Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

new guy here and Q's about engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-12, 01:29 PM
tostidos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here and Q's about engines

Hey guys first off i want to say I dont own a lexus I own a Toyota Tacoma and I am building it to race 7200 in MORE series desert racing. That being said I have to remain 6 cyl and be a toyota engine. I hear rumor of a Lexus 6cyl that makes over 400 HP stock? is this true and can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance and if i decide to het this engine im sure ill be able to provide some valuable info while beating the hell out of it in the desert
Old 08-08-12, 01:35 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tostidos
Hey guys first off i want to say I dont own a lexus I own a Toyota Tacoma and I am building it to race 7200 in MORE series desert racing. That being said I have to remain 6 cyl and be a toyota engine. I hear rumor of a Lexus 6cyl that makes over 400 HP stock? is this true and can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance and if i decide to het this engine im sure ill be able to provide some valuable info while beating the hell out of it in the desert
There are no stock Toyota 6 cylinders that make 400hp, but 2JZ-GTE is easily modified to do that. However you want low end torque, so your best bet would be Toyota FZ engine - a 4.5L inline 6 thats pretty much bulletproof, with tons of low end torque, and a lot of untapped potential once you start beefing it up.
Old 08-08-12, 01:42 PM
tostidos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
There are no stock Toyota 6 cylinders that make 400hp, but 2JZ-GTE is easily modified to do that. However you want low end torque, so your best bet would be Toyota FZ engine - a 4.5L inline 6 thats pretty much bulletproof, with tons of low end torque, and a lot of untapped potential once you start beefing it up.
Ok cool now I forgot to mention a key factor, it has to be naturally aspirated. Is it posible just by making internal mods, I.E. Cam and such to get 450HP with out a charger?