Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lexus LS Unveiling

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-12, 04:59 PM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want this in a LS

Old 07-09-12, 06:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by NoLFA4U
I want this in a LS
I think that's an abomination.
Old 07-09-12, 06:11 PM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each their own, but I could sell this all day.

The spoiler is a bit much.

Lexus is going to need to offer some exciting cars at some point. Cars that don't cost 400k.

Hopefully we will see a performance geared GS and LS, and a LF-LC of some kind.

Last edited by NoLFA4U; 07-09-12 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-09-12, 06:18 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
We already know what the reaction will be from Lexus haters and people with no imagination "omg predetor" or "omg big camry" so thats not a worry. What will the market ultimately say?
i honestly don't think i've met anyone who hates the LS so i'm not sure who these haters are.
Also, the GS std vs. f-sport fronts are quite different. The spindle is only part of it. The 'predator' comments have been about the f-sport front. Also, since the spindle on the new ES is more 'gentle' and imo, classy, it means the LS doesn't have to be shocking just to be different. A jag xj for example, isn't socking, it's just beautiful in the lines and details. The 7 and S to me are more amazing because of all the variations and the details of each without going overboard.

The current LS is already a beautiful vehicle, even today. Just like the IS which has also aged wonderfully. The LS interior is the weakness, so if they refine the exterior and overhaul the interior, it will be a winner. No haters.
Old 07-09-12, 06:26 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
The current LS is already a beautiful vehicle, even today. Just like the IS which has also aged wonderfully. The LS interior is the weakness, so if they refine the exterior and overhaul the interior, it will be a winner. No haters.
Put a really nice GS type interior in the LS and add more MPG and you have a leading flagship.
Old 07-09-12, 06:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I think that's an abomination.
he probably meant twin turbo engine
Old 07-09-12, 07:47 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i think there are good discounts on new now, since its sales dropped significantly in past 12 months...
Interesting..I have not seen any recent sales data on the matter. I'm ready to buy..just need to find one with all the options I want..I know I can't pull off a brand new one buy my broker is on the hunt for a LWB..a 2010 600hL would be butter but they are still floating around $75k at auction pricing...so at what point do prices start to fall? At first rumor of new body, at actual release of new body or when they actually go on sale? As a fan of the LS..I hope this new body wows me more than the new GS did
Old 07-09-12, 07:56 PM
bezee
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJITTY
They need to release it so it will drop values on the existing model so I can scoop my "new to me" 2010+ LWB on the low low lol...looking forward to the release!!
You know I was feeling a little down knowing I cant afford it....BUT now thinking about what you said about prices possibly going down on a 2010 long base (which i have been in the market for) has cheered me up...that is, if they do come down a bit
Old 07-09-12, 08:06 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It all comes down to this car, they can either mess it up, or hit it out of the park.

Interior needs to be best in class, there needs to be innovative technology, and the design needs to at least look classy in ALL trims.
Old 07-09-12, 08:13 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by bezee
You know I was feeling a little down knowing I cant afford it....BUT now thinking about what you said about prices possibly going down on a 2010 long base (which i have been in the market for) has cheered me up...that is, if they do come down a bit
Find yourself a good broker and scoop up a nice auction 2010 LS460 LWB..auction pricing right now is well below $50k. Here in GA, if you get one from a private owner, no sales tax!! For me that is a 6% savings so that is another thing to consider. There are some great deals out there but my problem is I simply want every option minus exec seating package.. 600's typically have all the options but a heavy price. 2010+ 460 LWBs with all those options is very hard to find..been scoping those out for about 45 days now. Folks are holding on to fully loaded ones it seems.
Old 07-09-12, 08:24 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had two LS'... I leased a 2005 LS430 and I own an LS460L. The LS430 performed well for the time. My LS460L does not. I need something with a little more power. I'll be ready for a new car in under 12 months... I love Cadillacs but I haven't owned one in awhile now because they have nothing I'm interested in. I have a feeling I'll be crossing Lexus off my list for the same reasons.

The Cadillac XTS is a really nice car - but performs poorly. It's also not big enough for me. I want a wider car with a long wheelbase. I really never thought I'd be about ready for a new car and have nothing to buy from Lexus.
Old 07-09-12, 08:36 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What are some people classifying as "all new" or "revised" ? The LS that will be released in next few weeks/month will be ALL NEW as in the exterior and interior will be different from the LS460 currently available. Whether or not the powertrain will change or not, it's still all new. It's not a revised or refresh. The current LS460 has been running since MY 2007 and 2012 MY will be it's last year. This 2013 LS### will be the next generation LS. The only refresh thus far that will be utilizing the spindel mid-cycle are the RX, GX and LX. Even the next IS will be a new generation IS.

Like the 2013 ES, it's the same engine and powertrain as the 2012 ES, but exterior and interior are all different, so it's "all new."
Old 07-09-12, 08:39 PM
Arcadian
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I can live with the "spindle" in fact I think I like it. I'd like to see more character in the wheel flares though and the sides need to be less bland (please no 'flame surfacing though').
At least Lexus is building a consistent and more aggressive look throughout the line-up.
Old 07-09-12, 08:57 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
What are some people classifying as "all new" or "revised" ? The LS that will be released in next few weeks/month will be ALL NEW as in the exterior and interior will be different from the LS460 currently available. Whether or not the powertrain will change or not, it's still all new. It's not a revised or refresh. The current LS460 has been running since MY 2007 and 2012 MY will be it's last year. This 2013 LS### will be the next generation LS. The only refresh thus far that will be utilizing the spindel mid-cycle are the RX, GX and LX. Even the next IS will be a new generation IS.

Like the 2013 ES, it's the same engine and powertrain as the 2012 ES, but exterior and interior are all different, so it's "all new."
i would consider that as all new and traditionally lexus would too... but a lot of sources point to facelift, like on RX, so who knows.... those sources could be idiots like many other journalists that have little clue about Lexus/Toyota and constantly write wrong info.
Old 07-09-12, 08:58 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CJITTY
so at what point do prices start to fall? At first rumor of new body, at actual release of new body or when they actually go on sale? As a fan of the LS..I hope this new body wows me more than the new GS did
all of it :-).... once they have them on the lots, and few months later, is when the bigger fall begins, because they will have a lot of trades from previous owners.

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus LS Unveiling