Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota debuts new Mark X

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-12, 09:20 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely hot (and one of the sleeker-looking Toyota vehicles to-date).

Thing is though, the ones made in Japan are RHD only. They sell and manufacture LHD versions in Mainland China..........but I think it's only for domestic market only over there.
Old 08-28-12, 09:45 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That first one looks AMAZING!!
Old 08-28-12, 09:48 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

wish I could import one
Old 08-28-12, 03:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

This si what they should have made the Camry look like. I am assuming this is a JDM model only
Old 08-28-12, 03:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
This si what they should have made the Camry look like. I am assuming this is a JDM model only
this is FR (front engine, rear drive) vehicle that is based on IS/GS... so there is no way Camry can look like that.

I like the front and interior is classic nice Toyota/Lexus, but side profile and back is not that awesome...

I think new Avalon is great example of what next generation Toyota interiors should look like. They need to give those guys to do the interiors, as Japanese are always too cheapo when it comes to giving interior design priority.
Old 08-28-12, 03:22 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
I think new Avalon is great example of what next generation Toyota interiors should look like. They need to give those guys to do the interiors, as Japanese are always too cheapo when it comes to giving interior design priority.
Judging from the 3 chrome rings on the instrument cluster in the spy pic of the New Corolla's interior, I suspect that is already becoming a reality, for US-spec'd cars at least.
Old 08-28-12, 03:33 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ydooby
Judging from the 3 chrome rings on the instrument cluster in the spy pic of the New Corolla's interior, I suspect that is already becoming a reality, for US-spec'd cars at least.
Auris has those same 3 rings... it is just that someone told them "have chrome rings around instruments"

:-)

As you can see, European version got nicer instruments, while US got cheaper ones. They look a lot nicer than before though... but for instance this below is 2nd out of 4 versions in Europe, so nothing fancy, it is "best selling" configuration... but US version will probably be based on cheaper Japanese interior. While Euro top specs get leather dash and other goodies.

Of course Avalon is a LOT more expensive car... but...

Old 09-12-12, 06:26 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I just can't stop looking at the first car! OMG!
Old 12-23-14, 04:06 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Toyota Mark X GRMN unveiled

Click here to view more photos

Goes on sale in Japan next year

Toyota has taken the wraps off the limited edition Mark X GRMN.

Previewed by the GRMN Mark X concept, the production model is based on the Mark X 350S and features a new front bumper and a CFRP roof. The car also has black mirrors, a trunk-mounted spoiler and 19-inch alloy wheels.

Interior changes are relatively limited but the model comes nicely equipped with sport seats, a sport steering wheel and carbon fiber trim. Drivers will also find piano black accents, ultra suede upholstery and red contrast stitching.

Power is provided by a 3.5-liter V6 engine that develops 321 PS (236 kW) and 380 Nm (280 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a six-speed manual transmission which sends power to the ground via a Torsen limited-slip differential.

Speaking of performance, the Mark X GRMN has been equipped with a sport-tuned suspension, high-performance brakes and additional chassis reinforcements.

Production will be limited to 100 units and pricing starts at 5.4 million yen ($44,735 / €36,737 / £28,827).
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11412248...-grmn-unveiled
Old 12-23-14, 04:10 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default GRMN Mark X concept unveiled with rear-wheel drive & 320 HP

Click here to view more photos

Features an aerodynamic body kit and a carbon fiber roof

Gazoo Racing has unveiled the GRMN Mark X concept at the Tokyo AutoSalon.

Based on the Toyota Mark X, the concept has been equipped with an aerodynamic body kit that includes modified bumpers, revised side skirts and a rear spoiler. The car also has a carbon fiber roof, a dual exhaust system and 19-inch BBS forged aluminum wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A.
Interior changes are relatively limited but the cabin has sports seats, revised instrumentation and special floor mats.

Motivation is provided by a 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces more than 320 HP (235 kW) and 380 Nm (280 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a six-speed manual transmission that sends power to the rear wheels through a limited slip differential.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11401106...eel-drive--320
Old 12-23-14, 04:30 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow, I thought the GRMN nameplate would stay in concept form forever! This is awesome! And also awesome that a 320+ HP RWD sedan with a manual transmission from a japanese make actually exist even if only available in very limited quantities.

Is this a sign that a manual transmission Lexus IS/RC may come?! I hope so, but not going hold my breath.
Old 12-23-14, 04:48 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

RWD? Sweet!
Old 12-23-14, 04:52 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Can we replace the Camry with this please!?
Old 12-23-14, 09:44 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GFerg
Wow, I thought the GRMN nameplate would stay in concept form forever! This is awesome! And also awesome that a 320+ HP RWD sedan with a manual transmission from a japanese make actually exist even if only available in very limited quantities.

Is this a sign that a manual transmission Lexus IS/RC may come?! I hope so, but not going hold my breath.
it is certainly a sign that GR engine has now a manual transmission adaptation that can be used in any other GR engine implementation, such as IS for instance.

I just dont see enough people actually buying one to make it matter though... i guess they could do special version like this as well, just to appease fans and PR's.
Old 12-27-14, 03:46 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Drift Video Of Japan-Only 2015 Toyota Mark X GRMN Will Make You Super Jealous!

Aside from the boy-racer Scion FR-S and the seriously expensive Lexus LF-A supercar, Toyota is generally known for delivering rather generic four-door family sedans. Now, a tantalizing new 2015 Toyota Mark X GRMN sports sedan is slated to debut at the 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon.

The Toyota Mark X 350S is a popular front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sedan in Japan. To celebrate the model's market success, Toyota is introducing a special edition that is tuned by Toyota's specialized racing division known as GRMN (Gazoo Racing Masters of Nurburgring).

The new Toyota Mark X GRMN features the same 3.5 liter V6 engine as the standard 350S model. That said, 321hp and 280 lb.-ft. of torque is more than sufficient to make the 2015 Mark X GRMN a fun car to drive.
Extensive changes are made where it really counts, including a sporty six-speed manual transmission and a Torsen limited-slip differential.

In addition, the Mark X GRMN also features a sport-tuned suspension, performance brakes, chassis reinforcement, and a complete carbon fiber roof panel to lower the weight as well as the center of gravity at the same time.

Other changes done to the exterior include a new aero-front bumper with unique endplate winglets, black mirror caps, carbon fiber rear lip spoiler, a new bumper with rear aero diffuser, as well as quad-tip exhaust pipes. Finally, a meaty set of 19-inch wheels fit the car nicely.

Inside, the cabin is treated with carbon fiber trim on the dashboard and center console, a sporty three-spoke steering wheel finished in Alcantara, and special bucket seats in the front. Finally, Toyota will remove the center-infotainment system to save weight.

Combined with its old-school 6-speed manual gearbox and compact proportions, the new 6-cylinder Toyota Mark X GRMN sports sedan is arguably more true to the original iconic Lexus IS300 "Altezza" than its current bloated successor.

Unfortunately, the Toyota Mark X GRMN is limited to only 100 examples for Japan only. The car will go on sale in March 2015 for about 5.4 million yen, or $44,700 US dollars.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/dri...15-toyota.html

Quick Reply: Toyota debuts new Mark X