Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-12, 02:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
back in the game is right! congrats again don't make the same mistake myself and Matt did.
yes, i am definitely trying to keep this!
Old 09-25-12, 02:28 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice car, congrats on your new ride
Old 09-26-12, 12:25 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. Congrats.
Old 09-26-12, 03:34 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't read all the posts but I gonna sa y it even if its already been covered.....you gotta put on a nice set of 19's with a slight drop. I wouldn't do a lot but I would definitely put on a front splitter and rear diffuser.
I'd prolly paint the roof black then call it a day for the outside.

Next, I'd modernize the electronics, do some black wood or carbon fiber touches to the dash and console definitely some black floormats. Might even do some black center to the seats. That white is going to be a pain to keep clean.

Well, thats my vision for this beauty. I'm sure you have your own. Have fun with her.
Old 09-26-12, 05:26 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome. I'm so glad you finally were able to get one, White/White is a super rare car. If you ever think of selling it let me know. I'm putting my current NSX up for sale soon to jump into an NA2 and possibly an 02+ myself.
Old 09-26-12, 09:19 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Congratulations Henry! My Mom and Dad have a '94 berlina black on black. They are great cars.
Old 09-26-12, 10:05 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

omgawwwwd so happy for you
Old 09-26-12, 10:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks again everyone. one thing for sure i need to tone down on my driving more. it's not like i want to drive aggressively, but knowing how capable the car is, i just tend to drive "more" and "more"...

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Awesome. I'm so glad you finally were able to get one, White/White is a super rare car. If you ever think of selling it let me know. I'm putting my current NSX up for sale soon to jump into an NA2 and possibly an 02+ myself.
thanks chris! yes, remember it was 04 when we first met and how much i love your car? gosh, been so long already. if you look at my prime account, it was first setup in 04!!! i drove the NA1 and now i have the NA2, NA2 is quite a bit faster and i think it's a lot more fun to drive. i don't know if it's the 96 i drove or what, but clutch on that was funny, engagement point very high up. mine feels more natural.

Originally Posted by link13
Congratulations Henry! My Mom and Dad have a '94 berlina black on black. They are great cars.
yes, and these cars go on forever!
Old 09-26-12, 11:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Congrats Henry. So happy for you buddy
Old 09-26-12, 11:32 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats Henry, nice find!

I don't know if I told you, I loved the NSX from the bottom of my heart, I was a huge fan (who doesn't, I think most real car enthusiast love the NSX). I even went to the NSX Fiesta in Suzuka in 2001 when Shigehara Uehara personally unveiled the NA2 NSX-R in a private party. If you truely love the NSX, go to one of these NSX Fiesta that they have every year, it is a lot of fun!

http://www.nsxcj.com/e_fiesta01.htm

Too bad this NSX never quite fit my needs in all phases of my life so far, like right now I can't give up the power top of my SC430 for the manual panel on the NSX. Thanks to my friend who had one, I had extensive seat time on the street and the track, so in a way I felt like I actually owned one.

Enjoy it for me, it is a fantastic car
Old 09-26-12, 12:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Congrats Henry. So happy for you buddy
thanks tammer!

Originally Posted by BNR34
Congrats Henry, nice find!

I don't know if I told you, I loved the NSX from the bottom of my heart, I was a huge fan (who doesn't, I think most real car enthusiast love the NSX). I even went to the NSX Fiesta in Suzuka in 2001 when Shigehara Uehara personally unveiled the NA2 NSX-R in a private party. If you truely love the NSX, go to one of these NSX Fiesta that they have every year, it is a lot of fun!

http://www.nsxcj.com/e_fiesta01.htm

Too bad this NSX never quite fit my needs in all phases of my life so far, like right now I can't give up the power top of my SC430 for the manual panel on the NSX. Thanks to my friend who had one, I had extensive seat time on the street and the track, so in a way I felt like I actually owned one.

Enjoy it for me, it is a fantastic car
wow, that's fantastic event in suzuka! awesome stuff! yeah it's a curve ball for sure, most couldn't imagine i ended up with the nsx. i missed the s2k (age) but i am glad i am able to get into the nsx now while i still can!
Old 09-26-12, 12:32 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
wow, that's fantastic event in suzuka! awesome stuff! yeah it's a curve ball for sure, most couldn't imagine i ended up with the nsx. i missed the s2k (age) but i am glad i am able to get into the nsx now while i still can!
Definitely a good time to get into one, as it is looking like the next NSX won't be anywhere as cool as the original one.
Old 09-26-12, 12:42 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

The car looks amazing in white. I've never seen a newer white NSX before so it definitely must be rare.
Old 09-26-12, 12:54 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

vtec type-R? vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv tec tec tec tec tec tec
jk

those are so rare. congrats again
Old 09-26-12, 02:42 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl

thanks chris! yes, remember it was 04 when we first met and how much i love your car? gosh, been so long already. if you look at my prime account, it was first setup in 04!!! i drove the NA1 and now i have the NA2, NA2 is quite a bit faster and i think it's a lot more fun to drive. i don't know if it's the 96 i drove or what, but clutch on that was funny, engagement point very high up. mine feels more natural.

The NSX is the only car I totally missed after selling and had to buy another one. I ended up selling my white one and last year bought a Berlina Black just to get back in the game. Now I'm about ready to sell this one and move into an NA2. I really love the Coupe and manual steering though so I'm torn. I drove a Long Beach Blue 02 and it was great, but I did miss the manual steering on the early NA1s. I can live with it though. My NA1 has a lot of the 02 cosmetic updates already. My friend had an 05 White/Camel, but White/White is a super rare bird.

Quick Reply: Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura