Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-16, 02:24 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Here is the spec (came out to $173,300)

Color and Trim
Exterior Color: 130R White
Interior Color: Saddle
Seats: Semi-aniline leather and black Alcantara power sport seats
Exterior
Exterior Package: Exterior sport package
Roof: Back Aluminum, no satellite antenna
Rear Spoiler: No rear spoiler
Engine Cover: Engine cover (NOT CARBON FIBER)
Brakes: Carbon-ceramic rotors
Calipers: Black
Wheels: Signature Y spoke
Tires: Michelin
Interior
Technology Package, ELS studio audio (NO XM radio)
Interior Package: Signature interior package (NO CARBON FIBER)
Headliner: Black Alcantara
beautiful car, congrats!

I'm glad they kept those wheels!!!!! They look awesome!!! Love it!!!! perfect color combo too!

Old 02-25-16, 05:57 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Yeah that looks very tasteful
Old 02-25-16, 06:20 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks to all

I really wish they offered a saddle with blue option but this is Acura so you get half azzed customization.

I was surprised that they did the base roof in black as you essentially get a bi-colour paint job for no up charge (the folks at Ferrari must be laughing as I believe they get like $16K for bi-colour).
Old 02-25-16, 09:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yeah i was surprised about the black roof too (never cared too much about the cf option)

btw, just to make sure, your wife is not going to have problem with the nsx right? this is a nice car!
Old 02-25-16, 10:24 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

So will prices on old NSX's go up or down with this new model???

#1 Theory, People who own the old NSX will trade them in for the new one. The market will be flooded with 90's NSX, thus dropping the appreciating price these cars have seen over the past 5 years or so.

#2 Theory, People who own the old NSX will hate the new NSX. Plus they really can't afford to drop $180k on a new car. Thus they'll hold onto them and never sell, thus driving up the price of used NSX. And then people who want a new NSX but can't afford it will buy a mint 1992 NSX for $50k and will be snapping them up left and right, thus driving up demand and price.

I see a price bubble forming around the 1st gen NSX, ie its a hot car now, but will it be in 3-5 years from now??? Same thing with the Supra. When we start seeing 25 year old imports from Japan for half the price, what is that going to do to the market for these now valuable 90's Japanese supercars??? I don't see the prices being paid now as sustainable, especially considering what cars this age sell for in Japan.
Old 02-26-16, 03:35 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

For now I think the scene is closer to #2.

The new car is targeted for a different demographic and the old NSX owners are angry.

We will have to see if the new NSX lives up to it's goal of being an everyday super car to see if it becomes successful enough to sell well for 10+ years.

The yen 1 owners may be rewarded later with a decontented version (non hybrid) to voters their asks.
Old 02-26-16, 03:38 AM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

I think it would be special to hold a complete set of anything. I want a red one

Originally Posted by Aron9000

#1 Theory, People who own the old NSX will trade them in for the new one. The market will be flooded with 90's NSX, thus dropping the appreciating price these cars have seen over the past 5 years or so.

#2 Theory, People who own the old NSX will hate the new NSX. Plus they really can't afford to drop $180k on a new car. Thus they'll hold onto them and never sell, thus driving up the price of used NSX. And then people who want a new NSX but can't afford it will buy a mint 1992 NSX for $50k and will be snapping them up left and right, thus driving up demand and price.

I see a price bubble forming around the 1st gen NSX, ie its a hot car now, but will it be in 3-5 years from now??? Same thing with the Supra. When we start seeing 25 year old imports from Japan for half the price, what is that going to do to the market for these now valuable 90's Japanese supercars??? I don't see the prices being paid now as sustainable, especially considering what cars this age sell for in Japan.
Old 02-26-16, 05:41 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Rominl

My wife doesn't care too much about this one.. I told her about the hybrid part, showed her a picture a while ago and she thought the looked like it was trying to be a Corvette.

Another odd pricing thing is that the solid color all leather seats are priced $1k higher than the two tone leather and Alcantara ones. I believe other manufacturers charge more for two tone with Alcantara.
Old 02-26-16, 06:06 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

The new car is targeted for a different demographic and the old NSX owners are angry.
old nsx owners are angry? LOL. why, because acura came out with a thoroughly modern re-interpretation of the nsx that will blow the doors off the original in every way? one that costs more than twice as much but it's 25+ years later so no surprise?

the original nsx was AWESOME. it's still awesome, as a fun, reliable, all aluminum, mid-engine, easy to drive, great handling, low sports car.

but times move on... if gen 1 nsx owners are 'angry' that's their issue... reminds me of corvette or 911 owners, a group of whom always express outrage when a new model comes out...
Old 02-26-16, 06:33 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Very happy for you. The NSX will be something special for sure.
Old 02-26-16, 09:35 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Thanks to all

I really wish they offered a saddle with blue option but this is Acura so you get half azzed customization.

I was surprised that they did the base roof in black as you essentially get a bi-colour paint job for no up charge (the folks at Ferrari must be laughing as I believe they get like $16K for bi-colour).
Wow, huge congrats on your new NSX

When acura will come out with a targa top 4 years later like the 95s, they'll paint it body-colored
Old 02-26-16, 10:09 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

GS,

It will be fun to predict/follow the life cycle management for this generation NSX.

The Honda folks whiffed on gen 1 by not including a targa and then the rework to add the targa left the car with less rigidity

Ted Clueless has mentioned the intent to be able to not leave the car alone (I.e. Dial up the power).

At the most recent NSXPO Acura surveyed folks to see what else they should offer (targa, vert, non hybrid lower cost).
Old 02-26-16, 11:10 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

How likely is it that a non-hybrid (lower cost) model will debut at some point?
Old 02-26-16, 11:22 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Hard to say about the non hybrid as it feels like there would be a lot of development work to strip out systems and to reoptimize the car

I think we have to see if the car takes hold with the target market, older richer folks who really want an exotic and don't want the associated headaches. There are plenty of these folks in the US and this is basically an unmined vein.

I also would have to believe a lot of F car owners tired of their car being in the service garage instead of thei garage will be in play as well as P car owners looking for a change.
Old 02-26-16, 09:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i myself have been debating about the new nsx too. since i have a gen1, it gives me a lot of thoughts about getting the 2nd one as well. but at 180k there are indeed a lot of other cars i can (and should) consider.

and i still don't know how the car drive, i don't want it to drive like gtr

Originally Posted by Aron9000

#1 doesn't make sense. for those who has the money to pay for the new one (200k after tax), having a gen1 nsx doesn't really matter to them and i don't see why they would trade it in. might as well keep it so they have both.

#2 i think is more likely. gen1 nsx availability is already very low, and supply seems to be getting even lower these days. most owners are holding on tight to their copies.

i myself if i get the new nsx, i can only see myself keeping my gen1 still

Rominl

My wife doesn't care too much about this one.. I told her about the hybrid part, showed her a picture a while ago and she thought the looked like it was trying to be a Corvette.

Another odd pricing thing is that the solid color all leather seats are priced $1k higher than the two tone leather and Alcantara ones. I believe other manufacturers charge more for two tone with Alcantara.
wonderful!!! part of me still feel sad that you couldn'd get the lfa!!!!

yeah i noticed too on the leather, kind of odd. i thought it has to do with alcantara being cheaper, but then 2 tone leather i didn't get it

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
old nsx owners are angry? LOL. why, because acura came out with a thoroughly modern re-interpretation of the nsx that will blow the doors off the original in every way? one that costs more than twice as much but it's 25+ years later so no surprise?

the original nsx was AWESOME. it's still awesome, as a fun, reliable, all aluminum, mid-engine, easy to drive, great handling, low sports car.

but times move on... if gen 1 nsx owners are 'angry' that's their issue... reminds me of corvette or 911 owners, a group of whom always express outrage when a new model comes out...
actually there are a group of nsx owners who feel quite "violated" about the new generation, thinking the car doesn't "represent" the nsx name and theirs were purer. i kind of expect that though given the posts i read before. it's an interesting car, there are some insane die hard fans

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News