Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-15, 07:13 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Acura NSX Type R rendered, will eventually happen

Could be out in 2-3 years

Following its debuts this week at NAIAS, the second generation Acura NSX Type R has now received the speculative Type R digital treatment.

A few days ago X-Tomi Design applied a targa conversion on the new NSX and now he decided to envision a Type R version which is probably in the works. The company’s chief engineer already hinted at a higher specification version which is probably 2-3 years away and will come with added power wrapped around in a more aggressive design as depicted in this digital interpretation.

Acura still hasn't provided final technical specifications of the $150,000 standard model but at least we know the twin-turbo V6 together with the three electric motors have a combined output of more than 550 bhp (410 kW). It will be enough to grant the all-wheel drive supercar with a 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) run in less than 4 seconds while the top speed hasn't been specified yet for Fernando Alonso’s future car.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501188...ntually-happen
Old 01-18-15, 07:23 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Type-R, Type-S, I don't care just start making them again Acura
Old 01-18-15, 08:52 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Type-R, Type-S, I don't care just start making them again Acura
You forgot one variant, NSX Mugen.
Old 01-18-15, 10:41 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
You don't think the HSC resemblances the NSX more?
the original nsx, sure. but the original nsx is ancient, and that hsc is just weird to me.

From what I have seen, a large number enthusiasts love it when past styling cues are integrated into new models. For example, lets look back when Toyota debut the FT-HS concept. Supra and Toyota enthusiasts hated it. 1. the front end was kinda ugly. But 2, a lot of people complained it looked nothing like the Supra. Fast forward a few years later and Toyota gave us the FT-1 concept. Supra fanboys love it for the most part. It clearly shows styling cues from the 2000GT and MKIV.
i couldn't care less about pass styling cues.

even though every new corvette for example does bring styling cues from prior models forward, there's always a very large number of predictable howl from corvette 'enthusiasts' who don't like change. i just don't care. if i like it i like it, if i don't i don't. i don't care what it brings from prior models.

I'm just not feeling the front end on the new NSX;
compared to that old orange one you posted, hell yeah the new one's better! but i am of the belief that almost no car design ages well[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
(headline: Acura NSX Type R rendered, will eventually happen
a bit presumptive saying it will eventually happen. besides, the 'regular' nsx hasn't even launched yet, and already people are creating new fantasies.

it's like as soon as ANYTHING is announced some people have to then speculate on what the NEXT thing is. people are already debating what the iphone 6s and 7 will be.
Old 01-19-15, 06:07 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

here is my 2 cent on the topic. the new NSX just doesnt do it for me. it looks very R8ish; iMO it isnt a very good looking car to start with. it just doesnt has the NSX look if will, unlike with the HSC concept. that concept isnt perfect by any means, but im sure it could have became a beautiful replacement for the NSX if Honda had chosen it.

and yes, some people do not care whether a car looks like its predecessor or not. but i think it makes more sense to carry over styling cues from a successful past model. why mess with success? with that said we will just have to wait and see how sales of the new NSX goes.
Old 01-19-15, 06:09 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

its already down on power against the ford GT
Old 01-19-15, 06:11 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

speaking of the new GT, i think that is a beautiful looking car. i posted this in the GT thread, but "i think Ford did a great job. they also kept the GT's DNA intact. they made what many could call a "modern day GT". i love when automakers pay tribute to past models like this. you can clearly see its lineage."
Old 01-19-15, 06:16 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Never really been a fan of original NSX. While not bad looking and quite special in some regard, it always felt like a cheap Ferrari copy, not that I really care about that. But new NSX on the other hand is - from the pics, have yet to see it live - the best looking mid-rear engine sports car, together with McLaren F1. I liked the first MP4-12C, which IMO got beaten by the new NSX, but the 650S is just ugly, as is the 458 Italia. Lambo looks rather good but too much forward cab, which I don't like.

IMO HSC is a total fail, I'm glad they did not come up with that, unfortunate tor the HSV however, that was shaping up rather very good.
Old 01-19-15, 06:22 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

if one is saying the original NSX is a Ferrari wannabe, than cant one say the new one is a R8 knock off?

i know looks is subjective, but man that front end is ffffugly! it looks like evil big bird meets ricer.

if honda really must insist on sticking with the stupid bird beak they should have went with the II concept's front end. IMO it is better looking and much clearer than the production car.

Old 01-19-15, 06:34 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

I don't see a bird beak, and I think the front looks quite alright ...

The car looks better than the R8 in fact ......

Last edited by Gojirra99; 01-19-15 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-19-15, 06:42 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I don't see a bird beak, and I think the front looks quite alright ...

The car looks better than the R8 in fact ......
everyone refers the acuras front end as the bird beak.

yeah that isnt saying much...
Old 01-19-15, 06:45 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

i dont think the new NSX is ugly like the last TL. just wish they had spent a little more time on the face.

on a different note, did you guys watch the live unveiling of the NSX and GT? the crowd went crazy over the new GT. on the other hand it seem pretty dead when the NSX was unveiled.

Last edited by gymratter; 01-19-15 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-19-15, 07:27 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default Fernando Alonso says he 'will be together” with the Acura NSX

'You still don't know, but one day we will be together'

Two-time Formula 1 champion Fernando Alonso expressed his desire to purchase the 2016 Honda/Acura NSX.

Now that Fernando Alonso has made the switch from Ferrari to Honda-powered McLaren, it shouldn't come as a big surprise the Spaniard has announced through a Twitter post that he wants to buy the new Acura NSX which will be sold in Europe with the Honda badge. His exact words were "you still don't know, but one day we will be together" while bellow the post were attached a couple of official 2016 NSX pics.

Taking into consideration he is firstly a McLaren driver, needless to say Alonso will have to show his appreciation and drive the company cars provided by the Woking-based marque. New products which are on the way include the “Sports Series” entry-level model and possibly a hotter “GTR” version of the 650S Coupe and chances are Fernando Alonso will be seen driving both of them at media events. In addition, the track-only P1 GTR is heading to Geneva and surely Alonso will get the chance to take it for a spin.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501178...with-the-acura
Old 01-19-15, 07:32 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gymratter
i dont think the new NSX is ugly like the last TL. just wish they had spent a little more time on the face.

on a different note, did you guys watch the live unveiling of the NSX and GT? the crowd went crazy over the new GT. on the other hand it seem pretty dead when the NSX was unveiled.
Yes I watched. I think most just don't understand what the new NSX really is. Was the same with the original NSX. People only realise the good once it is gone.

As for the GT, nice, but never liked GT40 and those. The new GT is not bad, but not something to dream about. IMO just as ugly as the LaFerrari, which does not take away anything from their technical aspects.
Old 01-19-15, 07:42 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Levi68
Yes I watched. I think most just don't understand what the new NSX really is. Was the same with the original NSX. People only realise the good once it is gone.
um idk about that. the original NSX was in such high demand during its first few years that dealer marked up the asking price.

the original NSX made a huge impact when it was unveiled. the world was shocked that Honda had built something like this. im just not sure the new one has or will make the same impact that its predecessor has once done.

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News