82.61% and NSX w/17.39%
http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=694302

When asked do "Do you like the new NSX?" Only 48.15% approve.
http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...=694372&page=4

On SF, 95.31% of voters likes the looks of the new GT. No poll as done on the NSX, but the official NSX thread has tons of negative comments and bashing, so just use your imagination on that one.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ng-Back-the-GT

Point is, to each their own. I love FT-1, but some people think its ugly. Cool, I don't care. They are entitle to their opinion

And yes, I do agreed. Lets all get back on topic with the new NSX.
Old 01-23-15, 08:47 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Nooooo way, I couldn't tell that you are a NSX enthusiast lol

Thats cool man, if you like it that is all it matter. I hope you enjoy it when you get one

For me, NSX or GT? F them both, I'm waiting for a new Supra
Of course. GT-R, NSX and Supra are like my dream cars. I would be happy with either one though getting a Supra mean having some money in my pocket after purchase.
Old 01-23-15, 08:59 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Of course. GT-R, NSX and Supra are like my dream cars. I would be happy with either one though getting a Supra mean having some money in my pocket after purchase.
As we all know I like the old NSX better. I almost bought one, but friends talked me out of it ... GT-R? I think the R35 is fugly So R34 for me. Already have a MKIV, and would love to add FT-1 to the family.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Acura NSX News