Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-13, 10:14 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

That engine note is so fake This thing got failure written all over it

What a shame, after the epic greatness of the original NSX.
Attached Thumbnails Acura NSX News-yawn2.jpg  

Last edited by BNR34; 08-05-13 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-05-13, 10:57 AM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the director of the video said it was not faked at all. That is the real sound.
Old 08-05-13, 11:42 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

IF the NSX Fails and the already on Life-support RLX will plummet Acura sales. This might be the end of Acura if they don't come through with the "goods" and Honda corp can only able to satisfy the public with selling Civics and Accords. (which is what they're good for) with the exception of the much loved 1991-2005 Acura NSX, Honda is only good for building Economy Transportation, and not Luxury cars or Super cars and it gets proven true more and more every time they release a new Acura.

I really hope Acura does well with the NSX because I love the previous NSXs. But things just don't look good so far, they better be sandbagging us and release something revolutionary otherwise it will be the end for them. No one will ever respect the Acura brand anymore. (Especially with them taunting us for years with an Unicorn NSX V8 or V10 for years now.. )
Old 08-05-13, 12:09 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

Alot of the NSX guys aren't really excited about the new NSX. If it's a hit then thats good for Acura, it's not like many of use can afford it anyways. If it fails, makes no difference to us.

Last edited by Coconut; 08-05-13 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-05-13, 01:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Coconut
Alot of the NSX guys aren't really excited about the new NSX.
that might be because the nsx they own is now so old that this might end up being for a different market.

obviously far too long in its gestation period, hopefully it will turn out to be great or at least, innovative.
Old 08-05-13, 02:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I know Acura is building a me too exotic hybrid but I think it would have been better and more pure if they tried to old formula but with todays tech. They should have gone with a twin turbo V6, all carbon fiber for extreme light weight, and some amazing styling. We all know this new car will be a pig relative to the old one and it will never make the splash in the market that the original did
Old 08-05-13, 03:29 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I know Acura is building a me too exotic hybrid but I think it would have been better and more pure if they tried to old formula but with todays tech. They should have gone with a twin turbo V6, all carbon fiber for extreme light weight, and some amazing styling. We all know this new car will be a pig relative to the old one and it will never make the splash in the market that the original did
The biggest difference is that new NSX is being developed by HPD and they cannot hold a candle to Honda Japan which built the original NSX. Good thing is that hybrid system is developed by Honda Japan and I stand by my statement that it will be the best hybrid sports car implementation you can find on the market, surpassing 918, not in terms of power but in terms of seamless integration and adding to experience instead of taking away from it like in 918 case.
Old 08-05-13, 03:48 PM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't wait!
Old 08-05-13, 05:23 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Why was the original NSX so well perceived? It brought together alot of innovative technologies and put it together into an easy to use reliable package that would rival or surpass other supercars of its time.

If Honda made a TT V6 or NA V8 and stuffed it into a carbon fiber monocoque, it wouldn't accomplish what the original NSX set out to due. Honda made the right choice by going with the hybrid 4wd system. However, they would have to come out with near perfect/seamless hybrid system and of course it has to handle very well (GTR as a benchmark) and look nice too. GOOD LUCK HONDA.
Old 08-05-13, 10:23 PM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-06-13, 08:12 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coconut
Why was the original NSX so well perceived? It brought together alot of innovative technologies and put it together into an easy to use reliable package that would rival or surpass other supercars of its time.

If Honda made a TT V6 or NA V8 and stuffed it into a carbon fiber monocoque, it wouldn't accomplish what the original NSX set out to due. Honda made the right choice by going with the hybrid 4wd system. However, they would have to come out with near perfect/seamless hybrid system and of course it has to handle very well (GTR as a benchmark) and look nice too. GOOD LUCK HONDA.
You make an excellent point. While I'm not entirely happy the new NSX is going to be a hybrid, it in a way does stay a little more true to the original conpect NS-X. New Sportscar eXperimental

While big engine with lots of HP is really cookie cutter and east to accomplish, dropping in a hybrid V6 that gets supercar performance numbers and fuel economy of most passenger cars would be an achievement if they succeed at that goal.
Old 08-06-13, 09:19 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So before people complained that it did not exist and was a unicorn, now that it exists people here just want it to fail before it arrives.
Old 08-06-13, 10:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

nice new vid doublehh03 - it's definitely not working too hard on the track, but nice to see it going.

and that exhaust is definitely 'real' although i'd say almost certainly not 'production' noise.
Old 08-06-13, 11:38 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure hope they'll tune the engine note in the production car... by a lot.

Last edited by ydooby; 08-06-13 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-07-13, 09:43 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Seriously, an Accord trying to catch the NSX Lets see the NSX with a GTR or LFA..

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News