Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > Car Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

What if Lexus made a sub RX LUV based off of RAV4?

Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-12, 10:24 AM   #76
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
Trader Score: (0)
 
flipside909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: L(F)A, California
Posts: 19,133
KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor
Default

Click the image to open in full size.

Makes you wonder what's to come in Paris next month.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
AMAZING IN MOTION

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur
flipside909 is offline  
Old 08-20-12, 11:26 AM   #77
chikoo
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
chikoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 2,578
Default

LUV ???

Little Utility Vehicle ?
__________________

2008 IS250 - Obsidian Black with Black leather.
Premium Pkg, Nav system, P225/40YR18 front & P255/40YR18 rear tires, Rear Lip Spoiler, F-sport Shocks.
chikoo is offline  
Old 08-20-12, 06:41 PM   #78
asoksevil
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
asoksevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Irvine, CA - Madrid, ES
Posts: 221
Default

What's really interesting is that we haven't seen any spy shots yet... so maybe just a concept version instead of the production model?

Jim Lentz, Toyota USA President said this to Wards:

Quote:
And he promises several more new Lexus products will be introduced at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next January.
The IS for sure and maybe the production model of the CX if only a concept is shown at Paris?
__________________
Current: '10 IS250 UL (ES)
Past: '09 SLK200 (ES)
asoksevil is offline  
Old 08-21-12, 01:38 AM   #79
bagyo
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 110
Default

It's nice and all, but Lexus should concentrate on making their IS and GS coupes first before extending their model line up. Also they really need focus more on their "REAL F" performance car line up, as of this date all they really have is the ISF and the unattainable LFA. The Fsport options are all fine and dandy but what about the real performance Lexus's, not just body kitted suspension tweaked regular ho-hum Lexus's.
bagyo is offline  
Old 08-21-12, 02:48 AM   #80
cino
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagyo View Post
It's nice and all, but Lexus should concentrate on making their IS and GS coupes first before extending their model line up. Also they really need focus more on their "REAL F" performance car line up, as of this date all they really have is the ISF and the unattainable LFA. The Fsport options are all fine and dandy but what about the real performance Lexus's, not just body kitted suspension tweaked regular ho-hum Lexus's.
However, I believe Rav4 based CUV will be a much bigger seller than "real F".
cino is online now  
Old 08-21-12, 03:34 AM   #81
LexFather
Guest
Trader Score: ()
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Coupes are very close

It doesn't have to be either/or
 
Old 08-21-12, 01:08 PM   #82
LTownsend
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
LTownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTownsend View Post
Well to add my 2cents worth - I have been a Lexus driver for many years. I am now at a point that the RX350 is too large and the CT200h is too small.

I currently have GX450 that is ready for trade and if Lexus doesn't have a CX300H available - it's bye-bye Lexus and hello to another manufacturer who has their finger on the pulse of where my demographic is looking for.
Follow up:

Went to BMW to test drive the X1 the other day. Really nice ride, just the size I want for my daily drive. Don't like the way BMW prices its cars everything ala carte. The entry price was great then you add in amenities and its the price of an RX - WTH??? No availability - two cars in stock. Checked the "boat" and still not the color combo I wanted. Would have to special order - 6 weeks out. Not waiting for that - not worth the effort.

Bit the bullet and got a CT200H yesterday. Traded in my husband's '08 GX - loved the car hated the mileage. Too big for us now that we are a two person household.

Got a Fire Agate Pearl, Premium - with Sadle nubuck interior- upgraded premium audio and Z2 package. No one in the southern region had one with NAV (which I really wanted) - was #$%^ about that.

Getting tinted and pinned on Thursday. Really compact from my usual drive RX 350 (my husband has that one now).

Ordered the all weather mats and cargo tray - should be here Thursday.
LTownsend is offline  
Old 08-21-12, 03:28 PM   #83
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (16)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 45,649
Default

^^ congrats. certainly way different than an x1! so you got one with nav or not?
__________________
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
bitkahuna is offline  
Old 08-21-12, 09:26 PM   #84
ABC
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,231
Default

I am really looking forward to this small cuv and the ISh. 2 models i may be very interested in...
__________________
2006 IS250
ABC is offline  
Old 08-22-12, 10:45 AM   #85
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
shaolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Irvine, CA OC Area
Posts: 1,541
Send a message via ICQ to shaolin Send a message via AIM to shaolin Send a message via MSN to shaolin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTownsend View Post
Follow up:

Went to BMW to test drive the X1 the other day. Really nice ride, just the size I want for my daily drive. Don't like the way BMW prices its cars everything ala carte. The entry price was great then you add in amenities and its the price of an RX - WTH??? No availability - two cars in stock. Checked the "boat" and still not the color combo I wanted. Would have to special order - 6 weeks out. Not waiting for that - not worth the effort.

Bit the bullet and got a CT200H yesterday. Traded in my husband's '08 GX - loved the car hated the mileage. Too big for us now that we are a two person household.

Got a Fire Agate Pearl, Premium - with Sadle nubuck interior- upgraded premium audio and Z2 package. No one in the southern region had one with NAV (which I really wanted) - was #$%^ about that.

Getting tinted and pinned on Thursday. Really compact from my usual drive RX 350 (my husband has that one now).

Ordered the all weather mats and cargo tray - should be here Thursday.
that's exactly what I told my friend when we went to test drive and he was about to buy one. Don't every pay 46k+ for x1...what a waste of junk for the price.
__________________
Shaolin's Garage: MY06 IS350 (Silver), MY13 RX F (Nebula)
shaolin is offline  
Old 08-22-12, 10:50 AM   #86
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
shaolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Irvine, CA OC Area
Posts: 1,541
Send a message via ICQ to shaolin Send a message via AIM to shaolin Send a message via MSN to shaolin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside909 View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

Makes you wonder what's to come in Paris next month.
Now I can skip my RX deal and wait for this...
__________________
Shaolin's Garage: MY06 IS350 (Silver), MY13 RX F (Nebula)
shaolin is offline  
Old 08-27-12, 09:20 AM   #87
LTownsend
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
LTownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
that's exactly what I told my friend when we went to test drive and he was about to buy one. Don't every pay 46k+ for x1...what a waste of junk for the price.
AMEN to that!
LTownsend is offline  
Old 08-27-12, 09:40 AM   #88
LTownsend
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
LTownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
^^ congrats. certainly way different than an x1! so you got one with nav or not?
Without NAV. There were none available in the Southern Region and I would have had to pay $$$ to have it shipped here.

Upgrading my phone to a phablet soon, Galaxy Note II, will use that instead for NAV.
LTownsend is offline  
Old 08-27-12, 09:45 AM   #89
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 50,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTownsend View Post

Went to BMW to test drive the X1 the other day.

Bit the bullet and got a CT200H yesterday. Traded in my husband's '08 GX - loved the car hated the mileage. Too big for us now that we are a two person household.
Congratulations. A CT200H won't have quite the versatility, interior room, or bad-weather traction of an AWD X1, but it has a heck of a lot better paint-job than lower-line BMWs, is better-built, likely to be more reliable, and, of course, will stretch out your gas-dollars a lot more.
__________________
mmarshall is offline  
Old 08-27-12, 01:59 PM   #90
Trexus
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Trexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: California
Posts: 3,909
tacademia@aol.com
Send a message via AIM to Trexus Send a message via Yahoo to Trexus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTownsend View Post
Follow up:

Bit the bullet and got a CT200H yesterday. Traded in my husband's '08 GX - loved the car hated the mileage. Too big for us now that we are a two person household.

Got a Fire Agate Pearl, Premium - with Sadle nubuck interior- upgraded premium audio and Z2 package. No one in the southern region had one with NAV (which I really wanted) - was #$%^ about that.

Getting tinted and pinned on Thursday. Really compact from my usual drive RX 350 (my husband has that one now).

Ordered the all weather mats and cargo tray - should be here Thursday.
Congrats on purchasing the CT 200h. You'll enjoy the MPG's. Since you're a two person household the CT will be fine for the both of you. Happy driving...come and visit the CT 200h forum. There are many members from all over the U.S and in foreign countries as well...
__________________


2014 Starfire Pearl GX 460
2011 Smokey Granite Mica CT 200h

1998 Red SC 400 - Gone but definitely not forgotten
1996 Star Sapphire Pearl GS 300 - Gone but not forgotten
1996 Classic Green Pearl ES 300 - 400,697 miles R.I.P.
Trexus is online now  
Old 08-27-12, 01:59 PM
 
 
 
 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Toyota RAV4: revealed at L.A. Auto Show modernx Car Chat 372 05-29-13 09:48 PM
2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE Sulu Car Chat 22 05-15-13 07:32 PM
First Drive: 2013 Toyota RAV4 EV Hoovey2411 Car Chat 21 08-07-12 08:55 PM
ATT: Tire Rack - Pacific TPMS S014 istundra The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum 0 04-14-09 08:43 PM
Lexus Prototypes spotted- Photos Swifty Car Chat 18 04-29-07 12:34 AM


Tags
300h, awd, based, better, cheaply, cx, gen, lexus, made, platform, qauattro, rav4, rx, share, small, version

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info