Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 06:43 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lf-cc vs lf-lc

Old 09-18-12, 08:37 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by F1Driver
LF-CC stands for Lexus Future - Compact Coupe which equates to the next generation IS coupe???
I figured LF-CC stood for Lexus Future - Compact Coupe. It could also stand for Lexus Future - Closed Coupe since it's a fixed hardtop coupe and not open such as a convertible.

Curious if Lexus will make keep a convertible IS?

I would assume we'll get a hybrid IS sedan and hybrid IS coupe?

Last edited by Trexus; 09-18-12 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-18-12, 10:40 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dunno.. the front looks way too bulky and isn't nearly as sleek as the sexy LF-LC. The rear looks good from directly behind but kinda awkward from an angle. The interior is top notch, though how much of the high quality stuff will be retained when translated to production is yet to be seen. All in all it's great to see Lexus finally getting serious about competing in the luxury coupe segment.
Old 09-18-12, 11:20 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by F1Driver
LF-CC stands for Lexus Future - Compact Coupe which equates to the next generation IS coupe???
Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Yes, its already been confirmed that the LF-CC will preview the next gen IS.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...#ixzz26l9wLbcS
There are many styling cues on the LF-CC that will be found on the coupe version of the IS. Not as radical as the concept but the similarities are great. So great in fact that the IS sedan will be the most aggressive in the segment.

Check out post #5 and use your imagination a little. I suggest having the post on one side of the screen and a front/side/rear of the LF-CC on the other side to best imagine the real deal

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rst-again.html
Old 09-18-12, 11:21 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus

Curious if Lexus will make keep a convertible IS?
Just my opinion but Lexus doesn't seem able to make a vert that is aesthetically pleasing. We've had the SC430 and IS C vert and both look weird with bulbous rear ends.
Old 09-18-12, 11:28 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by ydooby
Dunno.. the front looks way too bulky and isn't nearly as sleek as the sexy LF-LC. The rear looks good from directly behind but kinda awkward from an angle.

The interior is top notch, though how much of the high quality stuff will be retained when translated to production is yet to be seen. All in all it's great to see Lexus finally getting serious about competing in the luxury coupe segment.
Apples and oranges . LF-LC will be a 6-Series/SL competitor. A true luxury sport GT coupe/vert while the LF-CC will be a more mainstream sport luxury coupe/vert against the likes of A5/S5, upcoming 4-Series etc..

As for the interior two things. The layout WILL be like the concept ie recessed navi, remote touch, Eco Normal Sport mode dial, analog clock etc.. but that's the exact same layout currently on the 4GS, which the IS cabin nearly mirrors it's bigger brother. Material wise, the LF-LC will have far nicer materials than the LF-CC which again is more mainstream. Not to say that the CC's won't be nice. If they use a grade of materials found on the GS then were good, the ES however has some of the worst cabin materials I've seen on a car of this caliber. We'll see but I believe we'll see the former
Old 09-18-12, 11:29 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Ice350
Just my opinion but Lexus doesn't seem able to make a vert that is aesthetically pleasing. We've had the SC430 and IS C vert and both look weird with bulbous rear ends.
You hit the nail on the head. Lexus if your listening, THAT is what you need to fix
Old 09-18-12, 11:45 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Love the interior!! Touchpad type Remote Touch would be awesome!
Old 09-18-12, 11:50 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pbm317

Love the interior!! Touchpad type Remote Touch would be awesome!
I'm loving the tach/speedo reminiscent of the LFA. And Lexus really should bring this touch-screen-based Remote Touch to production. It'll bring to cool factor of the interior upwards by 100x.
Old 09-18-12, 12:09 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Apples and oranges . LF-LC will be a 6-Series/SL competitor. A true luxury sport GT coupe/vert while the LF-CC will be a more mainstream sport luxury coupe/vert against the likes of A5/S5, upcoming 4-Series etc..
You got it:

LF-LC = SL, 6-series.........$100k~$150k.

LF-CC = C-Class, 3-series..........$40k~$55k.

A $50k car is not going to looks and feels like a $120k car.

Last edited by BNR34; 09-18-12 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-18-12, 03:58 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

As far as the photo comparison goes, I was only comparing the similarities of the styling on both cars. Grill, "checks" on the headlights, air-vents by the rear wheels.
Old 09-18-12, 04:10 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus LF-CC Revealed More

The Lexus LF-CC concept car set to debut next week at the 2012 Paris Auto Show gives us our best look yet at the upcoming 2014 Lexus IS, which has been confirmed to offer a new coupe variant along the lines of the latest concept. We now have a better look at the LF-CC itself thanks to a pair of videos that reveal for the first time the concept’s interior as well as giving us a look at the vehicle in motion.

It follows on from the award-winning LF-LC sports coupe concept that starred at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, but is smaller and more representative of Lexus’ future design themes.

Importantly, it also demonstrates Lexus’s commitment to creating cars that not only drive well and are packed with technology, but also look great and have more emotional appeal.

Some of the technology showcased on the LF-CC include full LED headlights, a powerful four-cylinder hybrid system, and new interface system with integrated touch-pad controller.

While much of the technology isn’t exactly groundbreaking, the styling of the LF-CC certainly is, at least, it is for a Lexus. The highlight, no doubt, is the grille, which is easily the boldest interpretation yet of Lexus’ spindle grille.

Viewed side-on, LF-CC shows off a strong convex curve all the way from the hood, through its steep-raked windscreen to a high point towards the rear of the cabin. At the rear the design is just as striking, being dominated by sharply creased flanks, more LED detailing and a neat shark fin antenna that integrates the center mounted brake light.

Lexus is about luxury and top quality, too, so the interior is swathed in plush leather that contrasts with the shiny exterior. The driver sits low and benefits from a driver-focused cockpit, a wide grip steering wheel, and high-visibility instrument dials. The center console is divided into two distinct zones: an upper, Display Zone, with a multi-display screen, and a lower, Operation Zone, which integrates a new gear lever design and the aforementioned touch-pad controller.

We don’t have long to wait now until the LF-CC’s reveal as the Paris Auto Show kicks off on September 27.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-in-new-videos
Old 09-18-12, 04:31 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BNR34
You got it:

LF-LC = SL, 6-series.........$100k~$150k.
Seeing how the LS 600h is already at $112k. I have a feeling the LF-LC will be priced around $120k-$150k.

Anyways, I think it seems to be gunning more at cars like the new 2014 BMW i8 ($120k) rather than the 6-Series ($80k).
Old 09-18-12, 05:27 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

WOW i love it! the interior color combo is gorgeous!! if only it made it to production (well i can dream lol)
Old 09-18-12, 06:27 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

someone had to do it I might add different colors later....

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show