Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-14, 06:38 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like engineers are hard at work on perfecting the 2015 Honda NSX, as our European spies caught the second coming of the Japanese supercar being driven hard around the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

From the outside, the camouflaged prototype appears to be pretty similar to the concepts wheeled out in Detroit 2012 and 2013. There are reprofiled front air intakes, new vents behind the front wheels, larger side scoops and a centrally-mounted exhaust outlet, but apart from that, much remains the same.

We also have a shot of the interior, which features a large hood covering what looks like a central LCD display. This differs from the concept interior shown last year, although since the prototype’s upper dashboard looks identical to that of the Acura RLX, the design may not be final.

The new NSX will make use of a Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) three-motor high-performance hybrid system, with a mid-mounted direct-injected VTEC V6 mated to an electric motor and a dual clutch transmission. This combination drives the rear wheels; meanwhile, another pair of electric motors drive the front wheels and can provide instant positive or negative torque during cornering.

Honda will build the NSX next year at its new US$70 million (RM222 million) Performance Manufacturing Center in Ohio, and the car is expected be fully revealed before the end of the year. The NSX is but one of the Japanese performance icons due to be reborn – a Toyota Supra reboot is also expected to be on the cards if the recent FT-1 concept is any indication, so it’s good times ahead for fans of Japanese muscle.

Indeed, the NSX prototype spotted on the Nürburgring appears to have been chasing a fourth-generation Supra at one point! Nothing like a bit of cross-country rivalry, eh?
http://paultan.org/2014/07/23/spyshots-2015-honda-nsx/
Old 07-23-14, 07:42 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Hope they get the hybrid motors worked out. Scary knowing an issue with it is what caused the prototype crash and has caused the delay in the TLX and RLX hybrid programs.
Old 07-23-14, 09:12 AM
LexFather

Looks good there but the beak is covered lol.

Lets stop the silly LFA comparisons. The LFA is the greatest car out of Japan, a bespoke carbon fiber V-10 masterpiece. This is made here in the states across their Accord plant using existing technology and some new stuff which hopefully all works.

As S2000toIS350 stated, the car will not be sold at dealers but directly by Acura/Honda which has pissed off an already angry dealer network.

Old 07-23-14, 09:26 AM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
Got to admit, it does look real nice in those pics.
looks great for sure. quiet possibly the best looking japanese sports car since the NSX. acura really needs to nail this.
Old 07-23-14, 09:33 AM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cino
NSX would be the car I would get if I have 100k to drop, but for now, I'd go with next Supra.
isn't this more like 150k range? 100k sounds too low. if this really is 100k ish then sign me up. would love to own this and 1st gen NSXs. i always had a soft spot for NSX. my favorite japanese car ever.
Old 07-23-14, 11:46 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

The only thing that we know for sure is that a Honda spokesman has said it will cost more than the current $100k R35 GT-R.
Old 07-23-14, 12:37 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

LexFather (LF) congratulations on your new family member, LFA.

Pics please

Back to the NSX, I do not recall saying that buyers have to deal directly with Honda/Acura (if I said that my memory is shot)

The info from my local dealer is both limited and suspect as evidenced by the GM telling me earlier this year that the cars would be made in Japan.

Last edited by S2000toIS350; 07-23-14 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-23-14, 01:28 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All this talk about the car - anyone have delivery dates on when the car will hit the showroom?

As an NSX owner myself, I'm excited to see the new design but not so inclined to own at. Price tag will easily be north of $150k+ which means I like the car but if I'm am going to drop that kind of money, the brand will most likely end in an "i"

Anyone who thinks this car is sub $100k is dreaming, just look at the competitors Acura is targeting, for that kind of company, $150k is low price range so this will not be a Supra competitor or GTR target.
Old 07-23-14, 01:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
LexFather (LF) congratulations on your new family member, LFA.

Pics please

Back to the NSX, I do not recall saying that buyers have to deal directly with Honda/Acura (if I said that my memory is shot)

The info from my local dealer is both limited and suspect as evidenced by the GM telling me earlier this year that the cars would be made in Japan.
Huh?

I was agreeing with you that from my understanding the NSX will be sold directly to customers bypassing the dealer. If you didn't say that then my mistake.

Old 07-23-14, 01:58 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s4play
All this talk about the car - anyone have delivery dates on when the car will hit the showroom?

As an NSX owner myself, I'm excited to see the new design but not so inclined to own at. Price tag will easily be north of $150k+ which means I like the car but if I'm am going to drop that kind of money, the brand will most likely end in an "i"

Anyone who thinks this car is sub $100k is dreaming, just look at the competitors Acura is targeting, for that kind of company, $150k is low price range so this will not be a Supra competitor or GTR target.
what? you gonna drop $150k on a Hyunda'i'?
Old 07-23-14, 04:26 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play

Hmm a Maserati Alfieri would be nice

Old 07-23-14, 05:47 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2015 Honda/Acura NSX spied at the Nürburgring hiding production body

Will feature a Sport Hybrid SH-AWD system

The highly anticipated 2015 Honda/Acura NSX has been spied undergoing final testing in Germany around the Nürburgring circuit.

Honda has been relatively quiet lately about the long-awaited NSX revival but now we have a fresh batch of spy photos with a camouflaged prototype testing at the 'Ring, ahead of a full reveal likely to occur before the end of the year since the company has already announced plans to begin production in 2015 at a newly established Performance Manufacturing Center in Ohio where they are investing 70M USD. As a reminder, the 2015 NSX is being developed by Honda R&D Americas in Raymond, Ohio.

The car appears to look virtually the same as the Acura NSX concept shown at last year's NAIAS in Detroit which itself was a minor revision of a concept exhibited a year earlier at the same venue. It will make use of a three-motor high-performance hybrid system encompassing two electric motors driving the front wheels along with a third motor built into an all-new dual-clutch transmission while a mid-mounted V6 engine will power the rear axle.

Honda has labeled this system as Sport Hybrid Super Handling All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) and they say it will be capable to provide the NSX reboot with "instant delivery of negative or positive torque to the front wheels during cornering to achieve a new level of driving performance unparalleled by current AWD systems."
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11407227...ing-production
Old 07-23-14, 06:49 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Watch and Listen to the New Acura / Honda NSX Around the Nürburgring

If the Acura /Honda NSX spyshots we posted yesterday aren’t doing enough for you, then there’s also this video showing the same car in motion around the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

The upcoming all-wheel drive hybrid sports-supercar looked hugely composed and surefooted, looking like a big departure from the sometimes wayward manners of its Senna-approved predecessor.

None of the shots captured by TouriClips show the camouflaged prototype in any way out of shape. Hopefully, the car won’t act like it’s on rails all the time, because people will be probably expecting more out of it.

Otherwise, if it’s just too dulled down and sanitized, it will leave people with a similar impression to the BMW i8 – one of appreciation for its technical achievements, yet not fully content with the way everything was set up to work.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/07/wat...honda-nsx.html
Old 07-24-14, 05:57 AM
zema
Driver

2016 Acura NSX Burns To The Ground During ‘Ring Testing

Old 07-24-14, 06:32 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

wow that can't be good news...

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News