Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

"Lexus CPO" - Is cost included in advertised selling price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 02:44 PM
JMp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Lexus CPO" - Is cost included in advertised selling price?

Hi,

Recently went to a Lexus dealer to buy a pre-owned certified Lexus. First time buying a Lexus. The salesrep tried to tack on an additional US $1K to the advertised price on this pre-owned Lexus and that turned me off.

When we click on the "Lexus CPO" logo on most of the Lexus dealer websites against cars that are offered as a certified pre-owned, the below text shows up.

"Because every Lexus Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle is thoroughly reconditioned and meticulously inspected, we can comfortably sell them with a Lexus three-year, 100,000 total vehicle mile limited warranty [1]. This, of course, is fully included in the purchase price.

For more information on the benefits of Lexus Certified Pre-Owned click here."

Does this mean that the 3 yr/100K warranty is included in the selling price advertised on the Lexus dealer's web site?

Thanks in advance.

Jay M.
Old 09-24-12, 05:49 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always found that a vehicle advertised as CPO, whether Lexus or another luxury brand, included the CPO warranty in the price. However, I have had Cadillac and other domestic dealers quote me a price for a used car that had just come in and say that it would be an extra $1K if I wanted it certified.
Old 09-24-12, 06:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by JMp
Hi,

Recently went to a Lexus dealer to buy a pre-owned certified Lexus. First time buying a Lexus. The salesrep tried to tack on an additional US $1K to the advertised price on this pre-owned Lexus and that turned me off.

When we click on the "Lexus CPO" logo on most of the Lexus dealer websites against cars that are offered as a certified pre-owned, the below text shows up.

"Because every Lexus Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle is thoroughly reconditioned and meticulously inspected, we can comfortably sell them with a Lexus three-year, 100,000 total vehicle mile limited warranty [1]. This, of course, is fully included in the purchase price.

For more information on the benefits of Lexus Certified Pre-Owned click here."

Does this mean that the 3 yr/100K warranty is included in the selling price advertised on the Lexus dealer's web site?

Thanks in advance.

Jay M.
I'm confused, what was the $1000 for?
Old 09-25-12, 05:48 AM
JMp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I'm confused, what was the $1000 for?
The additional $1000 was for the 3yr/100K warranty.

Thanks,
JMp
Old 09-25-12, 05:49 AM
JMp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by caddyowner
I've always found that a vehicle advertised as CPO, whether Lexus or another luxury brand, included the CPO warranty in the price. However, I have had Cadillac and other domestic dealers quote me a price for a used car that had just come in and say that it would be an extra $1K if I wanted it certified.
Thanks caddyowner
Old 09-25-12, 05:56 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

every Lexus I've ever looked at CPO the list price was the price INCLUDING the CPO. If they are trying to be shady go to another dealer.
Old 09-25-12, 05:59 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by JMp
The additional $1000 was for the 3yr/100K warranty.

Thanks,
JMp
When they advertised the vehicle as Lexus Certified Pre-Owned, this includes the 3yr/100k miles warranty and the price they asked for includes this already because in order for the car to be a Lexus Certified Pre-Owned the dealer must perform 161 points inspections, brakes, tires, fluids......must be in good shapes. Now, after all of those are performed and if buyers don't one to pay for $1k to get the 3/100k - are they going to take these out of the car?

If they listed the car as CPO for $xxxxx.xx then add $1k to it if you want the 3/100k miles warranty then you need to talk to the owner of that dealer and Lexus of USA.

If the car is NOT CPO then adding $1k to make if CPO....but they just pay them $1k for CPO, make sure they perform ALL items listed in the CPO standard.

Good luck.