Register Forgot Password?

2015 Toyota Prius

Old 07-13-14, 02:40 PM   #31
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post
That quote was so old I had to go search what it was in response too lol.
Come on....don't give me that. As long as you have been reading, posting (and doing) auto reviews, you know exactly what it stands for.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
I was speaking from a handling standpoint in which there is no "I dunno about that". Lighter 'could' be worse if I were talking about build quality but that's not the case.
Well, that part is generally true. Lighter weight, overall, usually does mean better handling, but a number of other factors also come into play. If you have ever driven a Lotus Elise (I have, although it was almost impossible for me to get in and out of), you'll see what truly light weight does.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-13-14 at 02:44 PM..
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 04:45 PM   #32
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
Dunno about that. Comparing the 2Gen with the current 3Gen Prius, the 2Gen, IMO, felt FAR more solidly-built inside and out. The 3Gen, I'll admit, handles somewhat better (losing some ride comfort in the process) and gets slightly better gas mileage. The old one rolled like a beach ball on sharp corners.
well, while we are talking about it, 3rd gen is better built car with better materials than 2nd gen. 2nd gen was still nice and my favorite for the time it started sales.
Old 07-13-14, 05:45 PM   #33
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
well, while we are talking about it, 3rd gen is better built car with better materials than 2nd gen. 2nd gen was still nice and my favorite for the time it started sales.
The 3Gen does handle a little better....losing some ride comfort in the process. I'll respect your opinion on this, but I disagree that it is built more solidly than the 2Gen. It was obviously designed for very light weight and very high fuel economy, and some of the interior materials and exterior sheet metal are very thin. Consumer Reports, BTW, basically agreed. But its reliability, off ours, nevertheless, has remained well above average, so, in that sense, it is well built.

However, one nice thing about the 3Gen model is that it has basically expanded into four different versions......C, Prius, V, and Plug-In. That gives today's Prius buyer a far wider choice than before....which was only one basic model. It also gives those considering a Honda Insight (which, of course, doesn't sell well in the first place), a reason to go with a Prius C at virtually the same price....before, the Insight significantly undercut the Prius in price.
Old 07-14-14, 03:26 AM   #34
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
but I disagree that it is built more solidly than the 2Gen. It was obviously designed for very light weight and very high fuel economy, and some of the interior materials and exterior sheet metal are very thin.
2G was the same when it comes to thinness... It also had worse interior plastics and it seats would wear off too easy - problem that 3G didnt have.

Of course, 2G was revolutionary car back when it was introduced... and its quirky styling, great mpg and toy-like driving had a lot of fans.

I had one for 3 years, my wife still likes it the best out of 10+ cars we owned in past 10 years.
Old 07-14-14, 08:51 AM   #35
GSteg
Rookie
Trader Score: (14)

I understand for Toyota to offer hybrid technology while keeping the cost down, there needs to be a compromise, but I'm anticipated the next generation Prius will have better fit and finish. Ours had only 18k miles on it before it started developing decent amount of rattles.
GSteg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 09:56 AM   #36
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteg View Post
I understand for Toyota to offer hybrid technology while keeping the cost down, there needs to be a compromise, but I'm anticipated the next generation Prius will have better fit and finish. Ours had only 18k miles on it before it started developing decent amount of rattles.
loved my 2010...but yes it had rattles too, espeically when I brought it to Denver....I crammed little pieces of felt between every panel I could.
Old 07-14-14, 01:14 PM   #37
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteg View Post
we are always free to get Lexus if we dont like mainstream brand :-)
Old 07-14-14, 01:14 PM

Tags
200h, 2015, 4th, club, ct, date, es350, generation, hawaii, lexus, prius, release, sc, toyota, toyotapriusclub