Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Old 01-15-13, 10:24 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
I think they've already messed it up by delaying the project for so long. By the time its released, you'll have Camrys with more HP. I sure hope it can be competitive
Except the NSX isn't about HP. The old NSX kept its paces very well with cars almost twice its HP on the track. I guess they're going to continue that philosophy.
Old 01-15-13, 10:33 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
I think they've already messed it up by delaying the project for so long. By the time its released, you'll have Camrys with more HP. I sure hope it can be competitive
You seriously said that? NSX will have the most advanced hybrid system there is and that there will be for quite some time if we exclude future EVs. Single motor running single wheel is exactly what efficiency and performance is all about
Old 01-15-13, 11:22 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a feeling that we will see a production version of the LF LC before the NSX is available for purchase.
Old 01-15-13, 11:28 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ydooby
Except the NSX isn't about HP. The old NSX kept its paces very well with cars almost twice its HP on the track. I guess they're going to continue that philosophy.
This isn't 1990 anymore. The first NSX was about purity, this will be AWD and a hybrid showcasing hybrid tech.

Originally Posted by Vladi
You seriously said that? NSX will have the most advanced hybrid system there is and that there will be for quite some time if we exclude future EVs. Single motor running single wheel is exactly what efficiency and performance is all about
Not most advanced, it will be maybe the cheapest hybrid sports car though. Porsche and Ferrari have hybrid sports cars coming.

Old 01-15-13, 11:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

when i first saw that interior it only reminds me of the lfa. that center console
Old 01-15-13, 03:19 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
This isn't 1990 anymore. The first NSX was about purity, this will be AWD and a hybrid showcasing hybrid tech.

Not most advanced, it will be maybe the cheapest hybrid sports car though. Porsche and Ferrari have hybrid sports cars coming.
Yes and they will wipe the floor with NSX performance wise but setup is very different. Porsche has two electric motors that drive front and back axels, they do not run each wheel separately. I think that is the catch when it comes to gaining performance and improving efficiency not just with the hybrids but with EVs as well. Don't know nothing about Ferrari but I am not expecting anything more than KERS technology in there mixed with standard hybrid setup a la GS450h. We'll see.
Old 01-15-13, 04:07 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys are too quick to give Lexus credit for stuff.

Clearly they all copied the 2004 Porsche Carrera GT.......They all look the same, right?..

Last edited by pman6; 01-15-13 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-15-13, 04:34 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6

Clearly they all copied the 2004 Porsche Carrera GT.......They all look the same, right?..
To be fair, the LFA and "new NSX" center console are much more similar than either are to the Carrera GT. I actually found the Carrera GT to be quite uncomfortable to sit in, and while most of that was due to the seat, a contributing factor was the much lower center console relative to body position (this is easily visible from the picture you posted). The LFA and "new NSX" are much more similar with the higher center console and a gentler curvature.

Also, another big difference with the Carrera GT is that the space underneath the center console is actually just empty space - so there's just this big gaping hole underneath. Just seemed kinda tacky to me.

Last edited by gengar; 01-15-13 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-15-13, 04:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6

i believe i did say that when i first saw the lfa, that the center console designs look similar but lexus made it more modern with more details.

but given the time line the nsx one looks more like the lfa than gt
Old 01-15-13, 04:44 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The most important question I have: Does it have a cupholder?
Old 01-15-13, 04:47 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, if you're going to copy an interior, copy the best!

PS'ed:

Old 01-15-13, 06:15 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

They should have kept the side vents.
Old 01-15-13, 07:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

nice video...

Old 01-15-13, 08:37 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honda knows driving dynamics. I'm a Toyota fan, but Honda gets my love too. I'm not going to deny that the NSX is and will be one of the greatest feeling cars to drive. What the difference is between this and other hybrid super cars is the AWD system is unique in that it has motors driving each of the wheels. This isn't some run of the mill battery KERS system sent to the front. That's what the Ferrari and the 918 are. The fact is, this NSX will have individual motors driving the front and rear wheels. That's a x4 hybrid wheel drive. That is awesomeness.
Old 01-15-13, 09:14 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Hey, if you're going to copy an interior, copy the best!

PS'ed:

Photoshops with different wheels and lowered are awesome. It is coming along very well, still not a huge fan of the rear or those wheels but adding nicer wheels, a small spoiler or ground effects would quickly fix those issues. They are saying the high central tunnel hump in the interior is due to the main battery being in that area. I don't think the design looks that close to the LFA but I can see where with the red leather some people think it looks similar. The Carrera GT started the high transmission tunnel look/design before the LFA and NSX. The interior looks good but does not look finished yet and will probably change and have some more buttons and switches added. I would like to see the small control panel on the right hand of the steering wheel make it to the new NSX like what is on the original. I really hope they can keep the price below 125K but they have upped the performance goals more recently after buying a Ferrari 458/McLaren MP-12C to test it against which will most likely mean it gets more expensive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Acura NSX News