Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-16, 09:04 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hknubsauce
Being a sports car enthusiast, which I am, doesn't equate to being a fanboy. A fanboy is someone who lets his obsessions/passions over something override normal social graces. Hence my opinion that your experiences w/ 90's and 00's sportscars, is skewing/lessening your opinion of the new NSX. My point is that your opinions about the new NSX seem as if you're writing the car off as being boring before even getting behind the wheel of one. Comparing the 20year old NSX equipped w/ archaic tech to a newly introduced NSX w/ modern tech is like comparing apples to oranges, its not pragmatic. I am totally w/ you on your desire for cars that provide drivers feedback, I daily and track a modded s2000, and to this day, it's still one of the best driver's car I've experienced, it's my apple. But having said that, I am still able to separate my love for the s2000, and enjoy the heck out of the different night and day driving feel I'd get driving a modern day tech riddled sports car, the orange. Just last night, my friend let me spiritedly drive his new ftype S. It took some getting used to, since shifting via paddle shifters felt unengaging, the steering felt numb, and it wasn't nearly as nimble compared to my s2000, but i'd be lying if it's straight line acceleration, and backfiring noises at downshifts didn't get my blood boiling...and I did quite enjoy it's refined ride feel.

So, let me get this straight. You are arguing (your) opinion that it is a superior vehicle compared to older vehicles because of new technological advances (you have made that clear, lets not deny that is your argument). You are telling me my opinion on the NSX is flawed because I have never driven one and am basing it on my past experiences with 90's sports cars. Mind you, although I have not corrected your assumptions, it is not entirely based on 90's sports cars, and I do not live in a world where I am clouded by anything new. I welcome greatness. I have experience with MANY different types of vehicles. At the end of the day, you are arguing something you have never experienced as well it seems. Correct me if I am wrong? I think it is safe to say you have not been behind the wheel of the new generation NSX as well..

In your last statement above, you clearly are saying your s2000 has a greater feel than your friends "FTYPES". Self explanitory... You are literally agreeing to my theory..

So, let me ask you this...What is YOUR opinion based on? Have you had a chance to drive the NSX to argue it is a better vehicle compared to the old nsx? I think your opinion and argument to my statements are invalid unless you have experienced the particular car in question. Until then, we are just arguing opinion on what we apparently think of the car based on press, social media, videos, specs, history, heritage, etc., Right?

I find that more often times that not, that experience only heightens what you perceived of the car. What you believe prior to your experience with the car. will generally be how you feel after.

At least we have a couple of things in common. You like Lexus, or own one and you have (or had) and s2000 before. I sold mine back in 2004, so I can agree to whatever you are saying about the s2000.
Old 03-28-16, 12:28 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Skylar978
So, let me get this straight. You are arguing (your) opinion that it is a superior vehicle compared to older vehicles because of new technological advances (you have made that clear, lets not deny that is your argument). You are telling me my opinion on the NSX is flawed because I have never driven one and am basing it on my past experiences with 90's sports cars. Mind you, although I have not corrected your assumptions, it is not entirely based on 90's sports cars, and I do not live in a world where I am clouded by anything new. I welcome greatness. I have experience with MANY different types of vehicles. At the end of the day, you are arguing something you have never experienced as well it seems. Correct me if I am wrong? I think it is safe to say you have not been behind the wheel of the new generation NSX as well..

In your last statement above, you clearly are saying your s2000 has a greater feel than your friends "FTYPES". Self explanitory... You are literally agreeing to my theory..

So, let me ask you this...What is YOUR opinion based on? Have you had a chance to drive the NSX to argue it is a better vehicle compared to the old nsx? I think your opinion and argument to my statements are invalid unless you have experienced the particular car in question. Until then, we are just arguing opinion on what we apparently think of the car based on press, social media, videos, specs, history, heritage, etc., Right?

I find that more often times that not, that experience only heightens what you perceived of the car. What you believe prior to your experience with the car. will generally be how you feel after.

At least we have a couple of things in common. You like Lexus, or own one and you have (or had) and s2000 before. I sold mine back in 2004, so I can agree to whatever you are saying about the s2000.
I think his respond was directed at me hahahahaa. I couldnt have said it any better than you!
Old 04-01-16, 07:21 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2017 Acura NSX is no hotrod, but it sure is fast.
Old 04-11-16, 04:44 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

We've waited long enough for Honda to release a new NSX, haven't we? When the original NSX emerged in the 90s, it matched it's rivals on road and track, while being one of the most daily usable supercars on the market. Can the new NSX regain the title of the ultimate everyday supercar?
Old 04-11-16, 05:48 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

That was a friendly review. He got me correct too, not the guy who is going to buy a Huracan or an R8.

My order has moved up to the all configurations locked stage (whatever that means) and my dealer is trying to see if he can get some info on when the build date will be.
Old 04-11-16, 08:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

reviewer (typically db) ends with "there's not a lot to dislike about it" but i don't recall him stating anything he didn't like.

showed the car off pretty well though - incredibly flat handling on the track.

and if all that complexity can handle the endless beating on the track by reporters, well it must say something for the reliability.
Old 04-12-16, 07:22 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
That was a friendly review. He got me correct too, not the guy who is going to buy a Huracan or an R8.

My order has moved up to the all configurations locked stage (whatever that means) and my dealer is trying to see if he can get some info on when the build date will be.

I understand why he would say Huracan since that car is way more "raunchy" if you put it in Sport or Corsa mode HOWEVER if you drive the car in Strada mode the car is almost as tame as my wife's hybrid CT but with more kick The only thing the Huracan has over the new NSX is wow factor from the badge at that point since looks are always subjective.

Having owned a few R8's now I can say the car is an awesome daily driver mid engine car. I'm also excited to see/drive the new NSX so we'll wait to pass judgement.

When do you get your new NSX?
Old 04-12-16, 08:28 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

My dealer said my car will be the 160th built and estimates June.

There are too many unknowns (actual date cars will roll off the line, daily build rate, weekly build rate, potential production line and/or supplier issues) to have any confidence though.
Old 04-12-16, 08:55 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer said my car will be the 160th built and estimates June.

There are too many unknowns (actual date cars will roll off the line, daily build rate, weekly build rate, potential production line and/or supplier issues) to have any confidence though.

Must be exciting!

My local dealer used their first allocation to build a white one with red leather interior, full options so they told me the sticker would be around $200k. They are giving me the option to buy it when it arrives so we'll see how that turns out. Supposedly the car will arrive mid July.
Old 04-12-16, 09:04 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Are they looking to tack on a market adjustment?

I am looking forward to the car but Acura has done a really sheety job at bringing the car forward in terms of timing, transparency and processes

In reality the company excels at building great stuff when given the chance (NSX gen 1, S2000 and this car) but is bad at critical decision making (allowing ZDX to see the light of day)
Old 04-14-16, 06:18 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
My local dealer used their first allocation to build a white one with red leather interior, full options so they told me the sticker would be around $200k. They are giving me the option to buy it when it arrives so we'll see how that turns out. Supposedly the car will arrive mid July.
Wait, so they're letting dealers take first allocations rather than actual customers? MSRP markup time!
Old 04-14-16, 07:03 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Markups without dealer taking first allocations.

I went into a big local dealer and the owner's son said you can have our first allocation for $50K over sticker.

A few of the Chicagoland dealers were taking bids over sticker to auction the allocations.

I went out of state and found a friendly family dealership who was at MSRP and gave me their third allocation.

Guy number 2 dropped out for financial reasons and I become guy number 2.

Guy number 1 decided to wait for financial reasons and I became guy number 1 and then order the car.

Now it s a hurry up and wait thing.

There is some blah blah out there that the factory is already running but trying to get much info out of Acura is a losing proposition.

Thankfully, it appears that it will be a good car for old sloths like me and they are putting a lot of effort into producing something well in the US.
Old 04-14-16, 08:18 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

I went into a big local dealer and the owner's son said you can have our first allocation for $50K over sticker.
reason eight billion why i hate dealer sales...
Old 04-14-16, 08:24 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

If you are in a city like Chicago with a lot of high income/net worth folks and an at least mild to moderate car culture, unfortunately many of the dealers will act badly.

Thankfully with a little internet searching and iPhone use, a relationship with a nice, honest dealer can be created.
Old 04-16-16, 11:39 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Acura's NSX isn't the game changer it was in 1990, but it is a solid entry in the sports car world. With handling and performance rivaling top Porsche 911 models, Ferrari's 488 and more, the NSX puts Acura back on the map.

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News