Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lexus LS Unveiling

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-12, 06:36 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
looks great, but i smell photoshop.
looks to good to be a photoshop. I call it the real deal.
Old 07-25-12, 06:48 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How aggressive is the F Sport!

The LS F Sport flows much better than the GS F Sport!

Can't wait for the debut!
Old 07-25-12, 06:58 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Loved it at first glance when I was looking at it in the office, loved it again on the IPad UNTIL I left the image there and started looking at the lines.... Don't want to be all negative all the time so not going to stare and just keep glancing.

Hopefully the hood lines are exaggerated because I want to love the LS since I hate the GS and am looking for a reason to give Lexus some more money....

Holding out hope for the 30th...
Old 07-25-12, 07:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
saw these 2 pics on a Chinese site.

Real deal everyone. Also, it will have a change of hp, new MPG rating, more lightweight materials including chassis materials and it will officially be a 2014 model.
Old 07-25-12, 07:18 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Real deal everyone. Also, it will have a change of hp, new MPG rating, more lightweight materials including chassis materials and it will officially be a 2014 model.
Whoa tweaks to both the engine and the chassis? That's pretty interesting and makes the extensiveness of this facelift on par with the one in 1997. Mind letting us know how you get this information though?
Old 07-25-12, 07:28 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is, I will be pleasantly surprised if the the updated LS does look like that. Seeing the 7-Series, S-Class and A/S8 aren't that aggressive looking. One thing I have been asking myself, is this the new face of Lexus L-finesse or did that go out the window?

5 days left.
Old 07-25-12, 08:24 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are we sure these are not photoshoped? look at the headlights closely; look at the black filler beneath the LED bulbs, the vertical edges aren't even straight. looks a little questionable to me..

according to these images, its basically the current car with different headlights and tail lights...
Old 07-25-12, 08:35 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BrickHead
Are we sure these are not photoshoped? look at the headlights closely; look at the black filler beneath the LED bulbs, the vertical edges aren't even straight. looks a little questionable to me..

according to these images, its basically the current car with different headlights and tail lights...
i agree and those headlights look hideous
Old 07-25-12, 08:39 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Based on those two pics it looks good, but I will holdoff the rest of my comments until Monday when we see the real thing.
Old 07-25-12, 08:48 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrickHead

The tail lights look like the spy shots we have recently seen:

Old 07-25-12, 09:45 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Rims in those two leaks are also similar to some test mules that we have seen.

Lexus CTJill - any word on the power increase?
Old 07-25-12, 09:47 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
saw these 2 pics on a Chinese site.

Ugh, whatever Lexus TIIC! Good luck to you when the S-Class debuts and ISN'T a mere facelift. Thanks for posting UpSideDown as I will now exit this thread and focus my attention to the next IS, which is a contender to replace my G35 next year.
Old 07-25-12, 10:29 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301

Lexus CTJill - any word on the power increase?
I have not been told the actually hp change but there is one, however it is very minimal. From my source, modifications from such things as Torsen limited slip, changes to the peak @RPM, and other internal modifications. I was told to not expect much of a change and it should be along the lines of GS power bump.

I was also told to expect changes to the final drive ratios.

My source could be wrong, but they have been closer to the right in the past. There also may not be any powertrain numbers annouced on Monday.
Old 07-25-12, 11:11 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i dont know where is Mr. Burns hiding to analyze it for us, but i think i noticed some pixels looking weird.
It's tough to say, if this is a photoshop, it is supremely well done. The front end shot is almost perfect, even the headlights aren't merely mirror images. The images use the correct side mirrors (Lexus is phasing out the ones on the current LS). The chrome on the grill is very well done too and that's somewhat difficult to do in PS.

I will however say that I have concerns with the rear 3/4 shot. The car looks too low, even for Lexus marketing, and the far right rear exhaust outlet looks off. The lower side skirt (below the chrome) and lower bumper (around the exhaust area) look fake.

Design wise the rear 3/4 shot looks like an aftermarket modified LS. I don't see Lexus using black plastic on the taillights to alter the look, and I think the side design will be changed much more. The door handles for example will probably end up similar to those on the GS, CT, RX and new ES than the ones in the image, which are of the current LS (and previous ES).

Also why would Lexus cover up the entire car in the spy shots we've seen if this is only to be a front and rear refresh? If the side profile is to be left largely unchanged then following industry tradition the spyshots would have only the front and rear ends covered.

Similarly why would Lexus release a teaser for the LS depicting the side profile if the side profile is to be left largely unchanged?

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 07-25-12 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-25-12, 11:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

2011 lexus gs350 - 303hp
2013 lexus gs350 - 306hp

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus LS Unveiling