Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lexus LS Unveiling

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-12, 03:01 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by SDkath
Gorgey!!!

wow, LS F-Sport, the most aggressive of them all? Nice!

I cant believe they have LED fogs, but finally, LED application from Lexus that looks menacing.
Old 07-27-12, 03:26 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
wow, LS F-Sport, the most aggressive of them all? Nice!

I cant believe they have LED fogs, but finally, LED application from Lexus that looks menacing.
This is probably the first Lexus model to get LED low/high beams outside of LS 600hL and other Lexus hybrids. I hope the rest of the LS line gets the full LCD speedo cluster like the 2010+ LS 600hL (standard across the LS line in Japan since '10).
Old 07-27-12, 03:42 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ls not is

Originally Posted by rkyat
I was thinking of that as well. I work in the Upper East Side of manhattan, (garage) and majority of flagship vehicles that come in are the 7 and S. However we do get a good amount of LS people. 7 and S have a diverse group of owners but the LS crowd always seems to be the older crowd. I'm not sure how the older crowd ( $$$ ) will like the new look. I Like it though!
Exactly... Lexus can't make this for the 2nd owner market because it has to have a 1st owner first and the avg. age of the 1st buyer is like 55. I know they are aiming to lower that 1st buyer age, but price point wise,
That is always tough...
Old 07-27-12, 05:53 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Looks great. Definitely a move to be more sporty. I'm curious though how this will affect the old man and woman's appeal. Those seem to be who buys these things and if they make it too "out there," they will be playing with fire.

The HS was the first with the spindle shape, then the CT. I don't see it with any IS.

With the above photo, they have lights and photoshop outlining the grille's frame. It will not stand out like that
in real life.
It looks FANTASTIC!

Lexus said they buyers are getting younger and the brand needs to reflect that, and it is good to see they are following through with that data. If you look at the new flagship designs they are more aggressive/bold in their designs now vs. being conservative, Lexus has made a mint off of a certain age group/generation who are now older and not buying new cars. It time to move forward with passion while being progressive or get left behind. Stick with what made you great but also show growth, I like this new direction, Lexus has finally awaken (LF-A shot in the arm) and they will be better for it.

Monday can't come quick enough now!
Old 07-27-12, 05:58 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
So the leaked pictures was the real deal. Wondering where the Chinese site got it from...

Strange that they changed the front and rear of the car but left the door handles alone...
My guess if Lexus is has outsourced printing their brochures etc, then that is how they got hands on the pictures.
Old 07-27-12, 06:14 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
which should hopefully help tone down the car.

i think it's good if lexus does what it takes to make their buyers younger. as of now lexus owners are very old and it's not good.

just like the s class going from w220 to w221, i think it was a lot of bold moves, lines, and design. initial response was mixed, but i think the car has aged well and help make mb younger now
I actually think the interior of the W220 looks "younger" and more modern than the interior of the W221, and IIRC you used to think that too , but the quality of the interior has improved over the W220 ......
Old 07-27-12, 06:19 AM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of exciting things happening!!!

Car looks awesome.
Old 07-27-12, 06:33 AM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm personally sad to see Lexus move away from a more conservative, executive, luxury look compared to the new sporty aggressive persona. I always imagined Acura to be that side of the import industry.

I just think that the current LS is much more classy, than this mean looking one. Unless a 60 year old man wants to feel young looking, I think this car will scare most retirees ****less.

Lexus should keep this sporty look to the IS. As soon as I saw the "F Sport" packages coming to other models I new it was going to go downhill.

However, I understand their competition...Audi, BMW, etc. They want, and need to compete in the track/performance industry...Just wish it didn't have to apply to every model, even if somewhat an option/package. The only new model that doesn't pull it off is the one that should, the GS. The ES just looks cleaner, less bloated.

Happy to see a more cosmetic facelift, than a rediculous new design. Those saying it looks like the old Audi flagship...GOOD.
Other brands are moving TOO FAST with their designs.

I'm already in love with that tractor beam straight window line ________
Old 07-27-12, 07:12 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Megafast13
I'm personally sad to see Lexus move away from a more conservative, executive, luxury look compared to the new sporty aggressive persona. I always imagined Acura to be that side of the import industry.

I just think that the current LS is much more classy, than this mean looking one. Unless a 60 year old man wants to feel young looking, I think this car will scare most retirees ****less.

Lexus should keep this sporty look to the IS. As soon as I saw the "F Sport" packages coming to other models I new it was going to go downhill.

However, I understand their competition...Audi, BMW, etc. They want, and need to compete in the track/performance industry...Just wish it didn't have to apply to every model, even if somewhat an option/package. The only new model that doesn't pull it off is the one that should, the GS. The ES just looks cleaner, less bloated.

Happy to see a more cosmetic facelift, than a rediculous new design. Those saying it looks like the old Audi flagship...GOOD.
Other brands are moving TOO FAST with their designs.

I'm already in love with that tractor beam straight window line ________
I agree.
I know Toyota execs are trying to go against the S Class AMG but the S Class AMG stays classy with the option.
An F-Sport LS460 will take away from the classiness of the vehicle.As does the spindle grill but maybe to a lesser extent..
Heck,I don't even like the F-Sport name and badge look.Maybe fits the IS.Should be just an S or SE after the model name.

Last edited by Joeb427; 07-27-12 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-27-12, 07:57 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Finally, one work that won't be used to describe lexus moving forward with design elements like this.... "conservative"!! I think this is the right direction for the LS,I like it a lot and although I respect what they did with previous models,it is a necessary change for the brand. The s class is an amazing looking car and so is the 7 series in terms of the executed design...its time for the LS to shine. Finally great looks go with long term reliability...great combo!
Old 07-27-12, 08:11 AM
modernx
Rookie

New Lexus LS with Minimal Disguise in South Korea:

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/bu...onal&No=423175

Last edited by modernx; 07-27-12 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-27-12, 08:11 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

you cant please everyone :-)
Old 07-27-12, 08:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

more pics huh? i guess lexus isn't as careful this time

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I actually think the interior of the W220 looks "younger" and more modern than the interior of the W221, and IIRC you used to think that too , but the quality of the interior has improved over the W220 ......
oh i agree with you! and i think w222 got even older. when i made my post i was more talking about the exterior design
Old 07-27-12, 09:22 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

looking very good!!!!
Old 07-27-12, 09:24 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

You can actually see from this image that the dash is different, I think the 12" navi is in there or maybe 14" ?

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus LS Unveiling