Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Juke-R to get limited production run

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-12, 02:03 PM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default $590k Juke-R

The Nissan Juke has a starting price of $20,770, but add a few options like floor mats and accent lighting and now you can run that up to $590,000.

OK, it’s a little bit harder than that.

Last year, Nissan introduced the Juke-R, a one-off custom that combined the bullfrog body of the little cute 'ute with the high performance running gear from its GT-R supercar. Designed by Nissan’s European technical center, and built by British racing team RML, the engineering exercise turned the economical and fun to drive Juke into an all-wheel-drive piece of insanity powered by a 485 hp twin-turbocharged V6 so technologically advanced that it is hand-built in a clean room the way a satellite is.

Created as a promotional stunt, the Juke-R made its public debut as the pace car for the Dubai 24 Hour race, where it apparently more than earned its keep. The folly proved to be such a hit that Nissan is now building a limited number of customer cars, expected to be on the order of 20-25 units, with a price tag of $590,000. That’s the equivalent of 28 of the already fun-to-drive 181 hp Jukes, or six $97,820 GT-Rs, and a high enough sticker to make it one of the most expensive cars in the world.

The customer Juke-Rs will get the latest 545 hp version of the GT-R’s drivetrain, and will be available for order in the United States.

Money, it seems, sometimes talks in a strange language.
Attached Thumbnails Nissan Juke-R to get limited production run-juker1.jpg  
Old 05-07-12, 02:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

essentially a repost

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ction-run.html
Old 05-07-12, 02:43 PM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

oops...some media late in the game!

Mods please close or delete this thread.
Old 05-07-12, 03:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

only an idiot would buy this thing. Yes it will be collectable but you can buy 3 GTRs for that price and still drop 100K in mods into each one. Exclusivity only matters when the car is actually special. This is simply a skunk works project with a lot of press. Anyone can tune a car with a blank check. Why not make it something special or at least well known. Looks like a teenager worked a Juke. Nobody would even look at the car other than Juke fans, and even they would agree that the owner is either nuts or some rich Saudi.......
Old 05-07-12, 06:57 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a stupid price. Like I8ABMR said, you could get 3 GT-R's and mod them for that price.

At $590k....it still earns the name of the Nissan JOKE as far as i'm concerned.
Old 05-07-12, 08:29 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rather get one GTR over this. It is way over priced.
Old 05-07-12, 08:32 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If this had gone for a reasonable price, I might've respected it if I saw one flying down the road sometime. But now I ever see one drive past me, I will laugh at the fool that spent nearly $600k to buy one
Old 05-07-12, 09:12 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry but there are about 200 cars I would buy before the Juke-R if I had $600K to burn.

I agree with 1SICKLEX that Nissan has totally missed a great opportunity to use the GTR engine/platform in one of their Infiniti vehicles.
Old 05-07-12, 10:49 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are actually serious about this.... with 3 pre ordered already.600K !!! Must come with a pipe and a kilo of crack in the center console.
Old 05-08-12, 02:23 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My head is starting to get hurt after reading this thread. Nissan, you can do the Z-R or Sentra-R. Why Juke of all cars you have?
Old 05-08-12, 05:45 AM
nikko2jzge
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I don't care how ugly it is, I applaud Nissan for building this. Funny cause this was a skunkworks project and initially Nissan was pissed it was made but there is no denying the "wow" factor when it debuted. I have a tremendous soft spot for craziness like. Its simply a factory built crazy *** car some aftermarket shop might have done.

What I honestly don't get, what just confused me to no end is how Nissan will have two GTR engine cars, two cars costing more than any Infiniti and no one at Infiniti thought to do this and slap this motor and mechanicals in something? Are they really satisfied with IPL and 4 SUVs? I don't understand how in around 5 years no Infiniti product has this, even as a concept or project. WTF.
The hardly ever seen on the road EX could have been a good candidate for that.
Old 05-08-12, 06:53 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Interesting, maybe this will open a window for custom ordered Nissan/Infiniti vehicles with GTR drivetrains, I wonder how much the initial product planning and development cost of this Juke-R will cost

Kinda want to see an entire Infiniti lineup with a GTR setup
Old 05-08-12, 07:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
Interesting, maybe this will open a window for custom ordered Nissan/Infiniti vehicles with GTR drivetrains, I wonder how much the initial product planning and development cost of this Juke-R will cost

Kinda want to see an entire Infiniti lineup with a GTR setup
Instead you get a lineup of SUVs

Old 05-08-12, 08:21 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
I wonder how much the initial product planning and development cost of this Juke-R will cost
They used mostly preexisting parts I imagine, so it was probably low(relatively). I'm guessing it's paid for by savings in the marketing department..... they must be hiring 20 year old female interns to do their marketing research.
Old 05-08-12, 08:38 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Whatever the cost, and it is crazy expensive, I'd love to drive it. Maybe Top Gear will get their hands on one. I wanna see that.

Quick Reply: Nissan Juke-R to get limited production run