Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lexus LS Unveiling

Old 07-09-12, 09:01 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

This is going to be epic.

Anybody still unhappy about the spindle grill, don't get your hopes up.

Last edited by G Star; 07-09-12 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-09-12, 09:05 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I think that's an abomination.
+1

In a segment that sells such few cars, there are even fewer shopping for a flagship that would even consider a car like that, never mind actually buy one.
Old 07-09-12, 09:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by cmk1
Mr. Burns, since you are good with pics, and I am exact opposite, how does that compare to current LS?
Old 07-09-12, 09:16 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm really curious to see this car, especially the interior!
Old 07-09-12, 09:37 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice! Right in my hometown!!
Old 07-10-12, 12:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Interesting..I have not seen any recent sales data on the matter. I'm ready to buy..just need to find one with all the options I want..I know I can't pull off a brand new one buy my broker is on the hunt for a LWB..a 2010 600hL would be butter but they are still floating around $75k at auction pricing...so at what point do prices start to fall? At first rumor of new body, at actual release of new body or when they actually go on sale? As a fan of the LS..I hope this new body wows me more than the new GS did
prices usually take a big dump right after 3 years when first big wave of lease return pour in. for 2010 it's not time yet, that's why price is still higher
Old 07-10-12, 01:10 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New LS getting revealed july 30 http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...onth?fbfanpage
Old 07-10-12, 02:13 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Ahead of the event, which is scheduled for July 30, Lexus has confirmed that the 2013 LS will be available as the LS 460, LS 460 L long-wheelbase model, LS 600h L long-wheelbase hybrid sedan and the all-new LS 460 F Sport performance model.
so same engines with F-Sport model?
Old 07-10-12, 02:17 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

considering the call it "new" 2013 LS while they call F-Sport "all-new", i suspect it is really an facelift like RX and that we might not see large changes in interior, just exterior, especially f-sport. So some different colors inside, few materials changed, new steering wheel and thats about it... with f-sport having slightly different suspension and transmission, similar to Sport model we had last year and much more in-your-face grille?
Old 07-10-12, 03:15 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I guess it's going to be a "facelift".........but a major one. So I guess an FMC (Full Model Change) will probably follow after a year or two maybe.

Hmm......
I wonder if there will be an LS-F though (doesn't have to be now..........it can be for the next FULL MODEL CHANGE).
Old 07-10-12, 03:28 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
considering the call it "new" 2013 LS while they call F-Sport "all-new", i suspect it is really an facelift like RX and that we might not see large changes in interior, just exterior, especially f-sport. So some different colors inside, few materials changed, new steering wheel and thats about it... with f-sport having slightly different suspension and transmission, similar to Sport model we had last year and much more in-your-face grille?
Thing is that this model is getting old even tho it has aged really well. It was launched in 2006 as a 2007 model while the RX was launched in 2009 as a 2010 model, where the facelift makes more sense than a complete redesign. From my point of view I don't understand why Lexus didn't go for a full model change knowing that the S class is right at the corner. I got my fingers crossed hoping it's an all-new LS.

Originally Posted by Blackraven
So I guess it's going to be a "facelift".........but a major one. So I guess an FMC (Full Model Change) will probably follow after a year or two maybe.

Hmm......
I wonder if there will be an LS-F though (doesn't have to be now..........it can be for the next FULL MODEL CHANGE).
If I new F car must be made, I think the GS F should be the first one. It's much more reasonable than the LS F.
Old 07-10-12, 04:37 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

You never know, this could very well be the new model. Remember the 4GS also debuted with 6 year old engine and tranny. They might update the engine later on.....
Old 07-10-12, 05:10 AM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
+1

In a segment that sells such few cars, there are even fewer shopping for a flagship that would even consider a car like that, never mind actually buy one.
It all depends on where you are located. Where I live, S65s are common. (210k MSRP)

In Bozeman? Probably not. In LA or Miami, yes they would sell.

Cars like that are not made for high volume sales anyway. See: LF-A. (Which is almost sold out).

The main point is to draw attention to the brand, not the actual car. If Lexus followed your rationale, we would have never seen the LF-A or IS-F. This is a brand, in dire need of some performance vehicles.

I for one, would welcome any new TMG or F models. IMO it's critical if Lexus wants to increase sales.

Last edited by NoLFA4U; 07-10-12 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-10-12, 05:53 AM
Rob6656
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Cannot wait to see the new LS. The anticipation has been killing me.
Old 07-10-12, 06:01 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by NoLFA4U
It all depends on where you are located. Where I live, S65s are common. (210k MSRP)

In Bozeman? Probably not. In LA or Miami, yes they would sell.

Cars like that are not made for high volume sales anyway. See: LF-A. (Which is almost sold out).

The main point is to draw attention to the brand, not the actual car. If Lexus followed your rationale, we would have never seen the LF-A or IS-F. This is a brand, in dire need of some performance vehicles.

I for one, would welcome any new TMG or F models.
Well said and I agree!

I welcomed the progression of the brand to make exciting cars and push the envelope with new tech, Lexus has to change b/c their customers are changing and the brand needs to reflect that change. Lexus has made a mint off a certain domo but now its time to shake things up by moving forward (while keeping what made them great) or get left behind.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus LS Unveiling