Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What if Lexus made the CT F? Would you consider it?
Yes
35.71%
Yes, but with AWD!
35.71%
Maybe
9.52%
No
26.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

So if Mercedes is making an A Class AMG, what if Lexus had a CT F?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 10:31 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Back to the OP, on the question of a CT F-Sport, after having reviewed and driven the CT, I felt that the standard suspension/chassis was easily stiff enough (and the handling sharp enough) that it didn't need a formal F-Package, at least for the chassis. IMO, what the CT has, right now, even in standard form, can probably pass for F-grade.

Those of you who have gotten used to a comfy ES or LS, for example, will probably be shocked by the difference in both ride-stiffness and steering/handling precision when you first sample a CT. Even in base form without an F-package, it is anything but Lexus-soft in its underpinnings.
I got to drive a CT (non F Sport) as a loaner and came away with the same impression - i.e. did not feel the need for a better-handling suspension. As one who is used to a comfy ES and LS, I have to say the CT was much more fun to drive. Also, given what I've read, I was surprised at how well it accelerated (in sport mode). In ECO mode, it was really sloooow, though - possibly slow enough to be almost dangerous in a freeway merge. On a long, all-day, freeway, cruise-control trip I still would prefer the LS, of course, but the CT is on my short list of possible replacements for the LS.
Old 07-19-12, 09:50 PM
LexFather

Drop the 3.5 in there. 300hp CT lol

Old 07-19-12, 11:41 PM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm seeing more and more CT's here in NYC recently. And they are sharp looking cars. Spec-wise though i'd prefer something with a bit more oomph (i know thats not the purpose of the car). But with the styling of the car, with a bit more power and a row-your-own-gear tranny, im sure it'd be a blast.