Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Honda Accord

Old 08-10-12, 07:59 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2012 CRV EX trim has bluetooth as well.

I doubt this will change for the Accord EX.

I really like the look for the new accord. Hope we can get an Accord EX 4cly with regular shifting transmission as I dont care about the CVT.

Anyone know if both transmissions will be offered??
Old 08-10-12, 10:36 AM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Here are some details of the 2013 Accord trims and features:

LX includes:

• Rearview camera
• 8 in. i-MID TFT screen
• Pandora
• SMS text messaging capability
• 16 in alloy wheels
• Body color door mirrors
• Chrome door handles
• Bluetooth HandsFreeLink
• USB
• Dual Zone Auto AC
• Auto on/off headlights
• Security Alarm

NEW Sport adds:

• 18 in Alloy Wheels
• 8-way power seat
• Fog Lights
• Dual Exhaust
• Decklid Spoiler
• Paddle Shifters

EX adds or replaces on Sport:

• Honda LaneWatch (Blind Spot display)
• Side mirrors with turn signal indicators
• 17 in Alloy Wheels
• Power Moonroof

EX-L adds or replaces features on EX:

• Leather trimmed seats
• Audio with touch screen
• Multi-angle rearview camera
• Forward Collision Warning
• Lane Departure Warning
• XM Radio
• Heated front seats
• Leather steering wheel
• Navigation option

13M Accord V6 Sedan Features

EX-L adds to L4 EX-L:

• LED Daytime Running Lights
• Homelink
• Dual Exhaust

NEW Touring:

• Includes all of the aforementioned EX-L features and some additional luxury car features
Old 08-13-12, 03:38 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm liking it so far. Perhaps this is the first step of Honda's redemption.
Old 08-13-12, 06:26 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

This is actually a whole lot better than I was expecting. It's NOT the Crossturd front-end like they've also put on the CR-V and actually looks nice. It's almost unavoidable that certain styling elements are going to resemble other cars these days so I don't really hold that against them. Looking forward to full specs and hope they actually drive nice.
Old 08-14-12, 05:21 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
This is actually a whole lot better than I was expecting. It's NOT the Crossturd front-end like they've also put on the CR-V and actually looks nice. It's almost unavoidable that certain styling elements are going to resemble other cars these days so I don't really hold that against them. Looking forward to full specs and hope they actually drive nice.
Exactly!
The GS 350 rear looks like a Sonata.
Old 08-14-12, 06:59 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Exactly!
The GS 350 rear looks like a Sonata.
Really I thought the ES was! I dont think GS. Anyway Camry 3.5 is way better if this accord keep the same engine of the previous gen.
Old 08-14-12, 07:24 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EthanV
Really I thought the ES was! I dont think GS. Anyway Camry 3.5 is way better if this accord keep the same engine of the previous gen.

OK ES and GS.
The Accord design looks so much better than the oh so ugly Camry.
Then again it wouldn't take much for a new design Accord to look better than the Camry.
Old 08-14-12, 07:27 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

ok guys let's stay on the accord here, and not off on lexus, hyundai or other models.
Old 08-14-12, 07:48 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Joeb427

OK ES and GS.
The Accord design looks so much better than the oh so ugly Camry.
Then again it wouldn't take much for a new design Accord to look better than the Camry.
Design is subjective though in many cases ugly is just ugly and you have to look at what sources think is ugly and what vehicles they drive before absorbing their opinion. Many feel the Accord last gen was ugly and the Camry was bland. Both are not design leaders in any way shape as form they are to sell 250k-400k copies a year and they need to stay conservative. I feel both are safe and fine for the masses.

I did find the Accord more interesting and better looking than the Camry though I do like the Camry SE touches. Both look very unspectacular to the Kia Optima or the new Altima which I think looks really good in person and I would think I have a good eye for design.

Now this is the issue with Hyundai design (or a design that copies) when they copy which I stated before. The Accord had that same general shape as the new model, the taillights do share some Gen similarities. The thing is the Accord had that same look for sometime. The Genesis is a blatant copy of everything.

So its really not Honda's fault that their Accord now looks like the Genesis from the rear since they were going to have an evolutionary design.

Old 08-14-12, 07:57 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Design is subjective though in many cases ugly is just ugly and you have to look at what sources think is ugly and what vehicles they drive before absorbing their opinion. Many feel the Accord last gen was ugly and the Camry was bland. Both are not design leaders in any way shape as form they are to sell 250k-400k copies a year and they need to stay conservative. I feel both are safe and fine for the masses.

I did find the Accord more interesting and better looking than the Camry though I do like the Camry SE touches. Both look very unspectacular to the Kia Optima or the new Altima which I think looks really good in person and I would think I have a good eye for design.

Now this is the issue with Hyundai design (or a design that copies) when they copy which I stated before. The Accord had that same general shape as the new model, the taillights do share some Gen similarities. The thing is the Accord had that same look for sometime. The Genesis is a blatant copy of everything.

So its really not Honda's fault that their Accord now looks like the Genesis from the rear since they were going to have an evolutionary design.
Yes design is subjective.I feel the Accord was ugly too.Yes,I agree the Camry SE is a bit better looking.
I agree with your points on the Optima,Altima and Hyundai.
Old 08-14-12, 10:31 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 155 Likes on 91 Posts

I see Honda is still super stingy with the options. So you can't get basic, run-of-the-mill homelink to open your garage door unless you buy the top of the line EX with leather and V6? Come on Honda, you are making a fool of yourself!
Old 08-14-12, 11:12 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I see Honda is still super stingy with the options. So you can't get basic, run-of-the-mill homelink to open your garage door unless you buy the top of the line EX with leather and V6? Come on Honda, you are making a fool of yourself!
they're saying if you're too poor to afford the top of the line accord, you can't afford a house anyways so why do you need a home link???
Old 08-14-12, 11:37 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I like this Accord better than the current Camry!

Hopefully I feel the same when I see the new Accord in person.
Old 08-14-12, 04:47 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EthanV
The 3.5L in the new Accord is all new, including DI. It's rumored to to have an output of about 310HP. Yes, that'll do.
http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/...eneration.html

Last edited by IS350jet; 08-14-12 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-14-12, 06:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IS350jet
The 3.5L in the new Accord is all new, including DI. It's rumored to to have an output of about 310HP. Yes, that'll do.
http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/...eneration.html
Its also rumored to have lost the Double Wishbone suspension for struts. I guess we will find out as this will make it less sporty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Accord