Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Small Crossover Recommendations for Short Driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-12, 06:51 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Small Crossover Recommendations for Short Driver

My late-wife's parents mentioned they were looking for a new car earlier this summer. My ailing father-in-law can't drive very often so my mother-in-law, who's a bit under 5', is doing all the driving. She had her eye on a Lincoln MKZ or Ford Fusion sedan, which I thought were good options for her. However, my father-in-law overruled her and ended up ordering a 2013 Chevy Equinox which they are awaiting delivery of. In talking privately with my MIL this weekend, she is OK with the size and flexibility of the Equinox, but not with the close-to-the-airbag driving position, visibility, etc. I did some research and the Subaru Forester & Toyota Rav4 were cited as good small crossovers for short people. Are there any short folks among us who can recommend other options? My in-laws are in their mid-70s and this will likely be their last vehicle purchase. They prefer to buy domestic, new, and under $30K - but are open to foreign brands, late-model used, and could easily spend up to $40K. Nothing larger than an Equinox, though.
Old 09-05-12, 08:09 AM
Machog
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subaru Impreza, or if they need a bit more space Forester. Really well made, reliable, great in poor road conditions, hold their value.

Machog