2013 Lexus LS Unveiling - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

2013 Lexus LS Unveiling

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-12, 11:00 AM   #31
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,138
Default

p.s.2. If we remember the article about TMG - and their twin turbo LS, we should recall how head of TMG said that their engines come from Japan.
spwolf is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 11:05 AM   #32
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 80,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
i dont think they will spend money on interior and exterior and not change the rest as they did with GS.... I bet it will be very similar to GS changes if they do the interior... they might do what RX did and just do some special model + grille and small interior changes.

p.s. regards to our talks about turbo's, i just realized leaked brochure of next gen Auris had same engines as before :-). Traditionally, Toyota introduces new powertrains first in Japan.
that would be interesting to see. but seeing the same suspension going through 2 "generations" for 12 years run? i don't know what to think of it

but then again, i have been told by various source that this is going to be a "facelift", however a pretty "big" one since it's quite some changes. so we will see how that goes. i have to agree if this is facelift (as i am told by lexus people) then it's probably the biggest we have seen from lexus so far. on the other hand, looking at all the previous generations of lexus vehicles, big picture wise, every generation means different chassis / suspension, etc... tons of things.

drivetrains i am ok, as we have seen it all too well with 3gs and 4gs debut. but i would expect chassis and suspension changes for steps of improvements.
rominl is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 11:08 AM   #33
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I really want to see all the new Lexus with the new face models together to see if there is any confusion. So far with the GS and RX there is no confusion for me in regards to looking like one another or like anything else. I think that is what Lexus is hoping for.

The current "Sport" already got great reviews and from my understanding sold well. I don't expect the new sport model to really gain much anything else outside of official F sport badges. A power bump would be nice though.
 
Old 07-09-12, 11:10 AM   #34
LexsCTJill
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 3,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
there is always a first to everything. we will see how interior is "changed". if the car has the same chassis / platform / suspension / drive train, i don't know, hard for me to call that new. if it's "new", i would expect it to stay for another 6-7 years
The LS won't be a carryover model with a new spindle. It will have a lot of similar parts, wheelbase etc as the outgoing model but it won't be a ground up redesign.

I am excited to see what Lexus will do on the interior.
LexsCTJill is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 11:16 AM   #35
LexsCTJill
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 3,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
sounds like no new drivetrains?
Revised gear ratios for better MPG.
LexsCTJill is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 11:42 AM   #36
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
that would be interesting to see. but seeing the same suspension going through 2 "generations" for 12 years run? i don't know what to think of it

but then again, i have been told by various source that this is going to be a "facelift", however a pretty "big" one since it's quite some changes. so we will see how that goes. i have to agree if this is facelift (as i am told by lexus people) then it's probably the biggest we have seen from lexus so far. on the other hand, looking at all the previous generations of lexus vehicles, big picture wise, every generation means different chassis / suspension, etc... tons of things.

drivetrains i am ok, as we have seen it all too well with 3gs and 4gs debut. but i would expect chassis and suspension changes for steps of improvements.
i dont think suspension improvements are that expensive to do, so I am sure we will see them... if they could do some changes for Sport model that sold in very small numbers, I am sure they can do GS type changes for LS.

But again, they might do a change like 2013 RX. Grille + small suspension tweaks + new wheel in the interior and colors.
spwolf is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 12:01 PM   #37
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You know this is maybe the most risque change when it comes to the spindle grill. Grill changes on SUVs usually work out fine since they are taller and more butch. The GS it seems to have worked pretty well since that market is more apt for something aggressive being a sports sedan. The ES in pics it looks good but it is a risk since that market likes conservative looks.

For the LS, this is a big big risk even as D-class Flagships have gotten more bold in recent years. While the LS has gotten more stylish it still is conservatively styled. Will this traditional market of Lexus owners like this new face and direction? Will it attract tons of buyers from other brands like the GS seems to be doing?

Also considering this is a facelift they have to merge this aggressive front end with conservative sides/rear ala GS. The ES seems to really do a great job of blending it all together.

We already know what the reaction will be from Lexus haters and people with no imagination "omg predetor" or "omg big camry" so thats not a worry. What will the market ultimately say?

This may sound crazy but in a way the Equus blatantly copying the LS might be a great thing here. For those that want to show they have a Lexus, the new face will clearly shout that in spade with no confusion with a Hyundai.
 
Old 07-09-12, 12:05 PM   #38
Tee
Moderator
 
Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,746
Default

Well I can't wait to see the new update!
Tee is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 12:21 PM   #39
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 33,540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimxo View Post
A friend told me that the new IS ES LS will all look the same, just pick your size S M L.

Power trains and AWD do make a difference but I see his point.
This doesn't apply just to Lexus... this is the whole auto industry. The mentality is "One sausage, different lengths."
Hoovey2411 is online now  
Old 07-09-12, 12:30 PM   #40
adamls2
Lexus Champion
 
adamls2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,404
Default

Really can't wait to see it!
adamls2 is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 01:15 PM   #41
CJITTY
Moderator
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,564
Default

They need to release it so it will drop values on the existing model so I can scoop my "new to me" 2010+ LWB on the low low lol...looking forward to the release!!
CJITTY is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 01:36 PM   #42
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
They need to release it so it will drop values on the existing model so I can scoop my "new to me" 2010+ LWB on the low low lol...looking forward to the release!!
i think there are good discounts on new now, since its sales dropped significantly in past 12 months...
spwolf is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 01:40 PM   #43
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,138
Default

What do you guys think about LS350 and LS450h? First one might end up in China and 2nd one might end up everywhere. So much sense.
spwolf is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 01:52 PM   #44
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 80,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
What do you guys think about LS350 and LS450h? First one might end up in China and 2nd one might end up everywhere. So much sense.
i think it makes sense especially for other regions like europe. no ls350 for the US though, please, just a horrible idea. i am actually not against ls450h for the US market, it delivers the kind of smoothness for US market imho

on the other hand regarding posts on "lexus looks so alike now" (and also other brands), it's really funny. when lexus cars didn't look like each other at all, people complained saying there is no design language and "trademark" styling for the brand. now they do, people complain. when bangle's 3 5 and 7 looked so different, people complained. now they have the same styling, people complain they are too similar

life is tough
rominl is offline  
Old 07-09-12, 03:37 PM   #45
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
i think it makes sense especially for other regions like europe. no ls350 for the US though, please, just a horrible idea. i am actually not against ls450h for the US market, it delivers the kind of smoothness for US market imho

on the other hand regarding posts on "lexus looks so alike now" (and also other brands), it's really funny. when lexus cars didn't look like each other at all, people complained saying there is no design language and "trademark" styling for the brand. now they do, people complain. when bangle's 3 5 and 7 looked so different, people complained. now they have the same styling, people complain they are too similar

life is tough
these days it is all about complaining about this and that, you are damned if you do and damned if you dont.

I think LS needs to be even more radical than GS. Market is changing.
spwolf is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 Lexus ES Refresh Officially Unveiled Vihzel ES - 6th Gen (2013-present) 104 06-02-15 12:30 PM
Lexus LF-C2 Convertible Debuts (pg.20, post#290) zema Car Chat 376 03-03-15 05:50 PM
2014 Geneva Auto Show - RC F SPORT & RC F GT3 pics islandbeef RC F (2015-present) 22 03-11-14 08:47 AM
Lexus officially launches in Vietnam =) Blackraven Car Chat 15 01-08-14 09:38 AM
ES 350 available with saddle like the LS 460 sport LexFather ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) 2 06-22-10 07:00 AM


Tags
2013, 2014, 30, 30th, 460, club, clublexus, debut, gen, july, lexus, ls, ls-f, lsf, shown, usf50, xf50

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved