Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > Car Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Toyota to launch TMG performance sub-brand

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-12, 02:31 PM   #1
TF109B
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,057
Default Toyota to launch TMG performance sub-brand

Story here- http://www.caradvice.com.au/177944/t...nce-sub-brand/

Interesting comments about the TMG LS460, twin turbo 4.6 V8!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TF109B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 02:36 PM   #2
KA8
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)
 
KA8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ca
Posts: 1,161
Default

Sounds gay... sounds and looks alot like AMG
__________________

2010 Prius IV
1993 LS400
1993 Z32TT
KA8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 02:41 PM   #3
SNiiP3R
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
SNiiP3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fuhgeddaboudit
Posts: 2,810
Default

I dont really care if they are called TMG/ OMG/ BMG or any other combo, as long as they produce good quality products
__________________
2013 GS350
2008 GS350 - Hurricane Sandy took her away Click here for pictures
2001 GS300 - Sold
SNiiP3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 02:49 PM   #4
TF109B
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,057
Default

Toyota Motorsports GMBH or TMG for short. That's 'gay' sounding? I didn't think Toyota's motorsports arm had a sexual preference. Useless comments that add nothing to the discussion. This article basically confirms the LS460 TMG edition. How's that for 'gay'?
TF109B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 02:52 PM   #5
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiiP3R View Post
I dont really care if they are called TMG/ OMG/ BMG or any other combo, as long as they produce good quality products
Amen, call it "POS" if they want, if they make a LS600 with a twin-turbo 4.6-litre V8 with around 650bhp, I am so hitting it. That would be the perfect daily commuter!!
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 02:57 PM   #6
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF109B View Post
Toyota Motorsports GMBH or TMG for short. That's 'gay' sounding? I didn't think Toyota's motorsports arm had a sexual preference. Useless comments that add nothing to the discussion. This article basically confirms the LS460 TMG edition. How's that for 'gay'?
I understand, he meant the name "TMG" is too close to "AMG", even the badge looks the same. Which I agreed.

Toyota got too many performance divisions names already, TRD, G Sports, Sport Design, F, F Sports, now TMG? Make up the mind already and stick with one. F sounds good, is different and original. My favorite is G Sports, sounds like G Spot, which sure is exciting and orgasmic

The confirmation of the LS460 TMG edition is crazy, but then when Toyota was so sensitive about that a while back when it leaked out and try to cover it up, that already proved that it is real. This is the most exciting news I have heard for years regarding Japanese cars.

Last edited by BNR34; 06-20-12 at 03:02 PM..
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 02:57 PM   #7
TF109B
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,057
Default

By the end of the year we will know more. Pascal Vasselon says in the article- Asked why the LS was chosen, Vasselon hinted at the directive from Japan but also elaborated that “one of the interesting challenges was to make this big car reactive and fun to drive”. You may get your wish BNR.
TF109B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:05 PM   #8
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,242
Default

this is quite awesome! hopefully everything materialize further and more fun cars coming!

tt v8 ls with 650hp, now we are talking
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:06 PM   #9
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF109B View Post
By the end of the year we will know more. Pascal Vasselon says in the article- Asked why the LS was chosen, Vasselon hinted at the directive from Japan but also elaborated that “one of the interesting challenges was to make this big car reactive and fun to drive”. You may get your wish BNR.
I hope so. I sure hope they will get the suspension right. So far they have not done it, being regular LS comfortable while having good handling.

AMG done it with their ABC hydraulic suspension. I love the AMG S-Class, but I sure don't want to deal with the costs and hassles of keeping them running.
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:11 PM   #10
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
tt v8 ls with 650hp, now we are talking
Oh hell yes, this would be my choice of daily driver. Even if they de-tune it down to 550 hp like the S63 and B7, is still perfectly fine. I can crank it back up myself

As long as it got the Toyota reliability, it is gold.
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:13 PM   #11
TF109B
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,057
Default

TRD is racing development, TMG has been in Germany for at least 10 years and was formerly called TTE (Toyota team Europe). The TMG symbol is red gray and black, it doesn't resemble the AMG branding in my eyes.
Click the image to open in full size. compared to Click the image to open in full size. maybe slightly.
TF109B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:17 PM   #12
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,490
Default

Come on, just having "MG" itself is already 66% similar.

Again, call it whatever they want, I just want the TT V8 with a 10-speeds automatic. I can always debadge it if I hate the badge
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:19 PM   #13
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34 View Post
I understand, he meant the name "TMG" is too close to "AMG", even the badge looks the same. Which I agreed.

Toyota got too many performance divisions names already, TRD, G Sports, Sport Design, F, F Sports, now TMG? Make up the mind already and stick with one. F sounds good, is different and original. My favorite is G Sports, sounds like G Spot, which sure is exciting and orgasmic

The confirmation of the LS460 TMG edition is crazy, but then when Toyota was so sensitive about that a while back when it leaked out and try to cover it up, that already proved that it is real. This is the most exciting news I have heard for years regarding Japanese cars.
TMG is "old". TMG is basically TTE (Toyota Team Europe) that morphed into TMG (Toyota Motorsport GmbH) when they started their F1 project. It is just what the Germans would name their company and it is an German company after all.

In Europe, TMG accessories have been sold for 4-5-6 years now as part of official Toyota accessories catalogue.

For instance, parts for Auris:

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
- 07 Lexus GS350 AWD
spwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:19 PM   #14
YviE
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)
 
YviE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: France
Posts: 1,111
Default

The TMG logo is an evolution of the TTE logo imo. TTE was stopped a couple of years ago. Looks like they're back under a new name!
YviE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:31 PM   #15
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
TMG is "old". TMG is basically TTE (Toyota Team Europe) that morphed into TMG (Toyota Motorsport GmbH) when they started their F1 project. It is just what the Germans would name their company and it is an German company after all.

In Europe, TMG accessories have been sold for 4-5-6 years now as part of official Toyota accessories catalogue.
TTE is old, TMG is very new. 6 years in this industry is very new. Some people think the 3 years old HS250h is brand spanking new!

The company is old, but the name TMG is very new. We only heard about it when the TMG LS460 was leaked.
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:31 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting.... TMG TS-650 Lexus LS UCFdude LS460, LS460L and LS600h 2 10-25-13 11:04 PM
Toyota readying TMG performance sub-brand? Hoovey2411 Car Chat 5 09-16-13 02:37 AM
Lexus LS650 Prototype Set for Essen Motor Show cmk1 Car Chat 238 09-08-13 07:41 AM
Toyota (TMG) introduces Entry-Level Yaris WRC TF109B Car Chat 6 08-14-12 10:45 AM
VIDEO: TMG IS F CCR-S @ VLN Nürburgring Nordschleife flipside909 IS F 24 11-30-11 09:01 AM


Tags
460, badge, brand, brands, club, clublexus, gs, lexus, ls, ls460, mclublexus, rear, sexy, sport, tmg, toyota, tranny, wing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info