Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 12:00 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely love it. Worth the wait.

Old 01-12-15, 12:20 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patiently waiting for a baby NSX.
Old 01-12-15, 12:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Acura is finally on the right track. Just need to "fix" the ILX and RLX , and its 90s era glory days will be back!
Old 01-12-15, 12:30 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Whats the expected price on these????? Prob 100k +

It looks nice and all but why would somebody buy this over a Porsche 911, Audi R8, new MB GT, BMW i8 etc.

This is not 1990 where there were no such thing as reliable supercars.
R8's are not close to being "reliable" if you pay attention to owners sites plus they are extremely expensive to maintain and fix.

Porsche 911 is nowhere as sexy as the NSX nor as special, 350hp base, only competitive 911 power and performance wise will be the 911 turbo/GT2 which are still not as sexy or advanced and will cost as much or more.

BMW i8 has a wheezy 3 cylinder turbo making less then 300hp, total output is less then 400hp where the NSX will be using a 6 cylinder turbo/much more advanced hybrid system with a total output over 550hp, NSX will walk all over a i8.

MB GT is front engined and more of a GT car then a all out sports car like the NSX plus it likely won't perform anywhere near as well.

Last edited by UDel; 01-12-15 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-12-15, 12:38 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
R8's are not close to be "reliable" if you pay attention to owners sites plus they are extremely expensive to maintain and fix.

Porsche 911 is nowhere as sexy as the NSX nor as special, 350hp base, only competitive car power and performance wise will be the 911 turbo/GT2 which are still not as sexy or advanced and will cost as much or more.

BMW i8 has a wheezy 3 cylinder turbo making less then 300hp, total output is less then 400hp where the NSX will be using a 6 cylinder turbo/much more advanced hybrid system with a total output over 550hp, it will walk all over a i8.

MB GT is front engined and more of a GT car then a all out sports car like the GT plus it likely won't perform anywhere near as well.
This just made the LFA seem even more overpriced than before. Yes it prob has more soul and etc but not an extra $200k worth. Its funny how other automakers are putting out Hybrid supercars before Toyota and Lexus. Yes yes we don't know how reliable other hybrid systems are and Toyota should take its time, but still.

P.S. A LFA fan and Lexus owner, so put out your torches please.
Old 01-12-15, 12:41 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by UDel
R8's are not close to be "reliable" if you pay attention to owners sites plus they are extremely expensive to maintain and fix.

Porsche 911 is nowhere as sexy as the NSX nor as special, 350hp base, only competitive car power and performance wise will be the 911 turbo/GT2 which are still not as sexy or advanced and will cost as much or more.

BMW i8 has a wheezy 3 cylinder turbo making less then 300hp, total output is less then 400hp where the NSX will be using a 6 cylinder turbo/much more advanced hybrid system with a total output over 550hp, it will walk all over a i8.

MB GT is front engined and more of a GT car then a all out sports car like the GT plus it likely won't perform anywhere near as well.
The AMG GT is the best performer of the group (the group being current cars for sale), I would hesitate do dismiss is performance cred. Lets not forget Acura hasn't built a sports car in a quarter century, hopefully they managed to knock off some of the rust during development.

Old 01-12-15, 12:46 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Looks better then the concepts, excellent job. They gave it a extra 3 inches in the rear for the longitudinal engine which helps proportions. Can't wait. Can't wait to see it in silver, grey, black.

Looking at some of the comments from people at the show who have seen it in person they say the pictures don't even do it justice how beautiful and exotic looking it is.

Brand new 75deg DOHC tt V6 longitudinally mounted, over 550hp, plus Type R versions in the future. Will be the most advanced, most exotic, highest performing most beautiful Japanese and now American exotic sports car.

Finally some really good news and excitement for Acura

Jerry Seinfeld was in the front row.
Old 01-12-15, 12:47 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by doge
The AMG GT is the best performer of the group (the group being current cars for sale), I would hesitate do dismiss is performance cred. Lets not forget Acura hasn't built a sports car in a quarter century, hopefully they managed to knock off some of the rust during development.

CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - Mercedes AMG GT S - YouTube
They have engineers with F1 chassis and Indy racing experience no? I'm more concerned about their high performance hybrid tech.
Old 01-12-15, 12:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am really looking forward to reading more reviews on this car when available
Old 01-12-15, 12:58 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by situman
They have engineers with F1 chassis and Indy racing experience no? I'm more concerned about their high performance hybrid tech.
Honda hasn't participated in a f1 race in 7 years. Indy is a drivers race not a manufactures race, 1 companies provide the chassis and 2 provide the motors. Honda is a motor supplier. Oh since f1 pedigree is of essence you would be please to know that AMG Petronas dominated in the 2014 season.
Old 01-12-15, 01:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

the exterior details are a bit busy but they're saying it's all for function plus i'm sure it will look less busy in a color other than lipstick red.

the 'numbers' sound awesome and i hope reality is at least as good and the package is cohesive.

the LFA was my fave exotic and i'm still smitten by it, but it's hard to argue that this at less than half the price, could be an even bigger wow.
Old 01-12-15, 01:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cino
Patiently waiting for a baby NSX.
there is a 3 year old thread about this, but what makes you think anything is in the works?

maybe the s600?
Old 01-12-15, 01:25 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why everyone keeps bringing up the LFA. That was like 4 years ago. Things change over time.
Old 01-12-15, 01:50 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doge
Honda hasn't participated in a f1 race in 7 years. Indy is a drivers race not a manufactures race, 1 companies provide the chassis and 2 provide the motors. Honda is a motor supplier. Oh since f1 pedigree is of essence you would be please to know that AMG Petronas dominated in the 2014 season.
F1 has little relation to the road cars. The Mercedes F1 team isn't even German. The funniest part? The facilities and team used to be BAR HONDA before becoming Brawn GP then Mercedes. They just bought an existing team and injected money. Honda has plenty of race experience and tech. HPD, who run in wec and tusc. The Civic world touring cars. The NSX Super GT GT500. GT300 CR-Z etc.
Old 01-12-15, 01:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
I don't know why everyone keeps bringing up the LFA. That was like 4 years ago. Things change over time.
yes things change but the LFA was (and still is) incredible and obviously Lexus hasn't done anything comparable since.

in the same vein i don't know why people compare a gs-f to an e63

but comparisons happen!

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News