Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show

Old 09-18-12, 07:53 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I like it. Good looking concept, much better then the forgettable IS convertible out now. I don't mind the rear end either, it has a nice old school look, I see a little Supra in it. It is not as sleek and long/low as a G37 coupe, the front is kind of chunky with that big grill, and I don't know about a 4 cly hybrid but overall I still like it. Interior looks nice but I don't like that big digital HVAC dash which is overkill to me, give me regular buttons and switches.

It looks like a cross between a IS, Scion FRS, A5 coupe, and the cancelled Audi R5 coupe with a little nod to the last Supra in the rear
Old 09-18-12, 08:46 PM
SB350
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some info on the 3IS which I'll share here since it relates to the LF-CC.

This evening I went to a grand opening event for Lexus of Santa Barbara and got to meet Stephen from Lexus Headquarters. Some of you may have met him at the Lexus of Westminster meet. He's the guy that showed up in the silver ISF CCS-R style prototype. I believe him to be a pretty credible source.

He shared some info with me regarding the 3IS. As we know, it's going to be released next June as a 2014 model with the same drivetrains as the current generation. However during the mid cycle refresh of the 3IS, the 250 model will get a twin turbo 4 cylinder engine, while the 350 will be upgraded to a twin turbo 6 cylinder with over 350 HP...which is what I'll be waiting for.

The convertible hardtop version will be replaced with a ragtop model.

The LF-CC concept will not be branded as an IS, but rather a new model to fit as a coupe between the IS and GS model.

The F-Sport IS model won't have the bumper bar across the spindle grill.
Old 09-18-12, 08:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

cool info and if that's close to the new IS - droooool.
Old 09-18-12, 09:40 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Thumbs up

That's awesome!
Appreciate the new info.

Originally Posted by SB350
However during the mid cycle refresh of the 3IS, the 250 model will get a twin turbo 4 cylinder engine, while the 350 will be upgraded to a twin turbo 6 cylinder with over 350 HP...which is what I'll be waiting for.

The LF-CC concept will not be branded as an IS, but rather a new model to fit as a coupe between the IS and GS model.

Twin turbo??? Yes!!!

Yuck!
Good thing I won't be in the market for vert, let alone a ragtop
Old 09-18-12, 10:00 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some info on the 3IS which I'll share here since it relates to the LF-CC.

This evening I went to a grand opening event for Lexus of Santa Barbara and got to meet Stephen from Lexus Headquarters. Some of you may have met him at the Lexus of Westminster meet. He's the guy that showed up in the silver ISF CCS-R style prototype. I believe him to be a pretty credible source.

He shared some info with me regarding the 3IS. As we know, it's going to be released next June as a 2014 model with the same drivetrains as the current generation. However during the mid cycle refresh of the 3IS, the 250 model will get a twin turbo 4 cylinder engine, while the 350 will be upgraded to a twin turbo 6 cylinder with over 350 HP...which is what I'll be waiting for.

This is groundbreaking news for the IS tuner community if true. Can anybody else confirm this?
Old 09-18-12, 10:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

so.... 2016? lol.
Old 09-18-12, 10:12 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I really love this interior!!
Old 09-18-12, 11:47 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't imagine what the ISF will get if the IS350 gets 350HP!!!
Old 09-19-12, 12:00 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Dammit...this is not going to come until probably Fall 2013 at the earliest....
Old 09-19-12, 12:14 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Twin turbo! Wish it come sooner!
Old 09-19-12, 12:25 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Imagine that engine in the GS, either as a standalone engine or as part of a GS hybrid. Drool.......
Old 09-19-12, 12:46 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called this along time ago, im happy lexus are goin the forced induction route for the IS350.

But really? ragtop? are u sure? that doesnt sound right

Originally Posted by spwolf
so.... 2016? lol.
yea seriously, WTF
Old 09-19-12, 03:22 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
so.... 2016? lol.
Yup. Even bigger LOL for GS if it's going to get new engines two years before it's replacement.

Anyway don't you think of this as spiritual successor to Supra? It sure looks like it, proper coupe roofline, RWD, nice punchy and healthy 6er inside.
Old 09-19-12, 08:39 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Yup. Even bigger LOL for GS if it's going to get new engines two years before it's replacement.

Anyway don't you think of this as spiritual successor to Supra? It sure looks like it, proper coupe roofline, RWD, nice punchy and healthy 6er inside.
I dont think they will come with it so late though... but IS300h will satisfy my needs imho :-).
Old 09-19-12, 09:12 AM
LexFather

I just hope Lexus/Toyota allow tuners to tune those engines. We all know how uncrackable their ECU is. One of the fun things about the German boosted engines if you can tune them very VERY cheaply with a chip/software.

Its great to see Lexus really awaken, offering more for enthusiasts. I am sure the market will respond nicely to these coupes!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show