Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-13, 06:35 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I am kind of surprised at the ongoing grumping here.

At this point it is a certainty that the folks wearing the H hats are on their way to giving us something truly great.

Just look at that feekin drivetrain.

We all know H can produce an engaging driving machine with bulletproof reliability.

We also know they are building a lot of boring appliances and the passionate folks have finally wrestled sufficient resources to get the NSX done.

I am just thankful that my income has grown faster than inflation. In 91, the original was way out of my price range. By 99 the much cheaper S2000 was my ticket to Honda performance. I am looking forward to a Grand Prix white NSX with Honda badges rolling off the line for me in the future.
Old 11-21-13, 06:53 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I am kind of surprised at the ongoing grumping here.

At this point it is a certainty that the folks wearing the H hats are on their way to giving us something truly great.

Just look at that feekin drivetrain.

We all know H can produce an engaging driving machine with bulletproof reliability.

We also know they are building a lot of boring appliances and the passionate folks have finally wrestled sufficient resources to get the NSX done.

I am just thankful that my income has grown faster than inflation. In 91, the original was way out of my price range. By 99 the much cheaper S2000 was my ticket to Honda performance. I am looking forward to a Grand Prix white NSX with Honda badges rolling off the line for me in the future.
If I still was a Honda fan, which I'm not, I would find the production location insulting. Even not being a Honda fan I still find it insulting.

Having a flagship of the entire company built in Ohio, that I just would not accept were I a fan.
Old 11-21-13, 07:08 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

TRD,

I am aligned with you on the factory point.

I would much rather the car coming from a plant in Japan.

I like the fact that my new Q50 was built in Tochigi in the GT R factory.

But for the NSX it is clear that the project was a wrestling match and the US Acura folks must have wanted the car enough to say, we'll build it here after the two previous prototypes (the low power V6 mid engined car and the front engined V10 car) that would have been built in Japan were canned.

The upside is I should be able to pick up a box of killer donuts at Do Rite donuts and drive them down to the factory in Ohio and share them with the hopefully non union folks building my car.
Old 11-21-13, 10:25 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
If I still was a Honda fan, which I'm not, I would find the production location insulting. Even not being a Honda fan I still find it insulting.

Having a flagship of the entire company built in Ohio, that I just would not accept were I a fan.
That's too bad because as an American, I'm glad we are capable of building such a car. It's a different story if it was built in in Venezuela. Then again, even if it was built in Japan, I'm sure you'll find something else about it to crap on.
Old 11-21-13, 10:58 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

what's wrong with ohio?
Old 11-22-13, 04:59 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
TRD,

I am aligned with you on the factory point.

I would much rather the car coming from a plant in Japan.

I like the fact that my new Q50 was built in Tochigi in the GT R factory.

But for the NSX it is clear that the project was a wrestling match and the US Acura folks must have wanted the car enough to say, we'll build it here after the two previous prototypes (the low power V6 mid engined car and the front engined V10 car) that would have been built in Japan were canned.

The upside is I should be able to pick up a box of killer donuts at Do Rite donuts and drive them down to the factory in Ohio and share them with the hopefully non union folks building my car.
Well everything at Honda seemingly has been a wrestling match for the past decade.

Originally Posted by GSteg
That's too bad because as an American, I'm glad we are capable of building such a car. It's a different story if it was built in in Venezuela. Then again, even if it was built in Japan, I'm sure you'll find something else about it to crap on.
You don't have to ask me. At the end of the day, I could care less as I'm not a fan. I just come to these threads for the comedy that Honda does not fail to provide .

I have heard though that a lot of hardcore NSX and Honda fans are up in arms over the Ohio location. It's got nothing to do with "being capable" of building the car. This is supposed to represent "the best" of what Honda can do, yet it will be built at a plant that's not even close to their best plant.

Originally Posted by hlee12
what's wrong with ohio?
See above response.
Old 11-22-13, 05:50 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by hlee12
what's wrong with ohio?
Nothing wrong with Ohio. This is just another tempest in a teapot. Where the NSX is built won't be a factor in the big picture. The quality of the Acura vehicles coming out of Ohio is very good.
Old 11-22-13, 06:05 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

US, Venezuela or Bangladesh, it doesn't matter as long as the drivetrain and associated technology is engineered and manufactured in Japan
Old 11-22-13, 07:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

This is supposed to represent "the best" of what Honda can do, yet it will be built at a plant that's not even close to their best plant.
maybe in your mind... the ohio honda plants are widely respected for producing very high quality vehicles including the accord and rdx. they even export the accord back to japan apparently.
Old 11-22-13, 09:03 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/11/...kyo-motorshow/

Old 11-22-13, 11:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

wow, didn't know about that s660...

starts new thread if not started...
Old 11-22-13, 11:46 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Honda has a goldmine in front of them and they don't even know it
Old 11-22-13, 11:46 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I have heard though that a lot of hardcore NSX and Honda fans are up in arms over the Ohio location. It's got nothing to do with "being capable" of building the car. This is supposed to represent "the best" of what Honda can do, yet it will be built at a plant that's not even close to their best plant.

I was just on NSXprime. Glancing through a few pages worth, most of the people are happy the car is coming and the response was positive. Very little, if any mentioning of country of origin.
Old 11-22-13, 12:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Honda has a goldmine in front of them and they don't even know it
not sure what you mean, i'm sure they're excited about their r&d... as are all manufacturers (whether delusional or not ), whether or not it works out is a whole other thing...
Old 11-22-13, 12:18 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I was just on NSXprime. Glancing through a few pages worth, most of the people are happy the car is coming and the response was positive. Very little, if any mentioning of country of origin.
The country of origin isn't as important as it used to be.

If they decided to build the NSX in Japan, you'd have people (no names mentioned) saying it shows a total lack of confidence in their U.S. plant where most Acura's are built. Damned if they do - Damned if they don't.

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News