Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura

Old 09-24-12, 08:22 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
haha of course! funny thing is when my wife told me to start looking at the NSX (yes, she approved it), she said please make sure we only get manual tranny.

oh i love her
congrats on the awesome wife too

great pick up!
Old 09-24-12, 08:53 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Gorgeous. Post more pictures (with a real camera next time) for us to see!!
Old 09-24-12, 09:13 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Fantastic color combo !!
Old 09-24-12, 09:19 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great pick up! and wife!!
Old 09-24-12, 09:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

congrats, wow. had the honor of driving an nsx one time, and it's amazing.
Old 09-24-12, 09:34 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

man, i hate you! leaving me all by myself in the dark side.
Old 09-24-12, 09:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thanks everyone. i figure i should get the car we really want, and i can honestly say i have one less item on my bucket list

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Now that you are posting about this, I must disclose to everyone that I did contribute to this irresponsible behavior by encouraging Henry to buy such a pimp daily driver. It is one of nine ever made in that color combo and one of only twenty four white '02+ NSXs imported to the US.

And now fanbois will line the street wherever you go, snapping photos and gawking as you drive past. It'll probably be the only white 02+ NSX they will ever see in person, and there it is at some innocuous spot like the drive through at In'N'Out or at the dry cleaners.

Sorry dude. Please tint your windows.
yes, i am blaming mike for everything. put it this way, my initial budget was only mid 30s at best. but after about 8873489576 emails with mike, i ended up paying this crazy amount for a 10 year old car. what was i thinking!

attention is definitely a big problem with this car... people stare at me left and right and it's embarrassing... just today outside the mall i walked up to the car and saw 3 ladies in their 60s complimenting about my car. that was awkward.

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Congratulations you lucky bastard! Took you long enough
Wish I could've gone with you for that road trip

Me too. After my sister's 01 civic crappy transmission gave out early, I didn't want to deal with a honda either.

We need to meet up!!!

^^^
Insurance alone for mine is verrry cheap. I pay about $600/yr, but mine is not a DD like Henry's.
Originally Posted by GSteg
Please invite me to your party
yeah, wish one of you could have gone with me. the drive down was boring in a sense i had no one to talk to. but then again i was trying to figure out everything about the car and enjoy the "whining" behind my left ear

yes henry, we should meet!!!

Originally Posted by bagwell
damn, must be nice....my wife will NOT drive a stick anymore
lol certain she is different. even when we got our 08 m3, she said ONLY 6mt.

Originally Posted by Och
Faster than V8 M3?
m3 has v8 but my car was also freaking 4100lb. since day 1 i said i could feel the weight on that car. and driving the nsx further confirms that. maybe from 80-130 pull the m3 will win coz' of the v8, but on lower speed roll, the nsx is so light and fast.

not to mention if i care about straight speed only, i would get any amg and be done. but the overall speed and handling, together with balance and feedback, the nsx is totally over the m3. and yes, it's really fast

Originally Posted by Mbenz528i
Awesome pick up! It is amazing that after a current M3, and S550 that this car feels/drives the best. Arguably, pound for pound, the best car ever made.
yup, i pretty much call the nsx legendary / classic. been thinking that way probably for the past decade and more.

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Lol just further proof that German cars are disposable fashion accessories.
yup, used euros are always good pick up and good thing is their reliability is picking up big time too the past few years. though over the past years i changed my lexus like once every 2 years too

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Great pick up

I have never seen this color combo

How many miles on it and how many owners?
yeah i had seen white on black a few times, white on white, this is a first

car is right over 50k miles, and i am the 4th owner. the car is so clean, in some way i am really tempted to drive it less

Originally Posted by UberNoob
congrats on the awesome wife too

great pick up!
yes, the thing about picking my wife, first white sc430, then white m3, and now white nsx. i am not showing her any white ferrari!

Originally Posted by superchan7
Gorgeous. Post more pictures (with a real camera next time) for us to see!!
yes, i will try. i feel so bad with the stupid cell phone pictures!

Originally Posted by STIG
man, i hate you! leaving me all by myself in the dark side.
hahahhaa, i didn't lie. i told you it's not euro. but i guess it's hard to guess outside of lexus

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Congrats Henry - super clean!
thanks dave! yes, for a 10 year old car with 50k miles, i am amazed at the condition especially interior. the bolster wear is minimal and leather on the seats and dash are not dry or wrinkled. i lucked out!
Old 09-24-12, 10:07 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

if you have too much money, you can mod it into Tony Stark NSX

same chassis.

Old 09-24-12, 10:08 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car Henry - I was close to picking up a NA1 a few months ago. Keep this gorgeous car stock!
Old 09-24-12, 10:21 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup, used euros are always good pick up and good thing is their reliability is picking up big time too the past few years. though over the past years i changed my lexus like once every 2 years too
S-classes depreciate like rocks, so I don't blame you for bailing. On the used car market I would personally go for an LS460 over any S-class any day.
Old 09-24-12, 11:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by pman6
if you have too much money, you can mod it into Tony Stark NSX

same chassis.

i don't know, that car still doesn't work for me

Originally Posted by jsl757
Awesome car Henry - I was close to picking up a NA1 a few months ago. Keep this gorgeous car stock!
oh really jeff? what's the hold up? do it! it's a very different car!

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
S-classes depreciate like rocks, so I don't blame you for bailing. On the used car market I would personally go for an LS460 over any S-class any day.
yup, considering that s class msrp is easily 20+ grands over ls460l and used market price is about the same, that's why i said picking up used mb can be a good deals. i owned both the ls460l and s550, you can read my review on the comparisons. i think it really depends on what you are looking for
Old 09-25-12, 12:09 AM
jsl757
Lead Lap

oh really jeff? what's the hold up? do it! it's a very different car!
I would have had to sell the F to purchase the one I want - I decided to keep it and found a nice AP2 s2k to add to our garage. I still would like to buy a nsx eventually, is yours from norcal - I remember seeing a NA2 with the same color combo on CL not too long back.
Old 09-25-12, 12:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jsl757
I would have had to sell the F to purchase the one I want - I decided to keep it and found a nice AP2 s2k to add to our garage. I still would like to buy a nsx eventually, is yours from norcal - I remember seeing a NA2 with the same color combo on CL not too long back.
lol yup that would be the one i flew up and drove back down quick day trip, it was insane. i got wind of the car the day it went on CL and started all the process

as far as i know there were at least another 3 interested parties, ended up a bidding game...
Old 09-25-12, 12:51 AM
jsl757
Lead Lap

lol yup that would be the one i flew up and drove back down quick day trip, it was insane. i got wind of the car the day it went on CL and started all the process

as far as i know there were at least another 3 interested parties, ended up a bidding game...
Wow - glad you got it! He actually listed it for sale about 2 or 3 years ago as well, I guess he got cold feet about selling it back then.
Old 09-25-12, 01:08 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

nice car! always dreamed of picking up an NSX because my neighbor had one. I cant justify paying so much for an old car tho!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura