Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-12, 01:10 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

good luck!
Old 09-25-12, 05:51 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Lol....

"just today outside the mall i walked up to the car and saw 3 ladies in their 60s complimenting about my car. that was awkward".

What would you expect from a car that old???? Lol......just kidding!

Congrats on the NSX, still looks futuristic till this day.

Enjoy!!
Old 09-25-12, 06:17 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

I lost all of my words. Beautiful car and GREAT wife indeed.

Let me guess that she might be Asian, just because almost every Asian women I know wants a WHITE car and they might have 2-3-4 white ones in the garage already.

I have YET to have the chance to just sit in an Acura NSX...so jealous.
Old 09-25-12, 08:29 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Please invite me to your party
Originally Posted by rominl
yes henry, we should meet!!!
Yeah, we all definitely should meet.....have a little mini honda meet.

PM me if you ever want to meet up on a Saturday

attention is definitely a big problem with this car... people stare at me left and right and it's embarrassing... just today outside the mall i walked up to the car and saw 3 ladies in their 60s complimenting about my car. that was awkward.
Oh, you're going to get a looot of attention with this car. It's a sausage magnet

I did have one elderly lady in 60s took a picture of mine too
Old 09-25-12, 09:39 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

first thing I would do is change every fluid in the car.

does it have a timing belt or chain? if its a belt, I'd change that too + water pump.
Old 09-25-12, 10:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by jsl757
Wow - glad you got it! He actually listed it for sale about 2 or 3 years ago as well, I guess he got cold feet about selling it back then.
actually that was the previous owner. that owner had to go back to med school and had to sell the car. seriously, internet and people are amazing. in 3 weeks' time i dug up so much info about the car, i pretty much have all the ideas on how the previous owners drive and treat the car

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
nice car! always dreamed of picking up an NSX because my neighbor had one. I cant justify paying so much for an old car tho!
yup, trust me i had a hard time writing that check as well considering it's 10 year old. but guess what? the prices of nsx has been going up steadily over the past 3 years. 08/09 was a dip coz' of economy, but since then... to give you perspective, my nsx? the price went up by 8k in 3 years and 6k miles. and even a good NA1 with decent miles you are looking at mid 30s.

that's one big reason why we decided on the nsx. it's more money now, but it's almost like an investment, in a sense you don't lose much money at all. well i hope so...

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
"just today outside the mall i walked up to the car and saw 3 ladies in their 60s complimenting about my car. that was awkward".

What would you expect from a car that old???? Lol......just kidding!

Congrats on the NSX, still looks futuristic till this day.

Enjoy!!
hahhaa i knew someone would say that indeed, i have kids saying it's a cool car but i have a feeling they don't know what it is

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I lost all of my words. Beautiful car and GREAT wife indeed.

Let me guess that she might be Asian, just because almost every Asian women I know wants a WHITE car and they might have 2-3-4 white ones in the garage already.

I have YET to have the chance to just sit in an Acura NSX...so jealous.
thanks for the kind words. actually, they all look american

nsx is a very different car, it needs some getting used to, but after that....

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Yeah, we all definitely should meet.....have a little mini honda meet.

PM me if you ever want to meet up on a Saturday

Oh, you're going to get a looot of attention with this car. It's a sausage magnet

I did have one elderly lady in 60s took a picture of mine too
weekend is hard for me and yes, attention... i have cars slowing down on the freeway side by side to look at my car

Originally Posted by bagwell
first thing I would do is change every fluid in the car.

does it have a timing belt or chain? if its a belt, I'd change that too + water pump.
yes, big service is scheduled already. water pump, timing belt, valve adjustment, cam work, plugs, all fluids. one time big cost, but after that it's a breeze
Old 09-25-12, 10:54 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man NSX is one of the legends in automotive history......I just love the car. Whenever I see one on the street I would twist my head however I can to see as long as I could.......what an iconic sports/super car to have. Nevermind the technologies and infortainment stuff, nowadays you could get those galore in an Accord. NSX is for the drive, the feel, the soul, the look, the satisfaction. Congratulations. My suggestion is to keep it as stock as possible except adding paint protection film to your valuable car. But just my opinion.

Last edited by TwiBlueG35; 09-25-12 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-25-12, 11:26 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Henry!!! I saw one this morning entering the highway behind me in a "sunburst" color and thought, "Wow... what an awesome car!!!"

I have to admit, would love to own a play "coupe" (you're right... INCREDIBLE wife )... but then... you know me... I'd never actually buy one

Congrats again my friend!!!!!

Russ
Old 09-25-12, 11:40 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

weekend is hard for me
friday afternoon
Old 09-25-12, 12:19 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats! Probably my next car as well!
Old 09-25-12, 12:27 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, can't believe you found a rare gem so soon! I love white NSX! Specially the NA2!

And it's nice to have a wife that into cars, my wife hates cars so everytime I change car she will get mad.
Old 09-25-12, 12:49 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Henry, this is unexpected. Congrats on the NSX...perfect family car
Old 09-25-12, 12:55 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Long story short, after one great year of ownership on the S550, we decided to sell the car before the value takes another hit in the market. It’s been super solid and a fantastic car to drive, never really gave us any problems either.
Wow Henry, you are the man! I think you'll find many NSX fans on clublexus who want to share your experiences with the car so keep us informed. I guess I could always check in over at NSXprime.com for whats going on though.

One comment/question about your comment on getting rid of the Benz because of the declining value.
I'm curious about why people think so much about car values when making decisions.
Don't we buy cars to drive them? They are going to lose value just pulling out of the dealership so if you like it you like it. I can't see getting rid of a car I really like because the value is dropping. I just can't wrap my brain around that. It is incongruent with car enthusiam.

Turned out I made comments more than questions.
Old 09-25-12, 02:15 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

back in the game is right! congrats again don't make the same mistake myself and Matt did.
Old 09-25-12, 02:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
friday afternoon
henry, get chris to come out friday afternoon earlier, i might be able to make it

Originally Posted by ST430
Congrats! Probably my next car as well!
do it! we can definitely use a few more NSX owners!

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Wow, can't believe you found a rare gem so soon! I love white NSX! Specially the NA2!

And it's nice to have a wife that into cars, my wife hates cars so everytime I change car she will get mad.
no kidding, i got really lucky. no one believed 2 months and i got the car. a lot of people spend 6 months easily to find something. fwiw, of the 2 months, this was the ONLY nsx that really moved me. quite a few others for sale, but none of them got me hooked

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Wow Henry, this is unexpected. Congrats on the NSX...perfect family car
hahha, thanks jay. yup this is as family car as it can get it does sit pretty funny beside our SUV

Originally Posted by Ice350
Wow Henry, you are the man! I think you'll find many NSX fans on clublexus who want to share your experiences with the car so keep us informed. I guess I could always check in over at NSXprime.com for whats going on though.

One comment/question about your comment on getting rid of the Benz because of the declining value.
I'm curious about why people think so much about car values when making decisions.
Don't we buy cars to drive them? They are going to lose value just pulling out of the dealership so if you like it you like it. I can't see getting rid of a car I really like because the value is dropping. I just can't wrap my brain around that. It is incongruent with car enthusiam.

Turned out I made comments more than questions.
thanks reggie. for sure i will update on clublexus. no matter what i still spend the most time on clublexus anyway.

i don't mind car losing values leaving the lot, but at the same time i don't think it's something i ignore completely. there is a value to everyone. getting a 10k car i can completely forget about it and not feel anything. but while i can get a ferrari if i want (and i would love to), it doesn't mean i don't feel that kind of depreciation. it has to do with how much you want the car and other factors.

to me all cars are disposable, and there is always a sweet spot for them. i can like a car but if my like isn't out weighed by the cost, then i have no problem getting rid of it. that's the reason behind changing cars anyway. the s550 is a fantastic car and we enjoyed driving it. but it's know that after certain point, the value of the takes another big hit (few grands drop suddenly) and to me that doesn't make sense. not to mention next year the new s class is here and the w221 will take another dump. so with all those factors, why not sell the car when the value is still good and look for something better?

there are cars you buy because you really like it, like my gs400 (first lexus), sc430 (special), and ls460l (dream). but obviously i got rid of all of them. and then there are cars you get them because well, you need to get from point a to b. my cars like is300, gs350, m3, and s550, they are cars in this category. that doesn't make me not like the cars, but i won't fight with my wallet to keep them

Quick Reply: Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura