Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-13, 12:57 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy

I have heard though that a lot of hardcore NSX and Honda fans are up in arms over the Ohio location. It's got nothing to do with "being capable" of building the car. This is supposed to represent "the best" of what Honda can do, yet it will be built at a plant that's not even close to their best plant.

I believe most true NSX fans and owners wish the car could be build in Japan, but realize that since American Honda/Acura pretty much headed this whole project that they have more than welcomed an NSX build build in Ohio. Have Ted Klaus attending NSXPO for a presentation and Q&A was a huge positive step in the NSX community. There are many hard core original NSX fans that don't like this car, but the overwhelmingly it is being accepted by previous NSX and current NSX owner more than no accepted.

This car is not perfect, I don't believe any car is perfect as I haven't found one yet, but if they build it, it will be a great car. Sales success? I don't know, but the original NSX wasn't a sales success even in 1991 but it sure is a great car.
Old 11-23-13, 03:08 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
I was just on NSXprime. Glancing through a few pages worth, most of the people are happy the car is coming and the response was positive. Very little, if any mentioning of country of origin.
Well you won't see the complaining lasting forever. When the news initially came out about Ohio there was an uproar from many Honda fans. Doesn't really matter if you take my word for it or not.

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I believe most true NSX fans and owners wish the car could be build in Japan, but realize that since American Honda/Acura pretty much headed this whole project that they have more than welcomed an NSX build build in Ohio. Have Ted Klaus attending NSXPO for a presentation and Q&A was a huge positive step in the NSX community. There are many hard core original NSX fans that don't like this car, but the overwhelmingly it is being accepted by previous NSX and current NSX owner more than no accepted.

This car is not perfect, I don't believe any car is perfect as I haven't found one yet, but if they build it, it will be a great car. Sales success? I don't know, but the original NSX wasn't a sales success even in 1991 but it sure is a great car.
Well that's the whole point then isn't it? That it's mostly an American project, that never really had full approval from Honda Japan. Makes you wonder what the future will look like for Honda with such fractured relationships going on within Honda.
Old 11-23-13, 04:30 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well that's the whole point then isn't it? That it's mostly an American project, that never really had full approval from Honda Japan. Makes you wonder what the future will look like for Honda with such fractured relationships going on within Honda.
I think many don't really care what the relationship between Acura and Honda is or will be. It did turn into a joint project as the engine and drivetrain are all the responsibility of Honda Japan, but most just care about the car itself and how it performs. The NSX is mostly a 3rd or 4th weekend toy for many, so brand loyalty is not as prominent or important. Most NSX owners have multiple cars of other brands, so the behind the scenes stuff doesn't really matter as long as the car itself becomes available for purchase.
Old 11-23-13, 05:48 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Well you won't see the complaining lasting forever. When the news initially came out about Ohio there was an uproar from many Honda fans. Doesn't really matter if you take my word for it or not.
There will ALWAYS be criticism for EVERY car. The LFA was heavily criticized on the price, the GTR was criticized for the weight and lack of 'soul', and now the NSX because it's built in Ohio. In the end, they're all great cars so why need to put it down just because it wears the Acura badge? Mind you, there was an uproar when Lexus announced they won't be offering a V8 for the 4GS. The GS turned out to be a great car without it, so does it matter whether people complained or not?
Old 01-16-14, 11:30 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The Acura NSX Prototype makes a surprise cameo in Season 3, Episode 3, of Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Watch the full episode: http://on.acura.com/1hvennX.
Old 01-16-14, 02:44 PM
LexFather

It was at the Tokyo Auto Salon, it nice but now seems really dated after seeing that new FT-1. The reviews of the system in the RLX are mostly good so that's a good sign.

Old 01-16-14, 02:48 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Seinfeld and Leno, my 2 favorite Hollywood car guys.............the best episode for me.
Old 01-16-14, 03:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm not a Seinfeld fan nor do I watch Leno, but they are both very knowledgable and enthusiasts
Old 02-18-14, 09:40 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Debuted at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the NSX Concept shows off the next stage of design as the NSX moves closer to production, including one possible direction for the interior.
Old 02-18-14, 09:56 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So, is it still a concept or an actual production vehicle?
Old 02-18-14, 09:59 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who knows anymore?
Old 02-18-14, 03:56 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

They gotta quit showing these stupid video game animation crap. Show us the real deal already.
Old 02-18-14, 04:42 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What makes me chuckle is at the end, where it sits on top of a hilly/mountain area as if it was able to drive up there.
Old 02-18-14, 04:43 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
They gotta quit showing these stupid video game animation crap. Show us the real deal already.
I agree, they've lost a lot of steam from the initial release of the new concept. The NSX is the catalyst Acura needs exploit to their advantage and give some credibility back to the brand.
Old 02-18-14, 06:37 PM
LexFather

Honda NSX…..

The new Supra which just debuted should be here in time to battle the NSX just like the 1990s….

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News